Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

Rowan555, thanks so much you have been so a huge help in my preparing. I will bring my own dryer and beings I have the children with me I will surely bring the others you mentioned. I can'nt wait:) Do you think they would have a problem if I brought a small desk fan for noise. We can not sleep without it???

Hopefully, we can find each other I look forward to having a blast. Do you think this hurricane will affect our cruise any? I've been watching the weather channel I don't know what the think anymore?

Oh one more question, formal dinner night are you and your husband dining with the children? I'm not sure if it was more of an adult thing or not. Is it really late in the night?

Karhi

Small fans are just fine - lots of people bring them. I can't sleep without my white noise machine, so I know how you feel!

I don't think this hurricane will affect our cruise at all - it will be long gone by Saturday, and neither of our ports should be affected in any way.

We always take the kids with us to dinner, and we will do so for formal night as well. It's at whatever your normal dinner seating time is. Our kids love eating in the dining room. Camp Carnival has dinner for the kids on all nights except the first and last, so that's an option as well. My kids don't care fof dinner with Camp Carnival, so they have dinner with us. They're 6 and 8, by the way - how old are your kids? If they're around the same age, we should plan to meet up sometime and let them play/swim together.

Hi Rowan555,

Thanks for the info. once again. My kids are 2 1/2 (girl) and 10 (boy). I know theres an age difference but they should still have some fun playing for a bit. Here is my e-mail kanslum@yahoo.com. Do you think there will be a lot of children on the boat since school is in session? Is this normally a slow season because of the hurricanes or does it really matter?

Karhi

Hi Rowan555,

Thanks for the info. once again. My kids are 2 1/2 (girl) and 10 (boy). I know theres an age difference but they should still have some fun playing for a bit. Here is my e-mail kanslum@yahoo.com. Do you think there will be a lot of children on the boat since school is in session? Is this normally a slow season because of the hurricanes or does it really matter?

Karhi

There won't be too many kids on board - it's perfect this time of year. My kids have friends from age 2 to age 14, so they'd love to hang out with your children.

What time are you planning on getting to the terminal? We'll be there around 11 and hope to be on the ship eating lunch by noon. If you want to hook up at some point before the muster drill just let me know. We usually play some ping pong after lunch while waiting to get into our room. My son will probably bring his yugioh cards - I'm not sure if your son plays Yugioh - most of the kids around here do, so he's bringing his cards in case someone wants to play.

Hope to meet you on Saturday! If you are in the Lido dining area at lunchtime, look for two blonde haired kids, and they will most likely be mine. I have dark blonde hair - my name is Susan, but most people who run into me from Cruise Critic end up calling me Rowan the whole week anyway ;-)

What time are you planning on getting to the terminal? We'll be there around 11 and hope to be on the ship eating lunch by noon. If you want to hook up at some point before the muster drill just let me know. We usually play some ping pong after lunch while waiting to get into our room. My son will probably bring his yugioh cards - I'm not sure if your son plays Yugioh - most of the kids around here do, so he's bringing his cards in case someone wants to play.

Hope to meet you on Saturday! If you are in the Lido dining area at lunchtime, look for two blonde haired kids, and they will most likely be mine. I have dark blonde hair - my name is Susan, but most people who run into me from Cruise Critic end up calling me Rowan the whole week anyway ;-)

We hope to be on the ship by 11am also can we join you for Lunch

Andy and Susan :)

Hi Susan,

Sounds great. My son is obessed with the Yogighio or however you spell it cards. I will have him bring his as well. I plan on leaving my house around 8:30am and it takes about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. to get there. I also have blonde hair so do my children and my husband is dark hair we will try to find you guys. I say lunch sounds great, 11 or so I'll be looking for ya! The kids are going to have a blast.

Have you started packing yet? I'm going to start tomorrow. I just want to be on the boat!!!!

:)

Hello friends!

Our sailing is getting closer and I am getting more and more excited.

Talent show question: Can my 8 year old daughter and I do a duet for the talent show?

