ROLL CALL: GALAXY TA, May 1, 2007

1male

Was a stupid question.......lol!....yeah, we are definitely 2 guys!!!....Kim is short for Kimbrough......if you can't locate our original thread, don't worry.....we'll respond via this thread.....this will be our second TA.....last year we were on the Brilliance of the Seas.....Miami to Barcelona......there were between 20 to 30 brothers on that cruise.....at our table, 8 gay men and one straight woman.....had a blast!......wanted to "upgrade" a bit on our next cruise....reason for Celebrity....and we really like the itinerary....There are 6 of us....our gay buds ( yeah, men!!)..lol....and 2 straight women....we are all very good friends.....we all have sky suites on Deck 12.....just fyi, Mark is 42 and I ( Kim) am 54.........as partners, we will be celebrating our 8th anniversary on this trip!.....Live in Scottsdale, AZ.........we travel internationally on a fairly regular basis....but this is only our 2nd cruise.....just thought we wouldn't have a fit with the typical cruise types....but we were hooked on our 2nd sea day last year!!.......Tell us something about yourself.....Kim & Mark

Actually, it was really a very fair question...i.e.- Kim Bassinger.

I would rather share info with you through email-

silvermannyc@yahoo.com...

Carl

By the way, I would imagine that you don't know about Celebrity Connections Party for Cruise Critic members, so here is the link to sign up-which you must do before the cruise, not during the cruise.

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/cruisecritic/home.do

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone, my name is Henry and I'm a 37 y/o gay guy you'll be joining you on the Galaxy TA 1 May 07. I'll be traveling with my parents (on separate rooms, of course) and celebrating my dad's 67th birthday during the cruise. I'm really looking forward to meeting other gay people on the cruise and sharing life stories and culture. My partner of 9 years is not traveling with me this time because he hates cruises; we also travel internationally on a regular basis. You may reach me at sxcchubb@yahoo.com

Later,

henry

• 2 weeks later...

Also going. George and Charlie from Buffalo, but most of the year we live in the Dominican Republic. We are using the trip as transportation to Italy, staying with family in Tuscany for 3 weeks afterwards.

We have been together 37 years. Ages 74 and 55. We have RS1040. Looking forward to the space!

We used to travel and take cruises more often, but the last few years its just been back and forth from Buffalo to Puerto Plata 4 or 5 times yearly.

Hope to meet all of you

Hi George and Charlie!

Glad to hear you will be joining us on the TA......we are in SS1229......can't believe we will be sailing in just 30 days!......After reading some of the recent reviews on the Galaxy, sounds as if X is trying very hard to update and upgrade the over all condition of the ship.....and the famous clouded windows may be replaced by the time we board!!....we shall see!

Look forward to meeting you.......Kim & Mark

PS: Henry (sxcchubb), if you read this thread, did you receive our email?

Nice to have you on board. I would imagine we will find others, but at least we have a core....

Congratulations on your anniversary......that is quite an accomplishment.

Perhaps we can swap pictures towards embarkation day.

do you have any plans for trips in Villefranche or in Morocco? I have some info not yet finalized about a car and driver to go from Agadir to Taroudannt for 1/2 day. Would you be interested?

Regards, Carloh

Thanks much for the welcomes. As of now, we are not making any excursion decisions. Charlie has health and mobility problems so everything has to be easy!! Sometimes I just do things on my own at the last minute if possible.

We will not be returning to Buffalo from Puerto Plata until April 19, then back down to San Juan April 30. In Buffalo we will be making more decisions. Hopefully our documents are there.

85 and sunny here today after 10 days of rain.

George

Hello everyone, glad to see our numbers growing. I am friends with Kim and Mark, we are sailing with our other friends; in total we are 6. This will be my 3rd crossing and must say I do enjoy those sea days. Nice to have nothing better to do than relax and enjoy the ship before getting ready for those upcoming ports. Especially looking forward to Antigua, Morocco and Rome since those will be my first visits to those places. Only 28 days to go!

David

aka CruiseOne2003

Galaxy 5/2007 (TransAtlantic crossing)

NCL Star 10/2006

NCL Pride of Hawaii 5/2006

Brilliance of the Seas 4/2006 (transatlantic crossing

to Barcelona)

Voyager of the Seas 12/2005

Enchantment of the Seas 9/2005

Pride Of America 7/2005

Crystal Harmony 5/2005

Dawn Princess 5/2005

Oosterdam 4/2005

NCL Spirit 9/2004

Pride of ALoha 6/2004

Sun Princess 5/2004

Monarch of the Seas 17Nov/2003

Summit 26Sep/2003

SS Jeremiah O'Brien 8/2003

Monarch of the Seas 6/2003

Coral Princess 5/2003

Mercury 4/2003

Majesty of the Seas 2/2003

Radiance of the Seas 10/2002

Grandeur of the Seas 9/2002

Radiance of the Seas 10/2001

Viking Serenade 2/2001

NCL Seaward 10/1993

Hello Everyone, through some online research I discocvered that the Galaxy is arriving in AntiguaI during the island's largest party "Sailingweek". The day we arrive is "Lay Day" which is the one day during the week when the sailing crews party and there is no official race. This years party will be at Pigeon Beach in Falmouth Harbour located at the south eastern end of the island next to Shirley Heights; St.Johns is on the North Western part of the island. Here's a link to the sailingweek site and a good map of Antigua. Enjoy.

http://www.sailingweek.com/imc/social.php

http://www.geographia.com/ANTIGUA-BARBUDA/Agmap.htm

David

aka CruiseOne2003

Hello everyone, one less day to go.

If this years crossing is anything like last years, we'll be experiencing anything from Hot to mild with occasional showers. Last year we set off from Miami to Barcelona, the crossing was always in the mid-high 70's a day or two of grey clouds and sudden down pours. Once we reached the Medditerranean the weather was warmer and I don't remember any rain.

From what I have been reading, Puerto Rico and Antigua should be warm with occasional showers. It can get very windy on the ship so windbreakers are necessary and layeres for the sudden change in weather. I am hoping since we are leaving further south on our crossing that we'll experience warmer weather in the Atlantic than last year.

Hi Folks -

Count in four more! We -Paul and Pat- are on our third cruise. First time crossing the Atlantic. We'll be joined by another couple, Paul's co-worker and his husband. Looking forward to having a relaxing and fun time. Only three more weeks!

Hey Paul & Pat!

We are Kim & Mark from Scottsdale.......traveling with David and Vince who have also responded on this thread!

We have shared our stateroom #.......if you feel comfortable, let us know yours so once on board, at least, we can contact each other......

Should be a great cruise.......nothing better than 6 sea days in a row!!.....total relaxation!!

Look forward to meeting everyone........3 weeks from today!!

Our best, Kim & Mark

Thanks for the warm welcome Kim & Mark!

We shouldn't be too hard to spot - we're emerging from a long, wet Vancouver winter and therefore our skin will be somewhat like the pallor of death! Tim and Ron, on the otherhand, have been to the tropics more recently and have a nice healthy glow! We're all in our 40s and have that typical Canadian politeness - well, maybe not Pat!

Greetings everyone, count on 4 more sailors... David and Louis from Boston traveling with our friends, Franco and Ed from San Francisco. Glad we found this thread...reassuring to know that we're well represented. Looking forward to good company and a great cruise!

Greetings everyone, count on 4 more sailors... David and Louis from Boston traveling with our friends, Franco and Ed from San Francisco. Glad we found this thread...reassuring to know that we're well represented. Looking forward to good company and a great cruise!

Welcome guys, I'm also from San Francisco, good to see two more from "The City"!

Archived