Where did all the suites go?

dansu

We're sailing on the Miracle January 26, 2008, and the suites are showing on Travelocity as sold out. They were there the other day. CCL website confirms no suites. HUH! Isn't this a little early. I can't find a group cruise on google either. I hope they haven't taken on a charter. Can't be next weeks one day sale, as PVP just told me it's too early for this sailing to be included.

Anyone have any answers? :confused:

We're sailing on the Miracle January 26, 2008, and the suites are showing on Travelocity as sold out. They were there the other day. CCL website confirms no suites. HUH! Isn't this a little early. I can't find a group cruise on google either. I hope they haven't taken on a charter. Can't be next weeks one day sale, as PVP just told me it's too early for this sailing to be included.

Anyone have any answers? :confused:

It's less than a year away... definitely not too early for the suites to be sold out... if they are gone, try checking around final payment.. or you can be waitlisted.

It's less than a year away... definitely not too early for the suites to be sold out... if they are gone, try checking around final payment.. or you can be waitlisted.

No we're good thanks, as we have a balcony booked. I was just hoping to find out whether it was a group or charter, while there is still time to adjust my booking.

Some of them should come back after final payment is due. We're sailing in two weeks and right before final was due I asked my TA to check the cat 11 rates and the availability of cat 12's in case there was a chance for an upgrade. She did check and said that all the cat 11's and 12's were sold out. Indeed they were.

A couple of days after final several 11s and 12s appeared INCLUDING the wonderful aft wraparound that we snared and changed to. Since then I've noticed that different categories move around with regard to availability. Just today I noticed there are still a couple of 11s and 12s availabe.

What was weird to me was we booked my son and his gf in a balcony guarantee and they wound up getting a suite assigned to them as well. Strange since there are still many balcony rooms left and were at the time they got assigned. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth...we just said THANKS!

Kim

No we're good thanks, as we have a balcony booked. I was just hoping to find out whether it was a group or charter, while there is still time to adjust my booking.

Here's a loaded question. What type of group or charter would cause you to change your booking?

Here's a loaded question. What type of group or charter would cause you to change your booking?

...only the kind that would detract my hubby's undivided attention from me LOL

hang on while I slip into my teflon suit...okay I'm ready:D

We were on with a country music station group. Country music makes me hurl. Except for a number of really bad looking cowboy hats and the required boots and tight jeans, they were hardly noticed. I was so afraid they would be blaring their music and I would not get to hear the steel drums. They were actually a great group.

Dansu, I wanted to book the same week as you did, and they were all gone then too. I wondered the same thing. I grabbed the very last one for the week before you since we don't really care where we go, and had just come off the itinerary you're doing. I talked to two different reps at Carnival and they couldn't understand what the deal was either.

BTW, you'll love the new itinerary!

Dansu, I wanted to book the same week as you did, and they were all gone then too. I wondered the same thing. I grabbed the very last one for the week before you since we don't really care where we go, and had just come off the itinerary you're doing. I talked to two different reps at Carnival and they couldn't understand what the deal was either.

BTW, you'll love the new itinerary!

Thanks. We got off the Legend 4 weeks ago...just about this time. She was our 1st cruise, and we enjoyed her so much we couldn't wait to rebook for next year, but her 7 night venue didn't interest us, as we were in Mexico last year, Belize last month, and we were spoiled with the 8 nights. We wanted something new..so we booked the Liberty, but it was too big...too many people and too many ports, which some would say bonus...but we go for the rest and relaxation, and the Spirit Class ship seems to fit the need...not too big and not too small. We like to lay out in the sun, tan and just plain veg. Little too long of ineups, dinner at 8:15...it all works for us. So, as long as whomever has booked up all the suites, doesn't want my balcony as well, we'll be fine, as we are really limited to the weeks we can travel. We can only go when hubby's business is quiet, which seems to fall mid January for a few weeks every year.

We were on with a country music station group. Country music makes me hurl. Except for a number of really bad looking cowboy hats and the required boots and tight jeans, they were hardly noticed. I was so afraid they would be blaring their music and I would not get to hear the steel drums. They were actually a great group.

LOL.. Country music makes me hurl too. That would cause me to change my booking. Too funny.

Thanks. We got off the Legend 4 weeks ago...just about this time. She was our 1st cruise, and we enjoyed her so much we couldn't wait to rebook for next year, but her 7 night venue didn't interest us, as we were in Mexico last year, Belize last month, and we were spoiled with the 8 nights. We wanted something new..so we booked the Liberty, but it was too big...too many people and too many ports, which some would say bonus...but we go for the rest and relaxation, and the Spirit Class ship seems to fit the need...not too big and not too small. We like to lay out in the sun, tan and just plain veg. Little too long of ineups, dinner at 8:15...it all works for us. So, as long as whomever has booked up all the suites, doesn't want my balcony as well, we'll be fine, as we are really limited to the weeks we can travel. We can only go when hubby's business is quiet, which seems to fall mid January for a few weeks every year.

Are you sure we aren't married to the same guy??:eek: It looks like we have to travel the same weeks because we own our own business and those few weeks in January are the only time for us too. We go just to veg, and for us, the Liberty was too big and too port-intensive as well. We love the Spirit class for exactly the same reason. Four sea days is heaven to us!:D

Are you sure we aren't married to the same guy??:eek: It looks like we have to travel the same weeks because we own our own business and those few weeks in January are the only time for us too. We go just to veg, and for us, the Liberty was too big and too port-intensive as well. We love the Spirit class for exactly the same reason. Four sea days is heaven to us!:D

could be...mine is working out of town today...is yours at home with you? LOL

Archived