Inside Guarantee

katb85

I booked a cat 4a inside guarantee. I received a past guest upgrade to the empress deck. I checked the cabins on my sail date and alot of the oceanview cabins are still left. Do they upgrade inside empress to a oceanview room? If so, do they do this with the first ones to show up and check in on the sail date? Do they give this to past guest first? Thanks in advance.

Very rarely will you see an upgrade from an inside to oceanview. It seems you have already received a cabin assignment on the empress deck. If so, that will most likely be your upgrade. Upgrades can be assigned at any time, but it has nothing to do with who gets to the pier first.

I'm not sure of the preferences used to decide who gets the upgrade, but I can tell you that they do upgrade from a 4a to an ocean view. On my last cruise (9/06) I booked an inside gty and was given an ocean view when I boarded.....

Just like queen said, it does happen. We booked a 1A and 4A guarantees for our Conquest cruise last March and we were upgraded to adjoining 6As. The upgrade fairy was very good to us. Keep your fingers crossed and let us know what happens.

Archived