Is it Cold?????

mrsnrn

I plan on traveling to Canada/New England on the June 16, 2007 cruise but I read somewhere that the average temp in Canada is 72 degrees. Has anyone traveled here in June? I know that it is generally colder at sea. I want to make sure that I will be able to enjoy the deck and the swimming pools on board the ship without being cold?

I'm orig from Upstate NY and I would have to say that in June the average will not be 72. Maybe during the peak of the day, but at night it will be colder and the mornings too. I will say, however, that in that area anything could happen with the weather, so you just really don't know.

The Weather Channel has statistical information for Halifax and other cities. I linked Halifax for you, but you can just as easily look up Saint John and any other port in Eastern Canada.

Maximum is 20c, minimum is 9c and the average is 15c. And an average of 98mm of rain. Usually late April is when things start to get comfortable. Mid-May and we don't have to wear a jacket. June is quite warm and we are in shorts. (Heck, in Montreal, you will see people in shorts in May as soon as it hits 15c.)

I realize that this is all in Celsius and that Americans might not understand it. The easy way to convert is to put it into Google. Just type 15 c in f and Google will calculate it for you. (It does it for currency as well 1 usd in cad will give you the current exchange rate.)

Archived