Stingray City of Multiple Ships are Docked?

Kismets_mom

I've been thinking about doing the Stingray city tour with Captain Marvin or Moby Dick, but I've read from other posts that Freedom of the Seas will be docked the same day as our ship, the Caribbean Princess. My question is if I should still do the Stingray tour when these two ships are docked the same day? I'm wondering if it will be too crowded to enjoy the experience?

Looks like you'll also have Carnival Conquest the same day as well. A day with only three ships in Grand Cayman is not a particularly busy day. Even if FOTS is in... a large ship with nearly the capacity of 2 small ships.

It is not unusual to have 7 ships, and it has gone as high as 11.

We did Stingray City with Moby Dick a couple of weeks ago and there were five ships in Port. It was quite busy when we got there around 10 a.m. and the rays weren't that hungry! But it didn't spoil the fun for us and we still got to interact with these beautiful creatures. There are about fifty of them. According to Mark at Moby Dick they sometime do the reef snorkelling first and then the sting rays after if there are too many boats at the sandbar when they arrive. It was one of the highlights of our cruise. Just a great experience. But with only 3 ships in Port even with FOTS it should be fine.

Thank you for the advice. Can't believe there were 11 ships there at one time--yikes!

My first ever thread posting and I used wrong grammar! I meant to write "Stingray City IF Multiple Ships are Docked?" Duh!

I'm glad I got some responses to this thread. Next time I better double check before I submit to the board.

Archived