Crown Princess, Cabins D704, D706

kitt12

We just came off Crown Princess and were in D715, D709, and D707. All were on the starboard side of the ship. Your cabins will be on port side since they are even numbers.

D707 is a handicapped accessible. It is essentially a mini suite and a half. My parents had this room and it was wonderful for them since they spent more time in the room.

D715 and D709 were standard mini suites. I believe these cabins are longer than the regular balcony staterooms. The bathroom is nice because you get a bathtub instead of the cylindrical shower. There is plenty of counter space and there are three shelves for your toiletries.

The closet space is ample and there are shelves for your folded clothing.

The bed was incredibly comfortable and the linens were high thread count. We each had two pillows. We loved our bed.

There is a semi-circular shelf area that contains the mini-bar and separates the bed from the sitting area. There are two small flat screen TVs in the cabin. One faces the bed and the other faces the couch. The couch is immediately adjacent to the sliding door. There is also a chair and coffee table in the couch area.

They have a lot of furniture on the balcony. They have a table and two chairs for eating on the balcony, there are two lounge chairs, and there is a small table that you can use when you are in the loungers. The balconies on the Dolphin deck are not covered. Everyone in cabins four decks above you can look right down on you. I think this is because the mini-suites are longer rooms than the balcony staterooms.

This was our first sailing on Princess. Previously we had been on RCCL Voyager of the Seas. The mini suite will bring us back to Princess. It is an affordable larger cabin. We spend a decent amount of time in our cabin. My husband in a huge napper and I love reading on the balcony. Since we do spend more time in the cabin, having some extra room really makes it nice. I hope you love your cabins and your Crown Princess Cruise.

One other thing. Since you have cabins next to one another, you have the option of asking your cabin steward to open the door between your balconies so you can access both balconies. We had the balcony doors opened between our three cabins and enjoyed being able to wander back and forth. We set the ground rule that if the curtains were closed, that meant "privacy please."

Scooter if you join a free online service you can get the link to put it up on line. I use webshots.com.

If it is a regular minisuite it will look identical to the ones in my webshots album except for the balcony views.

We were in D503 in July 06. The cabins are identical. The only difference is deck location. I have several Crown Princess albums in my webshots albums.

http://community.webshots.com/user/hill6

What sailing in July 07 are you on? We are on the July 5, 2007 sailing.

I booked D503 for the April 28 cruise fron San Juan. We had that same suite on the Star last November - loved the location. One question. I have read so many posts that mention the inadequate air conditioning on the Crown. How was the temperature in D503?

TDW - We never had a problem with the AC and were quite comfortable all week. Enjoy

Thanks. One other question. On the Star we needed the egg crate mattress topper for the queen configuration. So, we ordered one for the Crown. Did you have one, or was it necessary?

TDW:

The first night on the Crown my husband thought the room was hot. After that there were no problems and I actually turned the temp up a little. We are a typical couple -- he likes the room colder than I do.

Also, we didn't need the egg crate. We both thought the bed in the queen configuration was very, very comfortable. We sailed on Voyager of the Seas in 12/05 and the Crown bed was far more comfortable than the Voyager bed. Also, the Crown bedding is luxurious -- high thread count. You will like it.

Scooter

• 2 weeks later...

Archived