Booking air ?????????

lv2snorkel

I have always booked air and cruise as a package through Carnival and the air has been reasonable. ON my upcomming cruise on the Miracle however Carnival is asking $529 roundtrip from Vegas to NY - this is a redeye no overnite room or dayroom. I can book the same flight for $333 all taxes and fees. How comfortable are some of you booking air on your own???? Any pitfalls to look for????? Thanks for you help. Katie:confused:

Well, we've booked the air for our last 2 cruises ourselves, and so far at least, the results have been better than through CCL. Last cruise we went with AA.com, and got decent flights for a fair price, about $429.00 round trip.. this year for December's Cruise '07, I was a bit less lucky. The best flights available 16-23 Dec was with US Airways, for $589.00 round trip for my DW and myself. That was found through expedia. Oh and I didn't mention the '03 cruise (thru CCL) where we got into CLT with only 20 minutes to spare to make our connection to MIA. not fun. TO make a long story short, booking air onlie is no big deal, as long as you know what you want (Non-stop vs 1 or 2) and pay attention to the times between flights if you're connecting.

Good luck!

BTW, if you use expedia or any of the other online booking sites, expect an additional charge ($10 for us) for booking, payable to the online site.

Again, Good Luck!

I have booked our last six cruise air on my own. Like previous post said, whatch your times. I always book real earl in the morning in case there is a problem we can still make it on another airline. No problems so far. This year I am considering going with Carnival air. Couldn't find anything cheaper and fom Louisville to Anchorage I just feel better with them doing it.

By booking our own air we have always managed to save enough to fly in the day before and pay for the hotel with the savings. That way you arrive at the ship fresh and rested and ready to go! On our Fantasy cruise in May 06 we had to fly in that day and that 0600 flight is a killer when you live an hour from the airport!

One exception to this might be if you are traveling at holiday time. My DS arrived back in FLL the Sunday after Thanksgiving.....the flight cost more than the cruise.....he should have booked air with the cruise line.:rolleyes:

Archived