Capers: Anyone have recent caper or a link to view some capers including camp carnival for 3-5 and 6-8

Drinks for kids at dinner? What is available?

Which menus are used for the five day cruise?

I'm sure I'll have more questions but any help would be appreciated.

Gale

The answer to your Talent Show question is : it depends.

Generally, the Talent Show is restricted to 16 years of age and older. Since it is a duet with an adult, I don't know. I would imagine it depends on how many acts they have. They are limited to 6.

However, there is a Camp Carnival Talent Show as well. And I know for a fact that you can do your duet there!

Here are the latest Fantasy Capers that I know of (although I don't know if the younger Camp Carnival are in there)...

http://community.webshots.com/user/runenboard

Free drinks at dinner for kids are water, tea or milk. This is where some information has gotten either "changed" or inconsistant.

It "used to be" that a child under the age of 12 could get free soda at dinner. I know that when my children were young, this was the case. The server offered it, we never asked. However, we were just on the Fantasy and our tablemates asked about this policy for their 10 year old. The drinks server looked at him like he had 6 eyes or something.

I can't remember if the free soda under 12 was ever in the "official" info or not. I am thinking it used to be...but I know it is no longer there. So just make sure you check with the Maitre D' before ordering a soda for your child if you expect it to be free.

Of course, if your child has a soda card...they will bring free soda to their table every night!

I love the new menus that have several standard entrees you can get every night. Every night my son gets the Tiger Shrimp. He loves them. And then of course there are the entrees that change from night to night as well. But it is nice to have some good ole stand bys!!

Have a great cruise.

Tell Hennie that DJ said hi!!!

Hi Susan,

Sounds great. My son is obessed with the Yogighio or however you spell it cards. I will have him bring his as well. I plan on leaving my house around 8:30am and it takes about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. to get there. I also have blonde hair so do my children and my husband is dark hair we will try to find you guys. I say lunch sounds great, 11 or so I'll be looking for ya! The kids are going to have a blast.

Have you started packing yet? I'm going to start tomorrow. I just want to be on the boat!!!!

:)

You may see us in the terminal waiting to board - my kids will be the one with their heads buried in their Nintendo DS's while we wait. We get there early b/c as long as they're playing a game, they're content to sit and wait as long as they need to!

Sounds good. I'll be looking, i want to be there earlier the better my kids are so excited i think they will be okay waiting and looking around too. I can not even pay attention at work anymore.

All I can think about is this trip. I hope the weather is good. Both of my boss's have gone on the Valor out of Miami last month so we all have the cruise fever around here:)

They had an awesome time. They are giving me advice as well:) When do find out who your table mates are? Just wondering I was told the try to match you up best they can. Also, will my husband be okay in the dining room with jeans and a polo shirt on casual nights?

Karhi:)

When do find out who your table mates are? Just wondering I was told the try to match you up best they can. Also, will my husband be okay in the dining room with jeans and a polo shirt on casual nights?

Karhi:)

When you check in at the terminal you will receive your sail and sign cards, and that will have your dinner seating time and table number. Of course until you get to that first dinner you won't know WHO you're sitting with, unless you happen to compare sail and sign cards and run into your tablemates before then!

You'll either be seated at a table/booth for 4, or at a larger table with another family with children. They do try to seat you with similar people. On my last cruise it was just me and my kids, and our table was all women travelling alone with their children - how original, huh? Guess they didn't want to seat us with any MEN travelling alone with their kids - that might have gotten someone into trouble ;)

Your husband will be FINE in jeans and polo shirts. Many here will tell you otherwise, but we went on two Fantasy cruises last winter and many, many people were wearing jeans and nice shirts to dinner. My tablemates wore jeans every single night except for formal night. He will not feel out of place at all.

Thanks,

Looks like jeans and polos for DH & DS & dress or skirt for me and DD. I think I will be able to pack it all in okay:) I will try to schedule to arrive for 10:30 or 11:00. Thanks for the heads up.

