***LIVE*** From the Carnival Freedom

blackegg

cruisinqueen:

Not sure I've seen a photo of that particular room. This on carnival.com website:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/Static_Templates/Promos/freedom/freedom_media_gallery.aspx

has a tiny, tiny, tiny (did I say tiny?) glimpse. One little photo, but it's better than nothing! Looks nice -- I'm sure your daughter's wedding will be beautiful!

Oh....I forgot to mention....the ten thumbnail photos at the left hand side of the page....the Dynasty Lounge is the fourth pic down from the top, in the second column. Click on it and it will show in the larger image area in the center of the page.

Thank you so much. I was able to expand the picture and the room looks great. Leaving on July 24th. Can't wait! Any MUST MUST MUST see or do's that I need to know about?

Lori

Snoopsmom - thanks for the msn site. I'll check it this weekend and get the 5 day forecast. Looks like Athens is 74 now. Yea!!

Micro ya ya 13 - We could have had fun on the same cruise - my sister (Orlando cruiser) on this site is a Seminole and she is on the April 19, so I think you need to be with us!!!! Have fun and I just know it's going to be soooo fun.....And - we are very proud of our Gators!!!!!!

For the phone question in Italy, you can find little places that offer phone services really cheap. In 2005, we made 5 minute calls to Texas for about $3.00. You go in and make the call and pay afterwards. Sometime they are hard to find but well worth the money.

Linda

Thanks but no...I would like one so when we do Izmir on our own, I'll have one and know where I'm going.....Did Carnival give you a map of Izmir??

Seems a pretty good deal, actually...$3.95 US...

But, your question as to whether or not Carnival gives a map is a good one. I know that some ports they will give you a very basic map -- with really only the main streets where there are shops they encourage you to patronize are located. But that may be all you're interested in. I'll post the question on John Heald's blog and let you know if/when he answers it.

But, your question as to whether or not Carnival gives a map is a good one. I know that some ports they will give you a very basic map -- with really only the main streets where there are shops they encourage you to patronize are located. But that may be all you're interested in. I'll post the question on John Heald's blog and let you know if/when he answers it.

How do you get to the blog?

Thanks,

Linda & Tom

Hey there ... we are sailing on the Freedom in September. I heard recently that the cruiselines are cracking down on alcohol being brought onto the ship. Has anyone experienced this recently ... or on the Freedom? I thought it was kind of cool to pick up a bottle of wine in a port or two to share with fellow passengers before dinner. Sounds like everything is being checked and confiscated. Would be interested to hear if the Med Freedom cruises are following suit with the other cruiselines.

I was wondering if someone could give me an idea of what time the muster and sailaway has been on the cruises so far? We are trying to decide on a meeting place on board, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tania

I have so enjoyed this thread when it was related to the cruisers LIVE on Freedom.

I feel that we have too many people using this thread for general conversation which could be asked elsewhere.

I have so looked forward to hearing from people Live and this is not happening here now.:cool:

I have so looked forward to hearing from people Live and this is not happening here now.:cool:

So have we all, but the reason that is not happening here is because currently there does not appear to be a Freedom cruise posting LIVE from the Freedom.

If someone not currently on the Freedom has an answer for a question, at least when the question and answer are posted, it keeps this thread on the front page.

Hopefully, during the next cruise, there will be someone that wants to take time out of their cruise to post here.....but I sure don't blame anyone for not doing it (I don't actually imagine I'll be spending much, if any, time on-line on our cruise), and I don't see the harm in keeping the thread active until someone does.

Thank you!

Thank you!

Here is John Heald's reply to your query regarding maps of the port towns:

We do provide maps of the ports plus more detailed ones are available as you disembark from the local tourist information centers. Please send my best to everyone on Cruise Critic.

So, looks like you'll be set!

Archived