first time cruiser-jogger strollers?

vtwinter

We'll be on the Dawn in March. I've read a few postings about strollers and get the sense that jogger strollers aren't easy to take on the ship. I am bringing a simple umbrella stroller for our 2 year old, but wanted to bring the jogger for the 3 month old because his car seat snaps right into it and it's a great way for him to sleep for hours and it saves my back from holding him in the sling.

Am I crazy to bring a jogger stroller on board? I certainly want to be respectful of other passengers and space, but it seems as though it would be very handy and with all the challenges of traveling with 3 kids I am trying to find everything I can to help make this trip feel like a vacation!

thanks for any advice and tips!

The one thing you need to consider is the width of the cabin door. Does the jogger collapse easily?

We once brought a regular strolled that had to be collapsed to get through the cabin door and did not fit under the bed or in a closet. It should have been charged as an additional passenger! LOL

Good luck, and happy cruising!

I wouldn't take it if I were you. Far too cumbersome for tight spaces on the ship. You won't have anyplace to store it in your cabin... oh, maybe if you have a balcony you could keep it out there. It will be very wide in the hallways and may not allow other passengers room to pass you in the hallways. The elevators are not very large either. I would get a smaller stroller if I were you. You could get a combi travel stroller and your carseat will snap into it (perfect fit system) and it will last you a really long time. I still use a combi ultra savvy for my 5 year old when we travel, it folds really small, has a shoulder strap, is really light to carry, and has all of the conveniences like a basket and canopy.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it a long jogger? I can't imagine a jogger in an elevator packed with people. Too bulky. Think how many times you'll have to take an elevator with a stroller (dozens each day). My infant carrier (Graco Snugride) snaps onto my Inglesina Zippy stroller. The Zippy is only somewhat larger than an umbrella stroller. There is NO way I would ever take a jogger on a cruise ship. It's just too big. I'd go to Plan B.

Archived