summitt-Alaska

beckmeister

We are taking the northbound cruise on board the Summitt in May. This is our first cruise and we will be celebrating our 30th anniversary. Does anyone know about SS6122 on the Penthouse Deck? We are so excited but nervous at the same time. I have read all the posts I can and have found nothing about this room. Never had butler service before, what can we expect?

Thanks so much for any info you can give.

Beckmeister

Are you by any chance going to be on the 5-12-07, 13 day sailing? We are booked in SS6130 and I have been trying to get information as well. I was told by the travel agent that this particular location is where all the Penthouse and Royal Suites are. The logic is that these are the most expensive cabins in the ship and they would never put those in a bad location. I think you will both have a superb time. I have taken many cruises and the last time I had butler service was on the Oceania Insignia. Loved it!

Let me know if you hear anything and Happy Anniversary! :o Brigitte

Brigitte,

No we are taking the May 25th cruise. Would have loved to meet up with you. I think your travel agent is probably right about the cabin, has to be fabulous. Thanks for the well wishes for our anniversary. Will let you know if I find anymore info.

John,

Wow, thanks for the pics. I know I am going to love this cabin. I feel much better seeing what is in store for us. Can't wait.

Becky

Hi Becky,

We will also be on the May 25 sailing on the Summit. We are taking the 6 night land package to Fairbanks this time. You don't have to be nervous, you will love the ship and your room. This is our third cruise to Alaska on the Summit. Our prior cruises were 14 nights San Diego to Alaska. We only have experience with Concierge Class and we were extremely pleased. The food and service is excellent. We also have been on Celebrity's sister ship Mille in the Med. in 2001. You will enjoy Alaska...it is spectacular! We'll probably see you at the Anniversary party, we are celebrating our 46th.

Patty (SoCalGal)

Hi there beckmeister:

First time cruiser here also. My husband and I will be celebrating our 25th on Summit northbound 5/25 and we booked a CC cabin on the Sky deck.

Unfortunately, I have everything planned already - excursions, flights, hotels, etc. so I have nothing to do but wait and wait. Am so excited I can hardly stand it! All my family members have cruised so I'm the last hold out and they tell me this won't be the last time I cruise.

Hope to meet you on board and btw, Congratulations on your 30th.

Hi Patty and OLM,

Thanks for the replies. We are so excited and can't wait to meet everyone. We are coming from sunny and hot Florida. Will be staying in Vancouver the night before and then on to happy sailings! Yea! for all of us.

Patty, What's the anniversary party? Didn't know about that. Do I let the cruise line know that it is our anniversary?

Hope to talk to you soon. Happy anniversary to all of you too!!!

Becky

Hi Becky,

Be sure to tell your TA (or when you fill out your cruise documents online) that you are celebrating your anniversary. Ours is May 6th but we still consider this cruise our celebration for our anniversary. You will receive an invitation for the party after you board. My parents went with us in 2005, they were celebrating their (Oct.) 64th wedding anniversary and ours was our 44th. It's just a small party with an emcee and dancing, plus cake & you'll have pictures taken. I'm sure you'll love cruising to Alaska as much as we do!

Patty

Hi John: Thank you for sharing the photos. Well done.

Is the SKy suite as small as it looks? I thought it would be similar to the mini suites on the Princess Fleets. Do you feel a sky suite is worth it?

Brigitte

Brigitte,

Here is a link to Celebrity site that gives the specs and a layout drawing of a Sky_Suite on M-class ships.

I personally, have never sailed in a Sky Suite. For my needs a balcony or CC balcony is just fine. Sailed in Oceanview on three cruises. 1B (now CC) and 2B balconies on two. My last three cruises were in CC class which are 19 sq feet larger inside than Deluxe Balcony cabins.

My Hawaii cruise last October was in an AFT balcony. These have 10' X 20' balconies for the same price as regular CC cabins. This, for me, is the best cabin to book if the price is right. My next two booked cruises I booked while onboard the Hawaii cruise last October and was fortunate to book another AFT cabin (7208) on Summit and another special CC cabin with a huge balcony (6135) on Constellation.

Glad to answer any questions you have.

Archived