Sneaking in alcohol from ports of call

das8929

On my only pre-21 cruise on Holland America (Ryndam 1995, 16y/o) I can safely say (now) that as long as a parent gets the drinks for you, they generally don't ask the second time around.

I would not recommend bringing alcohol on board from ports of call - its easiest to buy it and then ship it home.

The only real problem you should have is getting alcohol on board. I know that when we were in port around the world, it didn't matter how old you we're - as long as you had American currency!

If you are under 21 I would be careful. Not sure what the rules are if caught with alcohol while under 21. My guess is that you would lose it and they would not deliver it to your cabin on the last night like they would do for legal aged drinkers.

Joe

Come on guys, live a little. What's the worst they can do? Put him in boat jail? I'd just try putting a clear liquor like light rum or vodka in a large bottle of water, like the full liter size ones and bringing it right on board. It might not work, but what have you got to lose?

We just returned from the X Zenith, and in Puerto Limon, they have lots of little souvenier bottles of coffe-flavored rums, etc, with various animals on the tiny bottles. Those are given when you buy, and you just put 'em in your bag and reboard. It does not set off any alarms, and the x-ray scanners gave us no trouble.... We had quite a few, and you can just drink away in the stateroom,eh? :D

I've done the vodka in a water bottle multiple times on cruises BUT the last time I was seasick late at night. I grabbed the bottle mistakenly to take some tylenol with, ICK. Not recommended for seasickness.

Archived