luggage?

Q: How much luggage may I bring onboard?

A: Each guest is allowed to bring up to 200 pounds of personal property onboard the ship. Keep in mind that airlines may charge for excess or oversize luggage. Charges incurred for excess or oversize baggage are the sole responsibility of the passenger. Each airline has a different limit on the amount of luggage they allow. Please contact your respective airline to check their baggage allowance.

Yes, you can carry on as much of the stated limit as you like, as long as it will fit through their x-ray machine, which is about the same size as the ones in airports. Keep in mind, though, that if you board before the rooms are ready, you will be hauling your carry-ons with you wherever you go on the ship.

I don't see any reason to put a luggage tag on your carry-on when getting on the ship - but do put one on at least one of your carry-off items when leaving. It's a great reminder of what departure group you're in when they start calling those colors and numbers.

Yes, you can carry on two pieces if you want to, just remember if you get to the ship early, you will have to keep all your luggage with you until the cabins are ready. We find it easier to just carry on the necessities and check the rest. They will also only allow you to carry on what fits through the X-ray scanner, similar to those you see at airports.

I put luggage tags on everything, even carry ons and my purse. If I were to set a piece down and walk away from it, I feel like it would have a better chance of finding me again if it is identified.

It doesn't really take all that much time for your bags to get to your cabin, most of the time it's delivered before the first dinner seating. We've checked in later rather than earlier the last few cruises and our bags have been brought to our cabin within an hour of checking in. I don't know exactly why, but it may be that they are on the top of the cart, rather than the bottom :confused:

Archived