Port or Starboard side for Alaska

Greg in GA

Hello All,

We are booked on the Star for the September 8th cruise out of Seattle and I am curious if anyone has a preference on which side of the ship is best for this itenerary?

We are booked on the starboard side at this time.

Thanks!

Greg

Hello All,

We are booked on the Star for the September 8th cruise out of Seattle and I am curious if anyone has a preference on which side of the ship is best for this itenerary?

We are booked on the starboard side at this time.

Thanks!

Greg

I have the exact same question! In fact we're also sailing the Star the week before you (we have a starboard mini-suite) !

It really doesn't matter.

The Star will be sailing the same itinerary the Sun sailed last summer.

As I recall, the stern faced Skagway, the port side faced Juneau, the starboard side faced Prince Rupert. In Ketchican, either side can face the town, as it depends upon how many ships are docked at the pier. So, it's a toss up.

Besides, in most cases in Alaska, the scenery facing away from dock is prettier.

if you were cruising glacier bay, like i did last year on the star. i would say port, since that see the views coming up and pausing. but the star is going to tracy arms this year. but thing for that glacier views in the special exursion that leaves from juneau. we faced away from town in each port. had great views of the harbors, but the starboard side faced town.

Archived