I can't believe my Good Luck Today!!!

Riley's Mom

It started last night when I checked the cruise rates,,hoping they will decrease before I booked my cruise. We had been loking at cat 6A with a free upgrade to a 6B ..Last year we were in a family oceanview cat 6E butcouldn't afford it this year since it is $700 more than the cat 6A...Anyway on the Carnival website they offered a free upgrade from cat 6A to cat 6E for teh same price as a 6A.. I called Carnival and was told that that was a mistake and they only booked 2 cabins at that price and they "were sorry, but noting they could do agout it" This was coming from the supervisor..

Well long story short//today on my lunch break I went on the Carnival website again,,and lo and behold..there it was..the same deal that I missed last night./ I ran for the telephone and called Carnival.//.only to be told that they didn't think they could offer the price since it was clearly a glitch with the computer system.. ANyway after holding for almost 20 mintues the PVP came on the phone and siad they would honor the price eventhough it was incorrect. So I am booked in a cat 6E for $2407..I am so happy I could bust a gut!!! I saved over $700... We had the same exact cabin last year and paid $3100 for it.. Yippee..

The luck of the Irish was with me today.

Sorry to bore some of you..but I feel like your my family and the only people that would "truly" understand my happiness ...

Carla

It started last night when I checked the cruise rates' date=',hoping they will decrease before I booked my cruise. We had been loking at cat 6A with a free upgrade to a 6B ..Last year we were in a family oceanview cat 6E butcouldn't afford it this year since it is $700 more than the cat 6A...Anyway on the Carnival website they offered a free upgrade from cat 6A to cat 6E for teh same price as a 6A.. I called Carnival and was told that that was a mistake and they only booked 2 cabins at that price and they "were sorry, but noting they could do agout it" This was coming from the supervisor..

Well long story short//today on my lunch break I went on the Carnival website again,,and lo and behold..there it was..the same deal that I missed last night./ I ran for the telephone and called Carnival.//.only to be told that they didn't think they could offer the price since it was clearly a glitch with the computer system.. ANyway after holding for almost 20 mintues the PVP came on the phone and siad they would honor the price eventhough it was incorrect. So I am booked in a cat 6E for $2407..I am so happy I could bust a gut!!! I saved over $700... We had the same exact cabin last year and paid $3100 for it.. Yippee..

Sorry to bore some of you..but I feel like your my family and the only people that would "truly" understand my happiness ...

Carla[/quote']

Perhaps we could high five as I am getting off the Conquest while you are getting aboard! I am happy for you. I am happy for anyone who gets to go on a cruise! Especially when they get a great deal. Good for you!

I share your excitement as I, too, just got a great deal today.

I wanted to do an Alaskan cruise, but travelling solo means I still have to pay as much as 2 people. My first cruise was an inside cabin and every cruise since then except my last I've done an oceanview. I just got back off the Glory and my first balcony cabin which spoiled me, so I decided to splurge and go for another balcony.

The PVP was wonderful and found me a past guest sale which got me an upgrade to an 8G for the 8A price!! I saved $700 and got to pick my cabin which is an extended balcony! I'm really going to be spoiled from now on - guess the only thing left is a suite.

Hey Rileys mom I got that same Glitch on Sunday. I got the 6/12 Victory for 379pp and 219 for our son (who is a Riley too!) Cabin 1115 with the upgrade promo. My pvp told me Mon she couldnt even get that. I booked online right away and got my reservation numbers and all. Already did my funpass. Do you know since I already booked and put down my depo they can't make me back down right? the nomal 6E price was 579pp/3293rd!!

What ship and sailing are you on?

Hi ILlinoisgal,

My daughter is Riley and my son is Murphy...Irish...you think??ha.ha.

ANyway, I don't think they can make you Change you reservation or charge you more as long as you have documentation. I was so upset last night when they told me I couldn't get this good deal. The 6E on the Conquest was $949 for the first two and $499 for the next 2 people.

Today when I called the PVP said he didn't think I could get thedealand I said well then maybe I will just book directly online and he said."Oh that won't work anyway"..Well I am glad you proved him wrong. I got the good deal afterall..

Good for us girl.

High Five!!

Have you been in a cat 6E before? They are great. And I love the Spa deck..

Carla

Yeah for us!!! It all started when I noticed SWA had airfare to Ny this summer for 39.00!!! So I thought cool, I have never been to NY DC etc, so we decided to go for it. So I then went to Carnival's website to see if they had a short cruise out during June, the frice was good 319 so I decided to book the 4a with the upgrade. We are sailing the Lib next year in a 9A( 1st balcony)so I thought a cheap cool trip. Something made me look at the 6a. when I saw spa deck I flipped. I quickly looked at deck plans to see which I wanted. I went thru the booking and the last page it keep giving me errors( my past guest number is under my maider name) so I called. They said nope cant do it, you get Main etc.

