photo of 4 in a D1 on Mariner? (#9354)

We will be traveling on the Mariner Feb. 17, 2008, with 2 adults and 2 children (ages 7 and 9). I was wondering if anyone has traveled in a D1 with 4 people before, and if anyone had a photo of the beds made up at night? I assume there will be a roll-away involved, I don't think my two kids will share an open up couch unless its queen sized. I wish there were a fold down bed, but there isn't. Any info would be appreciated.

thanks in advance!

Hi Bonnie -- there were 4 of us in a D1 cabin on Mariner this past August. (Two adults and 2 kids, also 7 & 9.) We had no issues with sleeping arrangements. But sorry, I do not have photos.

There is indeed a fold out couch for the 3rd and 4th passengers but it is not quite queen size. More like a fold out loveseat. They sleep perpendicular to you, head and toes on the "arms" of the couch if you will. To be honest they were so tired at the end of each day they would have slept in the suitcases...

One tip, as soon as we got in the cabin I moved the coffee table out onto the balcony, not to use out on the balcony but rather to give us more room in the cabin.

Hope this helps a bit. You will have an awesome time.

- Ken

This will also be our situation. We are deciding if we want 2 cabins...but for now, in our D1: We will have our 9 year old on the couch not pulled out and our 13 year old on an airmattress. The air mattress is easy to blow up and deflate, so it will put under the bed during the day.

Funfamilyfun,

Instead of a blow up mattress, why don't you ask for a roll away bed to be brought in? I'm pretty sure they will bring it in each evening at turn down, all made up, and take it away in the morning when they make up your room. Thats the way I've heard they do it, so I guess my question was how much room there was in the cabin after they rolled in the bed at night?

I was just curious, since they obviously know there will be 4 in the cabin, what measures do they take to assure there is a bed for everyone? Its not like when we go to a hotel and stuff 4 adults and 4 kids in a double (with air mattresses!)! Since we are actually PAYING for the fourth, I would hope they would make every effort for our comfort, don't you think?

We always book a D1 for the four of us, and my two daughters, who are 15 and 13 years old share the sofa bed without any complaints. It's a cozy cabin, but not uncomfortable, and the balcony provides additional breathing room. So little time is spent inside, and I really can't justify the added cost of two cabins or a suite.

• 2 weeks later...

We just switched our D1 for the 4 of us to a E1 and a promenade directly across the hall, for our 2 kids. It ended up to be cheaper! Since we kept our balcony, we figure we have the best of both worlds with everyone getting a bed and an extra bathroom.

Family, that'll work.;)

This photo doesn't show the couch made to a bed so it probably doesn't do you much good but thought I'd link it anyway.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1100036089051336907hXsPtv

However, with the couch open there is still enough room to walk between the desk and the couch/bed.

Oh, about the blow-up bed, If you have many going you may need to store luggage under the bed and also, sometimes, there are life jackets under there as well so keep this in mind as it may impact your plan.

I am going to be booking for our family (7 of us) for December 08.

How can you book a room just for the kids that are under 21?

We will have 4 boys ages 20 to 11, and 1 girl age 14.

How should I try and work this for the least amount of money?

Thanks

This is a picture of a D1 Mariner- we made the sofa up without pulling out and had a rollaway brought in. The rollaway is left in the room all the time- it folds in half and fit against the wall before the balcony door or alongside the beds (near the curtain)- not a big issue for us. Our 2nd D1 had a packnplay instead of a rollaway and it was the same set up. We had 8 of us- 5 kids and a babysitter.

Kay

OK, I have a picture, but the cut and paste image didn't come thru- if you would like to email me privately I will be happy to send it out. OR, if someone gives me directions- I just don't have time to research it at the moment!

Kay

Archived