I'm going to be in Grand Cayman on Thursday

weebo

and the weather report is for rain.:( What do you do there if it rains!!

I'm so bummed. I have been looking forward to snorkeling and enjoying sunny beaches, if it rains it will ruin the whole thing.

I can sit at home in the rain and gloom here in Michigan!

Can anyone give us tips of how to enjoy this if it rains?

Since today is Thursday, it is assumed you are refering to next Thursday. I wouldn't be too bummed out. Forecasting 7-days in advance is a shot in the dark. Additionally, it rarely rains all day at GC. A 60% chance of rain means that there is a 60% chance that any single location on the island will get some rain at some point in the day. Typically that means it will be partly sunny with a few showers. From my experience at GC in three visits there, the showers rarely last longer than 20-minutes, and then the sun comes back out. It's like summer weather in Florida. I wouldn't let it change your plans.

I can't tell you how relieved I am. I know it's silly, but I was so upset to think it was going to be rainy the only time I'll get to go to these places. (It's also been a tough month; father-in-law passed away, camera broke, lost a paycheck, kidney stone surgery, etc)

I was so hoping to go to those beaches they show you in travel brochures and just forget about it all! Yes, we are leaving Saturday, so it's next Thursday we'll be there.

I am happy to think we'll get at least some sunshine.

I agree with jmo. I will also be there on Thursday, 3/8 and have been checking the weather but am not worried about the 60% chance of rain. If we get a shower, I will jump in the 84 degree water and/or have a beer at the bar. The odds of a washout are very low.

If this is a double post, it is because I got an error message the first time.

No, I am on the Celebrity Century with my wife and 2 year old daughter. We are not doing an excursion, heading straight for the beach. Not sure which one, probably Royal Palm or Sea Grapes.

I can't wait !!!

I am coming in on Conquest that thursday too...I have been looking at weather.com and fretting too! I hope you are right and that we see some sun!! Does anyone know wjat it takes for the tours to cancel the string ray trip???

Archived