ST. Thomas or St. John Beach?

wendell62

There are beautiful beaches both on St. Thomas and St. John. IMHO the most beautiful beaches that I have ever seen are on St. John. Some of them are also very secluded, you cannot reach them by driving. You have to either hike to them or use a water taxi.

It all depends on what specifically you are looking for (amentities, seclusion, etc.). If you Google St. John beaches and St. Thomas beaches, you will find a lot of information to help you make a decision. Also, the Port forums on these boards are very helpful.

Wherever you decide to go, I hope that you have a wonderful time!

Happy cruising!

There are so many beautiful beaches! As the other poster mentioned, try posting your question on the St Thomas Board. Also, how long will you be in port? You'll need a decent amount of time to go over to St. John on your own. Or are you thinking of taking a shore excursion through your ship? If you're on your own, you'll find that many of the taxi drivers (right where your ship docks) will want to take you to Magen's Bay. This is a very nice beach (with amenities) but can be crowded if a lot of ships are in port. Also, have you signed up for your Roll Call? You might find others who would like to share taxi's to the ferry for St John.

Any choice here will be a winner- it's a beautiful island.

Hi,

I have been to both and I loved trunk bay, St John. Beautiful beach.

Snorkeling with an underwater trail. showers, restrooms, small store.

Just very relaxing and everything you picture an island beach to be.

This excurision we booked through the ship. So no worries about time.

Went over on a ferry, then a van to the beach with several photo opt's along the way. You just can't take a bad picture in St John's.

Hoped I helped

Grace

Truck Bay is one of the best beaches. (Baby Beach in Aruba, and some of the

beaches in St Lucia are equall). Also, by taking the free hiking trail in St Johns (behind the National Parks building) you can reach some very unique beaches. Enjoy.

I am giong to St. Thomas as one of my ports. I am interested in sitting on a beautiful white sandy beach.

Would you recommend staying in St. Thomas or is it worth it to travel to a beach in St. John?

We've been to Trunk Bay on ST. John and it is gorgeous.

We've been to Magen's Bay on St. Thomas and it is gorgeous.

We've been to Coki Beach on ST. Thomas and, while it is not as gorgeous as Trunk or Magen, the snorkeling was GREAT!

On our next visit we are going to try Sapphire on ST. Thomas.

You can't go wrong!

That said, if all you want to do is SIT on a beautiful white sandy beach, then go to Magen's Bay. It is easier to get to and will give you more sitting time.

Ditto if you want to sit on the beach and then maybe do a little shopping.

On our 3rd trip to St. Thomas, we were contemplating going back to ST. John or back to Magen. We had friends with us and since it was a little overcast, we decided Magen. They now have NO interest in going anywhere else ;).

Archived