Castaway Club info for MomX4

Majesty Fan

Thanks Mom for all your great tips. One day I would love to do a cruise that you are on. I wanted to do the Nov cruise but being a nurse we have a no vacation policy for 6 weeks from end of Nov-Jan 6. I was blown away by all the CC stuff. Do you always get the pins at embarkation. In the stateroom we got a tote bag full of goodies. Two mesh bags, cups, pens, flags?Is that the norm? I would have to go on a at least 5 RCI cruises to get all of that. Also A question on your cruise booking. Do you book directly with Disney and closer to time ask for FL resident rates? I normally book with USAA travel I was military and get onboard credit for booking with them. We plan to go back on the Wonder around this time next year just don't have the funds right now. Hubby is from Europe so we are going there inabout 6 weeks. But plan to book in May just wondered what you did.

Lexi

Hi Lexi,

the pins and gifts will change to something different every now and then so repeat guests get different things when they come back. I loved all those goodies too!! I had thought about telling you about them, but thought you should be surrpized!!

By the next time you go, it should be a whole new set of things. They didnt change the gifts for a couple of years, so they finally decided that the repeat guests needed something new each time, so now they change them more often.

I have towels with the ship on it, tote bags, pins, goodie bags like you described and more.

Too bad you cant get time off in November to go when we go. However we try to do a 3 day wonder cruise over Easter weekend when we can.

Husband always gets good friday off and the weekend, so he doesnt loose any vacation days. we are going 4/5/07 which gets back on easter.

I dont know the date yet but on our next cruise we are going to book the Easter 3 day for 08 too. Maybe you could manage that one?? That is over a year away.

we always have booked direct with disney. we often book while on board and get 10% off and a room credit.

Then about a month before we cruise we check for Florida resident rates. They usually are a few hundred more than the 10% and room credit adds up to. so we call DCL and ask for it, they then refund the difference to us, which we just roll over to the next cruise to help pay for it.

They wont advertise the discount and they dont offer it on all cruises, so you have to check it out for yourself. we just called about this Aprils cruise and we saved $450., so it was more than worth loosing the room credit and 10% off from when we booked it.

Once last year we got our 3 day at 1/2 price!!!

I'm not sure but you could call and ask DCL if they offer a military discount?? Some do and some dont. some you have to be active military.

When I think about it, I think someone who cruised with us had a husband in the military and I think she got a discount. But he was active military.

But it couldnt hurt to ask.

compare prices.

I would love to meet you too, so maybe since your thinking of next year at this time, you could stretch it to April and do Easter weekend. As soon as we get back from this April cruise I will be starting a thread for that cruise. I would love to have you join me there!!

mom x4,grandma x4

Kathy

Kathy,

Thanks for the info. Holidays are hard to work around but I may try one time. Since we do not have kids I will work the holidays for those that have kids and travel at off times of the year. I love the Lanyards. Hubby did not want his so I use it at work with my name badge and make everyone jealous. Which ship do you like better?

Lexi

I like the Magic best, but only because it is 7 days of cruising, not 3 or 4.

I do like that the Magic still has alive band in the clubs at night too, When they are good, I love live music.

Our lanyards our usually around the neck of disney characters in my dining room. They are having a pirate party, just like on the ship.

Hope you'll consider next Easters cruise!!

Kathy

Archived