Hals photo shop

cruizmama

Has anyone used the photo gallery? Can you have them put pictures from your ditigal camera to a disk. I don't want to develop them, just what to be able to make room for more pictures if my card is full. Then develop them when I get home. Do you know how much? Thanks

Has anyone used the photo gallery? Can you have them put pictures from your ditigal camera to a disk. I don't want to develop them, just what to be able to make room for more pictures if my card is full. Then develop them when I get home. Do you know how much? Thanks

I haven't done it, but I understand that it's $15, and it generally isn't done while-you-wait, so unless you have a second memory card you can't do it easily. Depending on the port(s) you're going to, you may be able to go into a drugstore or WalMart/KMart/Target and make one on their machine yourself. The price usually starts about $3 or $4 for the "first 100" pictures, and goes up if you do more.

In the long run, I think it would be cheaper to buy more memory. On-line a 1 GB SD card can be found for around $20 to $25, and can be used over and over again. :)

....and they won't let you accumulate all your photos and then burn one CD. If you go in on day 2 and burn 50 pictures, and return on day four to burn another 100 pictures, that's two CD's, at $15 each.

The price of memory cards is quite reasonable now. I suggest that you go buy enough memory cards that you can store as many pictures as you think you might take during your vacation.

The manual for your camera should tell you how many pix a given memory card size can hold at the various resolutions. Many cameras themselves will indicate how many pictures can be stored and give a running total of how many you can take before you fill the card.

Bring a couple of blank CDs along, and at the CC meet&greet (assuming you have one) casually try to find out who has a laptop along. Get friendly with them, and after a few days ... like on a sea day maybe ... ask if you can meet them somewhere aboard to transfer pix to cd. I would let someone do that with my laptop providing I could accept their type of memory card. :D

Yes, you can have them put on a CD &/or have photos made. Last year we had photos made from one memory card. It took 2 or 3 days to get the photos back and I think there is also a wait for a CD. You won't want to clear the card till you have either prints or a good CD.

I have two memory cards for my digital camera and I still run out of room. I have the photo shop make a CD while I use the other card, however their turn around time was pretty good. I turned the card in at 6:00 p.m. and by 10:30 I had my disk. Not bad for $15.00. I've done this several times and haven't had a problem.

Miss Priss

...I turned the card in at 6:00 p.m. and by 10:30 I had my disk. Not bad for $15.00. I've done this several times and haven't had a problem.

Miss Priss

I've found that time varies quite a bit in getting prints. I'd quess it also does with CDs. Seems to depend on the photographers for that cruise as they seem to be the ones in charge of the photo department.

Archived