Renting formal wear ?

twist47

We've not done it, yet, but probably will in the future. My guess would be that the quality is probably about the same as rental tux shops on land.

You might get a better response going to the cruise line board of which you are cruising.

Yes, we've used cruiselineformal.com a few times (will be using them again in August) and have been very pleased. It's very convenient--no hassles. :) It certainly beats packing DH's suit, shoes, etc. Plus, he looks so good in a tux! Yum!

Do you have specific questions?

Cheers!

Jayne

:)

I rented a tux and shoes on our European cruise. I wanted to save weight and cut down on the size of the luggage. It worked out well.

I got a measurement from my tailor and sent it to the formalware company along with my shoe size. The tux and shoes were in the closet when we arrived at our cabin. The tux was not the newest but it was in fairly good condition. Included in the tux were cufflinks and button studs --- there were literally a handful of these in the bottom of the tux garment bag. The fit of the shoes was a little larger than normal but my preference is that they be larger rather than smaller. The cabin steward collected the tux and shoes the day after the last formal night.

All in all, a pleasant experience.

Archived