Balconey room at the back of the ship?

wendell62

Fumes will not be a problem.

Aft motion depends on the ship. Some ships, like Celebrity Century, are prone to vibrations at the stern. We had an aft balcony on the NCL Star and never felt any more movement than on other cruises.

We haven't been on the Liberty. But, I would believe an aft balcony would be a great choice.

Charlie

Be careful of those aft balcony cabins. If you suffer from motion sickness at all, try not to watch the wake of the ship. Shift your eyes to the horizon.

I don't usually suffer from motion sickness, but on the Constellation the dining room is at the back, and a couple of nights I sat their watching the wake in the moonlight and started getting a little queasy. I took a bonine, but it didn't help. So now I know not to watch the wake of the ship, as it seems to intensify the motion, and I will steer clear of the aft cabins.

We were on a RCCL ship with an aft balcony. It was literally 75% the size of the cabin...HUGE.

BUT, we were above the dance-music (not the disco), so it was tough to sleep for a few nights.

Worth it for the killer balcony, though. But a far walk to much of the ship...good for the calorie burning.:D

Interesting comment from a gabby mama.What I have read it's supposed to be romantic to watch the wake of a ship .I know my walks arround the ship, I always stop a few minutes ,along with others ,to admire the wake. There is also a premium price for fore & aft cabins and they also sell first & past passengers always say they are the best especialy those on the lower decks as they can hold a party on the balcony while those at the top are quite a lot smaller. I have read where fumes have been noticed on some ships.On our trip in April we first booked a fore cabin ,then when reading about a cold breeze & more motion we changed to an aft . So instead of being a back seat driver & steering the ship I'm going to watch the world go by from the Stern for a couple of weeks

Archived