Is the Iced Tea sweetened or unsweetened?

newtocruising99

Unsweetened, just use Splenda. :)

Am I the only that can tell the difference in Splenda and sugar??? I too have to have tea that is sweetened when it was first made... when the sugar actually gets dissolved up in there. My whole family thinks I'm crazy since i ONLY drink sweetened tea. Guess it'll be water or lemonade since cold drinks are a no no. Is the water ok on the ship????

Am I the only that can tell the difference in Splenda and sugar??? I too have to have tea that is sweetened when it was first made... when the sugar actually gets dissolved up in there. My whole family thinks I'm crazy since i ONLY drink sweetened tea. Guess it'll be water or lemonade since cold drinks are a no no. Is the water ok on the ship????

I use splenda almost exclusively... 'cept when I have my sweet tea once in a blue moon :D And yes, I can definitely tell the difference. If I drink something that is sweetened with sugar, it immediately catches me off guard. I have "learned" to drink tea sweetened with splenda, but it's definitely not the same as sweet tea...

The water on the ship is yummy!!! :)

Am I the only that can tell the difference in Splenda and sugar???

Nope, you're not the only one...no unsweetened tea or tea sweetened with Splenda for me. I don't do diet drinks either. I'm not really a soda drinker...but, when I do want a soda...I want a real, regular soda...full of sugar...no diet. Diet sodas and sugar substitutes have an aftertaste to me.

Nope, you're not the only one...no unsweetened tea or tea sweetened with Splenda for me. I don't do diet drinks either. I'm not really a soda drinker...but, when I do want a soda...I want a real, regular soda...full of sugar...no diet. Diet sodas and sugar substitutes have an aftertaste to me.

Yeah, they do have an aftertaste.

Nope - NOT in Tuscaloosa!! War Eagle.

I used to live there! In fact, that's where my dad went to college.

About the tea, though--as a few others have said, I drink it and really don't mind it if I don't think of it as iced tea. It just is what it is. I don't bother to try to sweeten it, because I detest artificial sweeteners (Splenda doesn't taste *anything* like sugar!), and you can't sweeten tea with sugar after it's already been made. Just doesn't work.

My husband and I both LOVE sweet tea. We love a little tea with our sugar as my father in law says. It's about all we drink at home except water. As far as I remember (8 Years ago) the cruise only had unsweetened tea. We will definately be buying the soda card, we are diet COKE (not PEPSI) drinkers also.

Although, we will be on a cruise by ourselves with no 2 and 4 year old so I could care less what they offered to drink. I will just be happy to be there!!!!

Your northern and western folks will get a kick out of this. Straight from Granny's kitchen...

Bring about 1 quart of water to a boil on the stove in a saucepan. Turn off stove and add 4 teabags. Let sit for 20 minutes. Remove tea bags, pour hot liquid into a 2 quart pitcher with 1 cup of sugar (Yep, one whole cup.) Stir until sugar dissolves completely and add plain water to fill the pitcher. Pour over ice in tall glasses.

I grew up on this stuff but now drink tea with equal or sweet-n-low in order to keep the calories down. Can't do Splenda - tastes bitter and makes me shaky and funny feeling for about an hour after I have it in something.

Archived