Have u decided on excursions yet? My son really wants to see the ruins so i'm looking into that in Progreso. I think Cozumel will be a great beach and shopping day.

I was wondering if anyone knew if there is a sauna/steam room on the Fantasy? I have been looking into it on other ships and I was just wondering if they had one. Also, does it cost extra?

Yes there is a sauna and steam room. It does not cost extra. They are on the Sports deck as you walk into the lockrooms to head to the gym.

Hi (djacobson) I think me my wife and two children are going to be on the Fantasy the same time you are Dec 10. They are 37 & 39 and it is there first cruise. My wife and i have been on several cruises and i think meeting new friends and the sunsets are the best. So i think you can make a cruise what ever you want it to be.:) See you url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

event.png

[/url]

Dec 10

Yes there is a sauna and steam room. It does not cost extra. They are on the Sports deck as you walk into the lockrooms to head to the gym.

Just a note...the "guys and gals" have separate saunas....

Sometimes I think the SPA seems a little intimidating because if you don't know what costs and what is included...you can feel uncomfortable.

Just remember that on the Fantasy ships....if you don't need human assistance (massages, manicures, exercise classes led by a trainer) than it is free. The machines and weights in the gym, sauna and showers are all free...you just have to walk through the SPA (men on one side and women on the other ) to get back there.

Hi (djacobson) I think me my wife and two children are going to be on the Fantasy the same time you are Dec 10. They are 37 & 39 and it is there first cruise. My wife and i have been on several cruises and i think meeting new friends and the sunsets are the best. So i think you can make a cruise what ever you want it to be.:) See you url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

event.png

[/url]

Dec 10

Nobuns- I invite you to sign in on the roll call for the 12/10 sailing on the Fantasy.

The FANTASY started a new policy for securing your Sign & Sail Card with CASH. You now must go to Deck 9 (Promenade Deck) in the Photo section where a member of the Purser's desk will accept your CASH deposit, from boarding time until 3:45PM (Boat Drill) after that they can be taken care of at the Purser's Desk. It is recommended that at minimum of $100/per person on the account be deposited. Of course you can place more on the account if you want to. This should be accomplished before useing the card. I not, upon the first purchase, the guest will receive a letter of notice from the shipboard staff indicating that they must immediately make the deposit. I do not know if this change is for all Carnival ships or just the FANTASY. This became effective on the 8 Sep sailing. No changes were made if you are using a credit card.

I am looking forward to seeing the

Newest capers

with the addition

of the Progreso Info

for the port ,

if anyone is willing to share them .

Thank you :)

and if anyone has

any photos

from their Progreso

excursions

or the beach

or

shopping too !

(The Progreso Board

is NOT

great for information , and Photos

the Costa Maya Board was )

The FANTASY started a new policy for securing your Sign & Sail Card with CASH. You now must go to Deck 9 (Promenade Deck) in the Photo section where a member of the Purser's desk will accept your CASH deposit, from boarding time until 3:45PM (Boat Drill) after that they can be taken care of at the Purser's Desk. It is recommended that at minimum of $100/per person on the account be deposited. Of course you can place more on the account if you want to. This should be accomplished before useing the card. I not, upon the first purchase, the guest will receive a letter of notice from the shipboard staff indicating that they must immediately make the deposit. I do not know if this change is for all Carnival ships or just the FANTASY. This became effective on the 8 Sep sailing. No changes were made if you are using a credit card.

Thanks Robert for the heads up on this change.

On the FANTASY the Past Passenger Part is only on the FIVE day cruise, not on the 4 day cruise. It is held the afternoon on the last sea day. Wear what you like, you are at sea, but be covered up. LOL Casual is sugested. It is normally held in the Universe Lounge, the same place the Captain's Cocktail party is held. You will receive an invitation, delivered to your cabin. ONLY past passengers only should attend, not your guests. It is a perk that you have earned by returning to Carnival again. YOU have the "gold" or "platinum" card. :D

Archived