Help with Gift Certificates PLEASE!!!

shann

Hello!:) I will be traveling on my first cruise with my family on April 9th. VERY EXCITED!!! I bought, and received, gift certificates for my childrens Easter baskets. I read somewhere that you have to mail them back to Carnival 2 weeks prior to departure. Is that true???:confused: Won't be too much of a gift if it is! Thanks for the info.

My in-laws recieved Carnival Fun Ship Dollars and were able to take them directly to the pursers desk and have them applied as onboard credit. You should be able to do the same.

Happy sailing and welcome to Cruise Critic!:)

Thanks a WHOLE bunch!!!:)

We had the fun ship dollars as well. We had also bought them for another couple travelling with us as an xmas present. We took them to the pursers desk and had them credited to both cabins. There was no problem at all. We too were confused by the mail in instructions and called carnival who informed us to take them with us.

i had them for the first time last cruise (they were a christmas gift). threads on here told me to not worry about the "mailing back" directive, and to take them w/ me instead. did that and had absolutely no problem having them applied to my S&S account at the purser's desk. they took the funship dollars, applied the credit, and gave me a receipt. hold onto that receipt until you see the final bill w/ the credit (mine was there, no problem BTW).

p.s. i cld not use these directly in the gift shop. i had to have them applied to the S&S account.

Does anyone know if the certificates can be applied when you're getting your S&S acct set-up?:eek:

I always use cash to set-up S&S acct and if neccessary (most of time) if they request more I use my C/C!

Also, does anyone know if the G/C's are used up first on the acct then cash or C/C. I hate for them to say i didn't use up the the G/C and try to issue me some kind of "credit" for the unused G/C.

Cheers

Archived