adventures antigua??

krazycruiser

Im looking into booking the eco tour w/antigua adventures. Im traveling w/my dh and two girls 6 and 12. Is this a tour they would enjoy?

Is it worth the $90 a person?

Does it show you alot of Antigua and is there good snorkling?

Does it go to hells brige??

Sorry about all the ?s..i have had bad experiances w/tour companys.

Thanks for your help.:o

Definately well worth the money. It was on the the higlight of my trip. The group was small, aboout 20, instead of the 80 of so that were next to us on a boat at Bird Island. You can snorkeling 3 different times. Hell's Gate is incredible. They say they are the only tour that stops there. I think your girls would have a great time. They pick you up right at the end of the pier. You see alot of the island from the water.

Hope this helps a little.

We enjoy the Eco Tour so much we've done it 4 times - so far, most recently this past January. The snorkeling was great, and we had our usual great time. We base our itinerary selection at least partly on getting back to Antigua to see Eli and his crew. Your girls will have a great time - we've been on the Eco Tour with a number of families with kids, and haven't seen one have a bad time yet!

Jodi

Just came back from doing the Eco Tour last week and I have to say we loved it.

It's pretty much a full day tour, if I remember pickup at 9:50 AM return at 4:15 PM. The day we were there the boat had problems with a slight coolant leak, but the tour went on and we went to Bird's Island, Hell's Gate (Now that is something else to climb in there to the top) then off for some snorkeling to a beautiful reef (we didn't see a lot of fish, but the reef was something else) and then back to the pier.

We enjoyed it fully and would recommend it to anyone who was even considering it.

You have a bit of time to look around before the tour starts (most shops don't open until 9) and we had time to do some shopping before we had to be on board for 5:30 PM.

I do recommend getting a pair of water shoes, you will need them if you want to go onto Hell's Gate and climb it.

We've done both the EcoTour (4 times) and the Xtreme, and enjoy them both. We've done the Xtreme only once, because it wasn't even available the first three times we did the EcoTour. We book through http://www.adventureantigua.com, the web home of the EcoTour and the Xtreme. Antigua Adventures is not the same site, but offers many different options.

We are in Antigua on March 28 and the ecotour is already full. We are on a waiting list so keep your fingers crossed for us...after reading all of the good reviews, we don't want to settle for less. Do any of the other tours go to Hell's Gate...because it sounds awesome!

We are in Antigua on March 28 and the ecotour is already full. We are on a waiting list so keep your fingers crossed for us...after reading all of the good reviews, we don't want to settle for less. Do any of the other tours go to Hell's Gate...because it sounds awesome!

Sorry, but the EcoTour is the only one that goes to Hells Gate. Hope you get onboard!

Jodi

I can't say enough about the Eco-Tour. Francis, Ty, and Tony took very good care of us. These guys grew up exploring the tour area in Boston Whalers. They know and love the area and they share their passion with you. We did go to Bird Island, Hell's Gate, and the reef for snorkeling. The tour lasted from 9:50-4:00 I believe. The lunch was wonderful. We had about 30 people on the boat. We learned plenty about the local ecology. This is not a booze cruise. If you want to be drunk by 11:00 then book one of the cats. If we go back to Antigua, we would book the tour again. I highly recommend the Eco-Tour.

Archived