Best Deal-2008

Called Carnival yesterday for the sale. Wanted to book the Legend for 2/10/08. Sales only applies to 2007 sailings. I wanted to book a balcony

room-port side mid ship. PVP had me book my specific room at the regular rate of $999.00 each and said that I could call later and get a past guest special along with upgrades as they will be available probably in August. Didn't make sense as I booked our Feb. cruise this year a year ago and got an early booking discount plus 2 free upgrades. I went ahead and booked it but as we have only taken two cruises I wanted to see if anyone has advice for getting good deals when you like to book far in advance. Thanks!

I also book early so I can get my choice of staterooms, and take the price I'm quoted. Just keep checking the price and watch for sales. If the price goes down, you can get an adjustment. You have to call and request it, they don't automatically lower your rate. You get the best of both worlds, cabin selection and pricing, but it does take some detective work.

Archived