Once again another packing Question for you girls our there

marcyjane

[b][font=Century Gothic][size=3][color=royalblue]Once again another packing question, I posted this question as well on the cruise fashion board, but thought I would post here just in case more of you might see it here.[/color][/size][/font][/b]

[b][font=Century Gothic][size=3][color=#4169e1]Ok, on our last cruise was myself and DH and he carried the hanging Garment bag and we drove to the port as well.[/color][/size][/font][/b]

[b][font=Century Gothic][size=3][color=#4169e1]This cruise it's just me and (hen's, girl's get away cruise) so I was trying to elimate the hanging garment bag.[/color][/size][/font][/b]

[b][font=Century Gothic][size=3][color=#4169e1]With taking (one large, one small, one carryon + camera bag & purse) I just didn't want to try and manage with a garment bag.[/color][/size][/font][/b]

[b][font=Century Gothic][size=3][color=#4169e1]I do the layer packing with the dry cleaner bags like everyone suggested from the packing light web site .[/color][/size][/font][/b]

[b][font=Century Gothic][size=3][color=#4169e1]I've been reading on the boards where some of you ladies pack you luggage leaving the hangers on them.[/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Century Gothic][size=3][color=#4169e1][/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Century Gothic][size=3][color=#4169e1]Ok, I know your going to think I'm crazy with 50+ days yet away from leaving, but I'm doing a trial run this morning.[/color][/size][/font][/b]

[b][font=Century Gothic][size=3][color=#4169e1]We'll I've just tried that with doing the layer packing leaving them on the wire hangers with the foam from the cleaners and I'm not doing it right or something. The hangers just seem to be in the way and taking up more room. Plus the sleeves seem to not want to fold in right.[/color][/size][/font][/b]

[b][font=Century Gothic][size=3][color=#4169e1]What am I doing wrong. :( :confused: [/color][/size][/font][/b]

[b][font=Century Gothic][size=3][color=#4169e1]Give me your packing secret with leaving the clothes on the hangers.[/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Century Gothic][size=3][color=#4169e1]Or would you just forget it and take the hanging garment bag?[/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Century Gothic][size=3][color=#4169e1]Also I might add this cruise is to Canada so I'm taking a couple short outfits just in case the weather might be warm a day or two, but most everything else is long slacks.[/color][/size][/font][/b]

[b][font=Century Gothic][size=3][color=#4169e1]Thanks in advance for any suggestions:) [/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Century Gothic][size=3][color=#4169e1]Sherry[/color][/size][/font][/b]

I use the dry cleaning bags and lay those items directly on top. You can normally fold them in half and they fit nicely. I leave the hangers right on the items when I do it so it is last in and first out.

I always leave my gown on the hanger just like you do. You many have to fold it in thirds to make it fit, but I've never had wrinkles packing this way. Lay everything out on a bed or table, arrange the sleeves where you want them, pull the dry cleaners bag down and pack the gown top first just below the hanger, then start folding. The hangers fold down over the top of the gown, then you fold the bottom up once or twice depending on the length of the gown and the size of your luggage. Now do I have you totally confused? :eek:

[size=3][color=navy][b]Ok, I think I've got it,;) [/b][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=navy][b]I'm meeting the girls to go shopping in the (our)"big city" we call it, Nashville, Tn. just a little over an hour away, so I'll come back later tonight and check the boards to see if there's anymore suggestions.[/b][/color][/size]

[b][size=3][color=#000080]Thanks gals, you always come thru for me!;) [/color][/size][/b]

[b][size=3][color=#000080]Sherry[/color][/size][/b]

Archived