Upgrade Fairy strikes, Good or Bad?, Location & Rough Seas ?'s

indie

well, i found my Inside Guarantee room assignment for my first ever cruise on the Inspiration.

And we got a 5A porthole room it appears on the Upper deck...room U4.

Is there a good chance of this assignment changing before we sail, and if it changes is there a chance to being downgraded back to an inside room?

Second, my wife is worried about motion sickness. I have never had a problem with it, and i dont think I will. But my wife has experienced it when riding in a car in the mountains. however we went out on a pontoon ride on a lake, and picked up some speed and she had no problems.

I understand that this room is waay up front, and that movement is more noticeable up front. Anyone have any experience with similar rooms?

Also, are the seas calm or rough at the end of april in the Western Carribean?

I am very happy about the upgrade, but i am not so sure if my wife will be or not. lol

HI lets see

1) You could get downgraded but the chance is probably pretty slim. It could happen but probably wont. You could go back inside or up etc

2) I dont get seasick or car sick, but i do get woozy in the mountains as well. IF you dont want to risk it she can take taking natural motion sickness helpers before you leave like ginger capsules. She must keep taking them all thru the cruise if she is concerned about getting sick. She can also do the wait and see approach, however once you feel sick it is too late to take anything to help.

3) I have been on the way aft(2 cabins from the end) you will most likely be woken up by the anchor chain. It is very loud/vibration can be felt. Since I dont get sea sick the motion didnt bother me. You could feel it but it wasnt bad(to me)

4) We had smooth sailing at that time and place, but you can never tell :)

have fun dont worry about the small stuff you cant control!

I have not heard of anyone getting downgraded after getting an assigned cabin so you most likely will get that Cabin.

If your wife can get motion sickness then she might want to get the patch or take those motion sickness pills.

Hopefully someone can tell you the name of those pills as I have never taken them.

She can take Bonine or Dramamine...or take ginger pills like Illinoisgal mentioned. Just take them at night before bed. Then, if they make her drowsy it won't matter. (The Boninie & Dramamine......not the ginger pills. Those shouldn't make you drowsy)

We cruised the western Caribbean in January and had pretty rough seas. We were told that was uncommon for that time of year. There's really no way to tell how the seas will be.......unless you're sailing in a storm. Then you can pretty much guess they'll be rough. ;)

One other thing you can do, since she's prone to motion sickness, is to get ginger candy. It's about $2.50 for a bag of it and there's quite a bit in it. If she starts feeling sick at all, she can eat a small piece of ginger candy and as soon as it hits her stomach she'll feel better. At least that's how it worked for me. I was starting to just feel uneasy, ate a small piece of the candy and literally within minutes I was better. I didn't have any other uneasy feelings the rest of the week. :)

Have a great cruise and good luck!

Where can I get Ginger Candy? I'm taking my boyfriend on his 1st cruise on the Conquest in February 2008 and neither of us get motion sick (and I've been on 7 cruises so I don't think I'm going to), I feel that it's better to be safe than sorry.

Where can I get Ginger Candy? I'm taking my boyfriend on his 1st cruise on the Conquest in February 2008 and neither of us get motion sick (and I've been on 7 cruises so I don't think I'm going to), I feel that it's better to be safe than sorry.

I found ginger candy in the bulk food section at Whole Foods. You can buy as much or as little as you like. They also sell the Ginger tablets.

We were only all the way forward once, on the Empress deck. This may have been unusual, or a product of the fact we were sailing towards Canada, but I heard loud, irregular noises a couple of nights. I assume it was the waves crashing on the bow? If this isn't an ilolated incidence, I would suggest ear plugs.

Enjoy your cruise - here's wishing you smooth seas and sunshine!

:) Remember to take the motion sickness pill BEFORE you think you need them.

Many newbies to sea wait too long and experience the nausea.

Do not focus on the horizon. There is an old adage of finding one's sea legs. If you roll and move along with the ship you will notice that it is easier than fighting the motion. You may walk like a drunk when you hit land but it is your inner ear.

Archived