Not Allowed Into Canada

brigittetom

I have an Idea - you let Bush in and we won' t let him back. Make sure Cheney is with him.

Where would we keep him? I can only think of two places he may be welcome in Canada. PM Stephen Harper's house and the rural areas of Alberta.

I'm really not trying top make trouble or to minimize the horrors of drunk driving - just to understand. My brother's offenses were multiple & only 3 years ago. Yet he was still allowed to enter Canada. He answered the border person questions fully & honestly. Is this something that is left to thier discretion? If the person is able to pay the "fine" is it then ok? Thanks. Meg

I'm really not trying top make trouble or to minimize the horrors of drunk driving - just to understand. My brother's offenses were multiple & only 3 years ago. Yet he was still allowed to enter Canada. He answered the border person questions fully & honestly. Is this something that is left to thier discretion? If the person is able to pay the "fine" is it then ok? Thanks. Meg

I'm not a lawyer, I'm just reading and gathering information, so please don't take what I say as anything more than someone who's just well informed.

From what I understand from all of this, it's entirely up to the discretion of the border guard unless you have the waiver. The fact that he was honest about it certainly would help.

If you really want to see one of the differences between the US and Canada, one of my favourite examples is the immigration forms that you receive. The form you get from Canada has a space for the first name and last name of each person. The form you get from the US has a space for only one last name. (Since 1984, women in Quebec never legally take their husbands family name.. so how do they fill out the form? It's not on their passports, it's not on their driver's licence and it's not on their Medicare card. And the children might have hyphenated names.)

Where would we keep him? I can only think of two places he may be welcome in Canada. PM Stephen Harper's house and the rural areas of Alberta.

NOT IN ALBERTA:p

HOW ABOUT HE STAYS WHERE HE IS AND LET OUR FRIENDS TO THE SOUTH HAVE THE PLEASURE:D

Archived