***LIVE*** From the Carnival Freedom

blackegg

I was actually really surprised that they charged our credit card for the tours right away.

I'd expected that it would just be a booking confirmation, and that it would be changed when we took the tour. The website did not make it clear, and they did not send us a proper receipt either.

I wonder if they'd really do a refund if we cancelled 3 days before a tour??

Cheers, Anne

Hi Anne You have lots of time to cancel your tour if you decide you don't want it.It's very easy to cancel it on line.You should have no problems.I'm sure you can even do it once you are on board though i would not want to wait that long to do it.

On this ship they tell you to meet in the Victorianna at a specified time. As you walk in you show them your ticket and they hand you a sticker with a number.

Thanks for the heads up Bekah! "Show them your ticket?" When I booked online, I didn't see anything to print up as a confirmation...did I miss something? I'm not clear on what "ticket" I'm to show them?

Thanks for the heads up Bekah! "Show them your ticket?" When I booked online, I didn't see anything to print up as a confirmation...did I miss something? I'm not clear on what "ticket" I'm to show them?

they deliver your tickets to the room the night before - that what they did on the Valor last year.

I was reading over the Capers and noticed they said something about a mini golf course. Can someone tell me anything about this? Is it for adults or may older children use it? Is it a simulator ? THanks

I believe that I saw it on the top deck of the Freedom near the funnel area..it is not a simulator...regular mini golf....I just happened to glance up there and saw a few adults playing...I never did get around to investigating it as I enjoy mini golf...there was never enough time to do everything...maybe someone else can report on the age...

I believe that I saw it on the top deck of the Freedom near the funnel area..it is not a simulator...regular mini golf....I just happened to glance up there and saw a few adults playing...I never did get around to investigating it as I enjoy mini golf...there was never enough time to do everything...maybe someone else can report on the age...

The course is up near the funnel area, but the clubs and balls are down on the lido deck. Ask at the bar and they'll point out where, unless they've moved them to a more convenient checkout point. Moving them was one of the things several of us put on the comment cards.

After hours and hours of reading I FINALLY made it through ALL 21 pages :) this is soo informational and it has really gotten me excited for our trip in July. My Family has cruised twice with RCI and this will be our first experience with Carnival...from what I've hear...it should be wonderful!! Thank you so much to all of the people who wrote up reviews and answered questions *LIVE* from the ship :) AHH I don't know how I'll be able to survive another 3 months and so many days until it is my turn!!!

For those of you who have already sailed on Freedom I have question about the soap and shampoo in the shower dispensers because I am trying to figure out how to pack, and If I can save some space in my suitcase.. Thanks

Theresa

We are seeing here on the news (and internet) about a small cruise ship, The Sea Diamond, hitting some rocks off the coast of Santorini. We were wondering if the Freedom might be in that area today as well. I pasted the headline from the internet below.

ATHENS, Greece (April 5) - A cruise ship carrying nearly 1,200 passengers, most of them Americans, and some 400 crew members was being evacuated off the Greek island of Santorini on Thursday after striking rocks, authorities said

Past Freedom Cruises

On the Valor not only did they have a drink of the day @2.95 but from 5-6 they had a Martini of the day @ 2.95 - read all of the capers Bekah posted - didn't see that. Only saw drink of the day @ 6.95 - Not a very big drinkers - but hey I like a deal or too!!!;)

Thank you so much - wow what an education! I am learning something new each day. Second question = where do we get Turkish Lyria??? My bank was stunned when I asked them. That's Canada for you eh!:o

the lire is so worthless they will take euros in a heart beat( or so i've been told) so not to worry:cool:

Ohsosweet - We were gone for a total of 19 days and I bought a travel shampoo and travel conditioner and never had to use the ships shampoo as the travel ones lasted me for the entire trip. My DH used it though and seemed to think it was ok. The body wash they supply I did use and it's not bad. Has a good smell! So if you use conditioner I'd definitely bring a travel size of that, the rest just depends on how picky you are with shampoo (I'm pretty picky - I don't know why - but that's why I packed some).

JRT1 - unless I'm mistaken the ship should be somewhere between Katakalon and Florence.

For those of you who have already sailed on Freedom I have question about the soap and shampoo in the shower dispensers because I am trying to figure out how to pack, and If I can save some space in my suitcase.. Thanks

Theresa

The shampoo and body wash provided in the shower dispensors was ok, but you'll probably need some conditioner as it leaves your hair really dry and fly away. I liked the scent though and never used any of my own shampoo.

Hi

Thanks for all the reviews and information so far - they've been great!

I've got a couple of questions:

1) How strictly is Carnival enforcing its regulations about bringing alcohol on board, on embarkation day? Is it possible for a couple to bring on board a bottle each of scotch and rye?

2) Has anyone tried the laundromats on board? How much are they? Does that cost include soap?

Thanks for your help!

Bev

I was reading over the Capers and noticed they said something about a mini golf course. Can someone tell me anything about this? Is it for adults or may older children use it? Is it a simulator ? THanks

I looked back at the Capers that I brought back from my cruise and it states that children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult....a refundable deposit will be taken for the safe return of the equipment.

My DH and I had no problem bringing a bottle of rum and honey and a bottle of strawberry liquer onboard, I'd put it in my checked luggage and not in my carry on.

Laundry costs are $2 wash and $2 dry ($4 total per load) and that doesn't include soap or dryer sheets. Those are an extra 1.25 each or you can bring your own and target has a 4 load travel size tide for $1. The brand options onboard are tide and cheer/downy and bounce.

Archived