Any positive recent experiences of Costa Concordia food?

graemerigg

I don't usually take negative reviews too seriously since I figure myself/family are probably easier going and more realistic than many. I have however read the Concordia reviews with interest. There are currently 8 reviews at www.cruise.co.uk, 7 of which say things like - food worse tasted anywhere/every meal cold, and more than one says that they were told "everything on board is frozen and put into defrosting fridges three days before serving".

As many of us know, once people are upset about one aspect of the cruise, they do sometimes start getting upset about everything, and I am fully aware that we Brits can have a habit of moaning about things. That said I hope if there is a problem, Costa know about and are dealing with it. It's hard to beleive that 3000 passengers could be going on and off the ship "unhappy" every 7/11 days with these problems going unreported to Costa Crociere and Carnival Corporation.

Wondered if anyone had any POSITIVE stories re Concordia or ideas on how to increase chances of having the best cruise possible onboard. Can I politely request that replys are positive. I've read enough negative comments with 4 weeks to go! All the best G

we're travelling with Concordia from march 14-25th, we're just curious after reading all the negative messages too.

We'll try to remember this topic and let you know how it was.

We'll have our third Costa cruise, but must say, in contradiction with what you read everywhere, that i think the food indeed isn't always excellent, but absolutely not thát bad. There's always a way to get something what's more your taste.....

• 2 weeks later...

We sailed on the Costa Concordia last fall and our group of friends and us really enjoyed the food. The specialty restaurant had great items too – there is a famous Italian chef who put the menus together.

Maybe it was the particular cruise certain others were on – or just preferences, but from the buffets to the regular dining restaurant, we were always pleased with the food. Also, the selections were more “European” than other cruises, which made us feel like we were really “there.”

As for other things to do onboard – wow, where do we begin? First of all, the spa is not to be missed. Even if you don’t have a spa cabin, you can purchase a daily or weekly pass. It’s the most incredible spa we’ve seen on a cruise. There’s also a great chocolate bar – perfect for after dinner and there’s also a really cool driving simulator. Try them all! The pool is great too – there is a huge screen for watching movies, which we did a few times.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know our experience, which was a good one!

Unfortunately, graemerigg, in my sincere opinion all the reviews about the bad food are true!!!!!!

I sailed in Concordia recently (february the 20th)

The Good things first::)

The boat is very modern and clean, almost all the staf are excelent......

Plenty of things to do onboard, impossible to get bored!

Very good Spa........

All day and night until 1:00 am the animation team invites the passengers to participate in funny games!

Very good disco.....

But regretebly, my only complaint in all the cruise is precisely the food!!!!:(:(

I was in a Samsara cabin so I could eat at the Samsara Restaurant, but I also went to the Roma and Paris restaurants and also the boufets in decks 11 and 9!

I am not picky about the food in a restaurant, but after reading that the Concordia Menus were made by a famous Michelin chef I was completely surprised to find that the food (main plate) didnt have any taste (It was so bad that I even requested to the waiter Tabasco to use in my food!!!) , but the soups and the deserts normaly were good!

One explanation for this fact, can be that the food (fish or meat) is frozen and after that looses the taste!

regards

ncorvelo

Hi fc123 & ncorvelo

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your replies. Positives in both your comments. In some ways our expectations have been lowered re:food (so they may now hopefully be exceeded!) and I'm sure we will enjoy our cruise. Will make a point of trying the spa and joining in the 'funny games'.

Thanks again and all the best

Graeme

I'll be on the the Concordia in July, so I've been paying close attenion to various comments. On most cruises I've found food to vary mostly depending on the chef in charge that particular time. On the Mediterranea I found that as long as you chose the more Italian items it was very good. Anything else you might choose could be a bit of a surprise.

Archived