St Thomas or St John Beach?

wendell62

We are in Sto Thomas for the day as well(8am-4pm) By the time we get off the ship do you recommend going to St John or staying put? I do want to get some shopping in then go to the best beach allowing for relaxation time. Any answers would be much appreciated. This was the same question I had...

We are in Sto Thomas for the day as well(8am-4pm) By the time we get off the ship do you recommend going to St John or staying put? I do want to get some shopping in then go to the best beach allowing for relaxation time. Any answers would be much appreciated. This was the same question I had...

I recommend that you stay on St. Thomas. Round-trip travel time alone to St. John (including getting to a beach) would be about 2 hours. That's a big chunk of your short day, especially as you want to have some shopping time. At most, you'll have 6 hours on the island (maybe a bit more if you get off the ship asap). I doubt you want to spend 1/3 of your time just getting to another island. St. John is beautiful, but there are also some wonderful beaches on St. Thomas.

DH and I only went to beaches on St. John, so I can't give you first-hand recommendations. If you do an advanced search (not simple search) on this forum only for "st thomas beach" as well as the names of specific beaches, you should get a ton of threads because the question of "which are good beaches on St. Thomas" comes up constantly (as you can imagine). Search back only about 1 month to start and go back further if necessary. Most threads will give you detailed information about the specific beach (or more than one), as well as first-hand reviews.

beachchick

Archived