unlimited special drinks of the day? - dawn

nytax

That would be nice if they could come up with a all inclusive price for alcohol,soda, and Resturants, places such as sandals(etc) has done it.

I would be willing to pay a higher fare as long it was fair to the guest and NCL. I'M sure NCL would have a idea what a price line would be for such a ticket cost.

Actually, another cruiser (packercruising) had posted some information on this prior to leaving on the Jewel cruise he was on this past week. They are a group of Green Bay Packer fans and the deal they got through their TA was an option to purchase an unlimited drink card for $250 for a 7 day cruise. Some rules applied of course and they included each person in the room had to purchase and a minimum of 20 people in the group had to purchase. I am sure he will post how that went we he gets a chance to tell us about his cruise.

That would be nice if they could come up with a all inclusive price for alcohol,soda, and Resturants, places such as sandals(etc) has done it.

I would be willing to pay a higher fare as long it was fair to the guest and NCL. I'M sure NCL would have a idea what a price line would be for such a ticket cost.

How could a higher fare in order to include alcoholic beverages ever be fair to the very many people who don't drink? My DH doesn't drink alcohol; he does drink soda and club soda, and is happy to pay for the soda package to keep the fares lower for everyone. He doesn't expect anyone to subsidize his club soda, so I don't want him to have to subsidize other pax alcohol. As well, even if they included alcohol and soda, it's the alcohol which would add significant $$ to the fare, not the inexpensive soda. (And the difference between that and food expense, for example, is that everyone has to eat, but not everyone drinks alcohol or soda. It's like the spa. We don't use it and don't want to pay a higher fare to make it "included" for others.)

In fact, it's one of the reasons we decided against Sandals several years ago. I certainly don't drink enough for the two of us in order to justify the cost.

beachchick

Did cruiselines ever offer drinking plans to their cruisers? A set price for all you can drink? I wonder if they generally don't in order to avoid excessive drinking. I mean it's like paying a set price for a Buffet. You almost feel obligated to stuff yourself silly in order to get your money's worth! Also I just thought of; someone on the plan could get free drinks for everyone else! I guess the cruiselines would have to build the cost into the fare or else they would lose alot of money to friends getting friends free drinks!

HMMM:)

I am not sure that building the price of unlimited drinks in to the price of the cruise would work for many reasons and jackchris you do have a good point about controlling the "sharing" of the drinks. I am hoping packercruising or anyone else who has used this option through their TA lets us know how it works.. BTW, I meant to put a smiley face on my last post packercruising (not a red face).

I am not sure that building the price of unlimited drinks in to the price of the cruise would work for many reasons and jackchris you do have a good point about controlling the "sharing" of the drinks. I am hoping packercruising or anyone else who has used this option through their TA lets us know how it works.. BTW, I meant to put a smiley face on my last post packercruising (not a red face).

I'm guessing that this is why when we hear about a group booking being able to purchase an alcohol card, that everybody in the group is required to purchase it. That way, the cruise line knows that there will be no unauthorized sharing among the group.

How could a higher fare in order to include alcoholic beverages ever be fair to the very many people who don't drink? My DH doesn't drink alcohol; he does drink soda and club soda, and is happy to pay for the soda package to keep the fares lower for everyone. He doesn't expect anyone to subsidize his club soda, so I don't want him to have to subsidize other pax alcohol. As well, even if they included alcohol and soda, it's the alcohol which would add significant $$ to the fare, not the inexpensive soda. (And the difference between that and food expense, for example, is that everyone has to eat, but not everyone drinks alcohol or soda. It's like the spa. We don't use it and don't want to pay a higher fare to make it "included" for others.)

In fact, it's one of the reasons we decided against Sandals several years ago. I certainly don't drink enough for the two of us in order to justify the cost.

beachchick

It would work just like the soda card and if you wanted unlimted drinks for the week you would buy it. I said for it to be fair for ncl and the customer, I don't think everyone should have to pay higher prices so other people can drink. I was saying from what johnql was saying about a "unlimited drink card"

If I remember correctly (and I could be wrong), I think packersruising said that each person in the room had to purchase the unlimited drink card but not each person in the group as long as the minimum of 20 was met. I would imagine some folks might misuse the card and get free drinks for their friends but, I would hope that would be the exception.

It would work just like the soda card and if you wanted unlimted drinks for the week you would buy it. I said for it to be fair for ncl and the customer, I don't think everyone should have to pay higher prices so other people can drink. I was saying from what johnql was saying about a "unlimited drink card"

Okay, now I get what you're saying. I suspect that it's not going to happen precisely for the reasons other have listed: sharing, binging, and so forth. I especially agree about the mindset of "I paid for this, so I'm going to 'get' as much as possible out of it" issue. (After all, binging on soda only means extra bathroom stops, but binging on alcohol is another thing entirely.)

beachchick

Archived