Upset with email from PVP

flitter306

Boy, now I'm really confused! For the first time, I've booked directly with Carnival, rather than using a TA. I called the 888 number and spoke to the gal that answered. At the end, she gave me the direct 800 # and her extension to call her directly. I just checked my confirmation, and no where is her name listed, though I know what it is.

So I guess my questions are, did I get a PVP or CVP? Is she always going to be my "go to" person?

Thanks!

Here is what I know about PVP vs CVP. A CVP is someone in the reservation department taking Calls from the 1-800-CARNIVAL #. A PVP is someone who will inform you of specials via email and will call you when there are specials you may be interested in. I have been working with the same PVP since 2001 and he is always available and aware of what type of cabin I like and when I want to eat dinner etc. In fact many times when I call him to make a reservation he just asks is everyone in the family traveling and knows names and birthdays. I would not trade him for a CVP, TA, Website. If you like I would be more than happy to give you his name and #. Email me at cruiseguy25@msn.com

My PVP is Brett Hare and he always helps me. I made a change with another PVP when he was off and he came back a week later and still helped me with my booking and got me an obc after I paid in full.

I have had very good luck with PVP's and I don't use a TA for Carnival anymore. Of course that is just my experience

I NEVER hear back from my PVP, I email & nothing! I suppose I could pick up the phone, but shouldn't he be able to email? Not emergencies, so I think email should be adequate. When do they get paid? when we book? final payment?

This is my honeymoon & we have both been very disappointed in him. After we made reservation, nothing. I get no emails abut specials you all talk about...nothing!

I will definitely mention on Carnival review as I really don't want to worry about this with everything else I am doing!

"After we made reservation, nothing."

Perhaps once you have a cruise booked, he/she is out looking for new customers? What's the chance you'll book another cruise before you take the one you already booked?

Kind of like a car salesman, he's your best buddy until you buy the car, then on to some other sap. I'd do the same, start mining for a new customer.

I have used them all. Called the 800 number and spoke with whoever answers the phone, used a PVP and now a CVS. I like my "CVS" ( who must remain namless due to the rules) She is great. I got her on someone elses recommendation. She is in Colorado Springs. The PVP i had prior got a promotion and gave me to someone else, whom I did not care for so I went looking.

Can't really see the need for all the seperate departments. The end result is still the same. From what I've heard the PVP call people who have inquired on the internet and such, CVS are at the call center and help people and TA's with bookings. They don't make outgoing sales calls to inquiries like the PVP's do.

Actually in my case, very good that I will book before I cruise this time!

I actually emailed him about booking a cruise with the kids as this cruise is our honeymoon cruise. We wanted to book one when the kids are out of school.

I think the idea here is service! I am in a service oriented business & get tons of business from referrals because of service.

So, that being said, why would I go mine for a new client when all I need to do is keep my current clients serviced & happy for future business & possible referrals??

Plus it reflects poorly on Carnival.

"After we made reservation, nothing."

Perhaps once you have a cruise booked, he/she is out looking for new customers? What's the chance you'll book another cruise before you take the one you already booked?

Kind of like a car salesman, he's your best buddy until you buy the car, then on to some other sap. I'd do the same, start mining for a new customer.

Exactly. That's why I always deal with the online reps. I don't need to build a friendship with the guy or gal that books my cruise. I do my own research and know what discounts I do or don't qualify for. I know what I want and when I'm ready to book, I'm ready to book. When I have a question, I want it answered. 6 out of 7 cruises I have booked by calling the 888 #. If I have a question or issue, I call and ask whoever answers. My time's to valuable waiting for e-mails or playing phone tag.

Archived