So I really quick registerd Dh on Carnival, and got the booking number then the screen went blank.

Checked the bank online and it had 450.0 for the depo so I called again , they found the conf number and gave it to me. I asked to switch to the cabin I really wanted, and they told me basically It wouldnt let them do it, so he suggested I got a GREAT deal and not to mess with it :)

I have never had a 6E, only a 6b and a 4a, so this will be a real treat. Can you tell me about it. Likes and dislikes, noisy or quiet. I Love the rocking etc so that isnt a problem. It will be so nice to not have to walk all the way forward them up 8 decks to the actions(although that was my weight loss plan)

How old is Your Riley? Mine is 8, I do love the Irish names!

illinoisgal,

my Riley is 10yrsold..going on 20yr..She is a character..

The Spa deck is great. No motion at all..There was some noise from the deckabove since Camp Carnival is located there..but mostly just moving furniture sounds...I like this cabin 1115 because it is on the end and you only have to worry about possible noise from one neighbor cabin. CLose to the elevators and stairs and one floor up is the lido deck..where the action is.. The entire wall/window is window..from floor to celing.There is a large queen sized bed closed to the window then a sofa sleeper and an upper berth more towards the bathroom and door. There is a table and two chairs in hte window space..It is also a great place to store the luggage.. You wiull love it. I was also not looking forward to walking up all the stairs when I thought I would be on deck 2 or 3..

When is your cruise? Mine is in 61 days..Yeah..

By the way, I was born and raised on a farm in Iowa, Muscatine..Quad Cities area..So we used to be neighbors..

I lived up north close to the quad citites for awhile, I keep moving fatehr south. I will eventually end up comewhere close enought that I wont have to fly to cruise :) Im 32 and have officially had enought winter for one person to enjoy ;)

I guess I wont have to worry about CC or scraping chairs as the Victory is laid of different? CC on the Victory is next to Cabin 1102 so there is nothing above my cabin (at least what I can tell)

Some have said that it gets hot due to the windows, did you have that problem? I just told Dh about that cruise last night, we had talked about doing ti while there but I just had to jump on that 1115, you understand :) I paid for it out of my Ebay money I made so now I am looking for cool and affordable places to stay and do while traveling. Gosh cruising is great, no planning about accomadations, food what to do etc

We leave June 9th for Ny and the cruise is the 12th, so it isnt too far awya(yours is SOOO much closer) wish I could go just for the sun. You are doing Belize right? I love that port!

I thought the same thing about the room being hotter because of the window, but they have thick blinds that will shade out the sun and heat.

No Belize for us. We go to Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

We drive to Galveston about 3 hrs and take the SHip from there. it is so great not to deal with airports..

I have always wanted to go to the Bahamas..maybe someday. Wouldlike to go to Alaska too. My husband is getting "tired" of cruising.. What is wrong with him..Crazy man! I told him fine, stay home me and thekids will go..

Have Fun.

Carla

I have a picture of the cabin. But don't know how to post it.You can go to my webshots page..under RIley's mom and should be able to find it,. I am so computer stupid.

Sounds like things worked great for you. I just received some great news as well. It is on a Royal Carrib. Cruise, but I noticed in my account today that there was a refund of over 400.00 to my account. Found out that the TA found a discount and applied it to the cruise without me even having to ask. TA will have my business for a long time! Ended up with a aft balcony for less than the price of a deck 2 OV room. :eek:

It started last night when I checked the cruise rates' date=',hoping they will decrease before I booked my cruise. We had been loking at cat 6A with a free upgrade to a 6B ..Last year we were in a family oceanview cat 6E butcouldn't afford it this year since it is $700 more than the cat 6A...Anyway on the Carnival website they offered a free upgrade from cat 6A to cat 6E for teh same price as a 6A.. I called Carnival and was told that that was a mistake and they only booked 2 cabins at that price and they "were sorry, but noting they could do agout it" This was coming from the supervisor..

Carla[/quote']

Carla - this EXACT thing happened to me, but the PVP and the PVP's supervisor said too bad, it's a website glitch. I saw it was the same the next day and called again, same answer. Lucky you got a supervisor to do the right thing.

Bnsheegirl,

I guess I was very lucky indeed.... The first time I called they did tell me basically Too Bad.. The manager?? was not ery nice and rude. Then when I saw it again the next day I called back and fortunately got a decent manager. I think someone needs to complain to the higher -ups at Carnival..If it is listed on the website and on other website,ie.expedia,etc. They should honor the website price.

By the way, the same deal is still listed on the carnival website today,but you have to go under code :dp3 in order to see that special.

