Suggestions on Caymen Island

coachrains

Any excursion suggestions for Cayman islands? Three teens with us.:o

Dont know how you feel about stingrays, but our teens loved the stingray city and snorkeling tour

The stingray tour- we booked it online before going and got it for cheaper than if we waited till that day. i can't remeber the name jof the tour company but it was a well known one. Check on tripadvisor.com and you should find info. I was a little nervous about the whole thing but it was great- I'd do it again.

I too agree on Stingray City. However you might try it with a twist.....;) We took wave runners out to the sandbar just two weeks ago, it was soooo much fun. Getting there was half of the fun, then you got to swim with the rays for about 30-45 min. Total time on ski's was about 1hr ...:D :D We found this excursion through Island Marketing. There is info about them on the Cayman Island boards or you can google it. It was $70pp to ride double or $95pp to ride single. We took our mask and snorkel with us too so we could watch the rays underwater, what a thrill. We have already started booking our trip for next year with our DD (19 & 17) and we will definitely be doing this excursion again....:p

We did a private tour for the stingrays with Native Way charters. We had 3 teens with us too and we still talk about it as the greatest thing we have ever done. The couple that own it were fantastic. Aside from the stingrays they will also take you snorkeling. If there is time they will take you to a beach if you want.

Sting Ray City a must, make sure you bring underwater cameras about 10 bucks at Walmart. I love my pics , I went with Nativeway they will take a video for you but ask when you book as it will help determine what boat you are on. They have an excersion called Rays, Reef barrier, Rum beach Have fun.

Another vote for Sting Ray City......be sure to do a private tour. If you book with the ship you are with a ton of people (see photo). Our private tour had only 10 people max.

sting.jpg.792ae76db411deda6ea33b166c9a6e37.jpg

We went with Captain Marvins a private tour and LOVED it! Going again in April, very reasonable and we were the first boat out there so we got the rays when they were hungry and super friendly. As we were leaving the ship tours were rolling in and it was chaos. They have a website if you google them along with Cayman Island Tours...enjoy whatever you choose to do.

StingRay City, we've done it lots of times and will again! Took my sister and bil last time. They are both really short people in their 60's and very leery of the water. They were beyond worried but absolutely loved it, still talk about it.

Dan

Thanks Takemeaway1001....you jogged my memory...

We also used Captain Marvins...I would highly recommend them. The independent photographer they bring along that takes in the water pictures does great work, as we purchased a DVD from him. Well worth the extra $$. :D

Archived