Onboard the Dawn now!

latitude 22

still cruising along...

need to still pack...

just had pizza in la scala..yum

ordered a pizza margherita but then added mushrooms and olives!

if there's anymore questions I will be checking email until about 8pm tonight.

I think my husband is sending me subliminal messages to hurry home....

in the horizon court this morning there was Pachebel Canon D being piped in (i walked down the aisle to that) along with a couple of the other songs we used while seating people...

I'm listening to Adam teach classes right now, I think you should listen to him for one class and then make your decision on whether his teaching style will work for you. Another way to learn word, excel, photoshop etc...is if you live near a Apple Computers Store and you are mac person..they have complimentary classes. I know in the SFO Bay Area there are a couple of stores.

I'm a little embarassed :o after re-reading the posts to see if i missed anything...I realized the question was WHO is up next not what is up next..oops!

So, I watched the Princess DVD loop last night...and a few things I should've mentioned along the way...

iamnewtocruising and other parents....

On the princess dvd was the jr chef class...anyone taking any child on any cruise needs to ask for this! We need to ask for this...the 2 kids that did this were taken into the kitchen paired up with chefs got chefs hats/aprons and the 4 of them made fruit/candy pizzas....

I would've LOVED this as a kid, I would LOVE LOVE it now! plus you then have your kids on the souvenier video!!!

We have self disembarkaition #1, last time we did this it went very smoothly, but we had people picking us up. I've told my DH to be there between 9am-915am..the drive home is about 40minutes.

I'm going to post now, so I don't lose this....

Love hearing where everyone is travelling so enjoyed you what's up next:D

Do they do that for the kids on all the cruises, guess my son will want to be in the kitchen everyday after the first time:rolleyes: :D Thanks for the great info.

It's rough! and it's not the rock a by baby rough...it's the pothole hitting, then shaking with no rhyme or reason rough!

I have never ever ever been seasick and I've been on seas that for many days were 3 times rougher, when the captain forbids you to go on deck and there's flooding on upper decks..and no port will allow you in...

but i had a 30 second timeframe while I was bent over putting things in my suitcase and thought :eek:

it passed quickly..

but my heart goes out to people who really do get seasick...

I do get return to land sick...

seriously...

after I've been cruising usually on a B2B for an extended period..and then finally go home I'm landsick...you know when you get the spins after drinking and also my balance is really off...

at that time I use the seabands and they work REALLY well!

Does anyone know what that is?

I will post sometime this weekend to let all of you know how disembarkation went..

the new captains circle host said she is very strict on who enter the platinum/elite lounge I know that was a topic on a thread awhile back!

ciao ciao for now...

What you suffer from after you return home is Mal de Debarquement (MDD)

I used to suffer from this also. Up until about our 20th cruise, I was on Bonine for several days after returning home from any extended cruise. It finally stopped and doesn't happen anymore, thankfully.

I have to admit though, I would much rather suffer from it after I get home then while I am onboard a ship having a great time.

Packing the Bonine though (just in case) for our Dawn cruise in April. ;)

seriously...

after I've been cruising usually on a B2B for an extended period..and then finally go home I'm landsick...you know when you get the spins after drinking and also my balance is really off...

I always joke I am getting more cruise for my $$ when I have this happen:D :eek:

It was one of the smoother...

I was worried for a few minutes when they announced at least 15 non-us citizens to report to customs...

We were self help #1.

We were off the ship at 8:50am....

as soon as you exit the terminal taxi's are to the left and personal transportation pick up is to the right.

DH was there at 9:00am and we were home at 9:45am

I will update more later

Welcome home Latitude! Glad to hear you had an uneventful disembarkation! Ours was really easy too! Hope you don't go through too many withdrawls! I must say, having you post live, really help those of us that had just disembarked, feel like we were still there! Thanks for being our connection!

Gald your home safe Lattitue. I watched the Dawn sail into port this morning. It was almost an hour late wasn't it. According to the schedule it was supposed to be in at 6. I thought it was almost 7 when it arrived.

thanks again for the updates. Can't wait to read your review.

Well HELLO jlp...didn't think I would hear from you on this thread..

Our captain is Italian...i recognize the name and voice but can't remember it and he loves to chat...he does all the 12 noon updates. I love a chatty captain, makes me feel like if I really needed info he would be forthcoming. They have had 2 other captains since 12/1. Contracts with Princess are kindof changing a bit as I've been hearing. Before you signed your contract and you were on the assigned ship for the duration. not anymore with any position..you can receive a reassignment at the drop of a hat with no warning.

When we were on the Dawn in October/November we had two Captains. One to PV and one the rest of the way. The second one was a hoot. He said, "If you see me running down the promenade deck in a red dress and blonde wig you'll know it's time to abandon ship."

It's rough! and it's not the rock a by baby rough...it's the pothole hitting, then shaking with no rhyme or reason rough!

I have never ever ever been seasick and I've been on seas that for many days were 3 times rougher, when the captain forbids you to go on deck and there's flooding on upper decks..and no port will allow you in...

but i had a 30 second timeframe while I was bent over putting things in my suitcase and thought :eek:

it passed quickly..

but my heart goes out to people who really do get seasick...

seriously...

I will post sometime this weekend to let all of you know how disembarkation went..

the new captains circle host said she is very strict on who enter the platinum/elite lounge I know that was a topic on a thread awhile back!

ciao ciao for now...

When did you first hit the rough seas? Was it off the Southern CA Coast or closer to San Francisco?

Back to reality....

I had subway for diner....

not quite the Prime Rib and mushroom ravioli's I had the night before!

We hit the rough seas as soon as we passed border..all the way up the coast of california...

I could tell instantly the next morning when we turned into the bay...

ahhh...

MDD hasn't hit...yet....maybe since it was only 11 days!

If anyone wants info regarding the Scandinavia/Russia itinerary I have been posting quite a bit on my roll call 5/22 sailing, since I have done that cruise before...

Also, John Lawrence the phenomenal cruise director has been popping up every once in awhile, to add his expertise!

Not sure if you will check here again - now that you are home. We live in Half Moon Bay & went to see the Dawn yesterday in the City - as we go on our first cruise to Alaska in Sept.

I just found this web site this morning & found your notes not only informative but very funny!!

We are so excited about our trip - that is why we went to the city - to get more info. on the how & what of getting on the Dawn.

Thanks so much!!

Hi

Thanks so much for your great day by day cruise postings.

I can't seem to find out about if the use of laptops in cabins and hooking up to their internet site is avaiable or do you have to go to the actual computer room. Thanks in advance

Aleeta

spacer.gifTHANK YOU NOTE FROM YOUR CAPTAINbar.gif

Dear Latitude 22 (took out my real name)

spacer.gif

It was a pleasure to have you onboard. I hope that our personalized service, unparalleled dining and spectacular entertainment made your trip a memorable one.

spacer.gif

As you've now discovered, cruising with Princess is truly the most relaxing way to travel - once you've unpacked, you're set; everything is taken care of. And when you're ready to plan your next adventure on a cruise, see your travel agent or call 1-800-PRINCESS.

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

As you're sharing stories of your cruise with friends and family, remember to take advantage of our Referral Rewards program. When you refer new passengers to Princess, each of you can save $25 off your cruise fare. Click here to learn more.

spacer.gif

Thank you for sailing with us. I look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon.

spacer.gif

Your Captain,

fortezze_signature.gif

Marco Fortezze

DAWN PRINCESS

Archived