Carla

Just book it online, that is what I did. No PVP or manager to bother with. It gave me trouble under my past guest number so I registered hubby really quick and Wha laa!

Rileysmom thanks for the pictures. I cant wait to go ! My husband is kinda the same way. When we discussed taking a shorter cruise this summer then onto the other cities in our vacation plan he was ok. Then he said well since we are going on one next Feb we could just not take one this year.What? Too bad I had already booked :) He loves to gamble and to go to historical places so that is how I motivate him.

Hi ILlinoisgal' date='

ANyway, I don't think they can make you Change you reservation or charge you more as long as you have documentation.

Carla[/quote']

Congratulations on all of the good deals, everyone is getting. Anyway, up until today, I would've thought they couldn't charge more after documentation, but I was just talking, to my boss, this morning, about this very thing. She told me that the last time they cruised, they went with her brother in law and his wife (They live in CA and boss lives in PA) They all used the same sale, that was going on at that time. When they tried to board the ship, the ship told her BIL that they owed $600. They showed their documents that their cruise had been paid in full for severals months. The cruiseline (which was RCI) told them that they had flagged their booking when they realized that they sold them the cruise for the wrong price. Because they lived in CA they weren't eligible for the discount - my boss was OK because PA residents were offered the discount. They wouldn't let them board the ship without paying the additional $600. After they got home, they contacted their attorney who wrote RCI a letter and without any further questions RCI sent them a check for $600. I never thought this kind of stuff could happen.

On another note, I'm looking into the Spa deck and it's good to know about the noise from CC. But this shouldn't be an issue when you're trying to sleep, right?

Traci- which ship are you looking at? CC is on the same level as us but on the opposite ship while on conquest sized ships it is above the cabins on the spa deck. I know from 10pm on they have quiet time where they lay down and watch movies and such so it shouldnt be a bother. Most told me they heard no noise.

The promo we got is for past guest so I know I qualify :) I talked to my Pvp about it and she said I was good to go. that sucks about your fiends deal but it looks like they got some residency price that didnt apply to them, but somehwo came up when the Pa people got involved

Bnsheegirl' date='

I guess I was very lucky indeed.... The first time I called they did tell me basically Too Bad.. The manager?? was not ery nice and rude. Then when I saw it again the next day I called back and fortunately got a decent manager. I think someone needs to complain to the higher -ups at Carnival..If it is listed on the website and on other website,ie.expedia,etc. They should honor the website price.

By the way, the same deal is still listed on the carnival website today,but you have to go under code :dp3 in order to see that special.

Carla[/quote']

Hi Carla,

I just called my PVP and explained to him that there are other people who saw this "glitch" on the website and they are getting the deal honored. He said that he could get it for me too only if I could prove that someone else got it by giving him a last name and room number or a booking number. If it wouldn't be too much of an inposition, would you mind e-mailing me and helping me out?

Thank you so much!

Leah

Just book it online, that is what I did. No PVP or manager to bother with. It gave me trouble under my past guest number so I registered hubby really quick and Wha laa!

Rileysmom thanks for the pictures. I cant wait to go ! My husband is kinda the same way. When we discussed taking a shorter cruise this summer then onto the other cities in our vacation plan he was ok. Then he said well since we are going on one next Feb we could just not take one this year.What? Too bad I had already booked :) He loves to gamble and to go to historical places so that is how I motivate him.

I would if I hadn't already booked and paid the deposit. Now I'm just getting the run around. I asked if I could book through the website and hve the deposit I already paid be transfered to the website booking and I was told no. Also I found a cheaper price from a travel agent after I booked the balcony and called the PVP to get a price adjustment because he said he would do that if I found cheaper prices, but then he told me to just switch my booking the travel agency. I pretty irritated with my PVP right now.

Wow..what a run around from your PVP..

I just got back from taking my daughter to cheerleading practice..

Hopefully, ILlinoisgal was able to email you her PVP and info. Maybe the reason I was allowed to have the deal was because it was a brand new booking, I paid the entire amount at the time and I have cruised 5 times previously..??.. Not sure why. I am just happy I got the cabin at the discount.,

Good LUck.

I only paid my depo at the time, but under my booking on Carnivals website it shows the correct price ( the good price that is :) and 6E 1115 so I should be good too.

Iknow sometimes at Carnival you may have to talk to a different person. I cant believe he would tell you to go thru a TA that is just bad business. MY PVP said they make the same reguardless of cabin choice or amoutn paid HMM

Wow what a jerk. I can email you my Pvps info if you want she is awesome. She knows about my6E find :) She will match any price.

Yes, please e-mail me your PVP's name and number. I'm ready to change PVP's after my last conversation with this guy. Thank you so much!

Archived