excursions

or the beach

or

shopping too !

(The Progreso Board

is NOT

great for information , and Photos

the Costa Maya Board was )

I have been thinking the exact same thing. The Capers would be most helpful. I am still hearing that Carnival is running on a week by week basis for scheduling replacement ports. Nothing is written in stone that Progreso is our designated port. I was used to everyone on the CM board being so helpful where as on the Progreso/Merida board it seems impossible to get a straight answer.

As for DBXX, I recommend you go to the Roll Call and check if anyone has started a thread; if not, start one.

I have been thinking the exact same thing. The Capers would be most helpful. I am still hearing that Carnival is running on a week by week basis for scheduling replacement ports. Nothing is written in stone that Progreso is our designated port. I was used to everyone on the CM board being so helpful where as on the Progreso/Merida board it seems impossible to get a straight answer.

As for DBXX, I recommend you go to the Roll Call and check if anyone has started a thread; if not, start one.

No you are right. Nothing is written in stone but I'm 98% certain we will be headed to Progreso. I would be shocked...though pleasantly shocked if we headed someplace else. LOL

No you are right. Nothing is written in stone but I'm 98% certain we will be headed to Progreso. I would be shocked...though pleasantly shocked if we headed someplace else. LOL

Since you will be going soon can you please scan your Capers and post them or email them to:

fantasycapers@postcruisedisorder.com

We all would be most grateful.

Since you will be going soon can you please scan your Capers and post them or email them to:

fantasycapers@postcruisedisorder.com

We all would be most grateful.

Well I would be happy to BUT I won't be back until the 27th and I don't know how fast I'd be able to get them up... I could try to mail them to you from NOLA when we transition to the second leg, maybe. But that would be an ordeal. Maybe someone else on that sailing could scan them. Dave seems pretty handy about that kind of thing. He should be back soon. If he would be willing to do that then it would be way more effective!

Well I would be happy to BUT I won't be back until the 27th and I don't know how fast I'd be able to get them up... I could try to mail them to you from NOLA when we transition to the second leg, maybe. But that would be an ordeal. Maybe someone else on that sailing could scan them. Dave seems pretty handy about that kind of thing. He should be back soon. If he would be willing to do that then it would be way more effective!

I can scan and email it to them when we return.

I also learned an interesting thing from my cabin steward on the Conquest. They are required to have the Platinum card holders cabins ready by 10:30am. If the former occupants are still in the cabin after 9am, they are to get their floor supervisor. The floor supervisor will suggest areas in the ship for them to wait in. On this cruise there were only 18 of us onboard. I dont know if this also holds true for the Fantasy but will find out when I get onboard.

Dave

I also learned an interesting thing from my cabin steward on the Conquest. They are required to have the Platinum card holders cabins ready by 10:30am. If the former occupants are still in the cabin after 9am, they are to get their floor supervisor. The floor supervisor will suggest areas in the ship for them to wait in. On this cruise there were only 18 of us onboard. I dont know if this also holds true for the Fantasy but will find out when I get onboard.

Dave

Would you be willing to post them for everyone ...?

Just wondering ...

Dave

Thanks Dave, we leave on the evening of the 28th for an overnight in Memphis and Beal Street. Will then head on down to NOLA for 2 days of in town before the cruise. Any help would be nice as the Progreso/Merida threads have not been of much help.

Walter

Hey Dave, I have a favor to ask of you when you are on the Fantasy (next time ;-) We have both inside and outside cabins from U139-U151 booked. Can you take a walk by U151 and check out what is in the white area next door? And I was also just wondering which of these cabin doors are "paired" U141/U145 or U145/U149. I'm sure you know what I am talking about.

I was on the Conquest a few months back and I also prefer the Fantasy class. Can't wait!!

Sandy

Hey Dave, I have a favor to ask of you when you are on the Fantasy (next time ;-) We have both inside and outside cabins from U139-U151 booked. Can you take a walk by U151 and check out what is in the white area next door? And I was also just wondering which of these cabin doors are "paired" U141/U145 or U145/U149. I'm sure you know what I am talking about.

I was on the Conquest a few months back and I also prefer the Fantasy class. Can't wait!!

Sandy

Some of that white space is the exhaust for the ship's engines. Other parts will be machinery and places for the room stewards equipment/laundry etc.

As far as your other question, you want to know which cabin is closet to closet (entry doors closer together) instead of bathroom to bathroom. (entry doors further apart)

Dave

I can email them to you if you want to put them on Webshots. It would use too much bandwidth for me to link it to my server.

Dave

If they have any port information ...

anything different ...

or if you get any cool photos from Progreso .... feel free to email me

Carolinamamasita@yahoo.com

Thank you Dave !:)

Some of that white space is the exhaust for the ship's engines. Other parts will be machinery and places for the room stewards equipment/laundry etc.

As far as your other question, you want to know which cabin is closet to closet (entry doors closer together) instead of bathroom to bathroom. (entry doors further apart)

Dave

You got it! If you give me one pair of closest to closest doors I can figure them all out. Thanks!!!! I'm not in U151 but my sister and brother-in-law are. It's their first cruise and I'm just hoping I didn't get them next to a loud equiprment closet. We already figured out that the laundry room is on the port side.

I just recieved a letter from Carnival announcing that our Sept 20th, 2008 cruise aboard the Fantasy WILL replace Costa Maya with Progreso.

A real shame considering that Costa Maya was the only port I had any REAL plans for.

Has anyone been to Progreso that can recommend an "non strenous" activity for a large group with a wide range of ages? Cheap drinks are a plus!!!!

I just posted a review of our cruise on the Fantasy on this board - we got home this morning. I also posted a list of Progreso shore tours offered by Auto Progreso, the company that owns the buses which take you from the ship to the end of the pier. Their prices are much more reasonable than Carnival's. Hope you enjoy the review!

Yesterday, during debarkation, a passenger told me that she ordered the 'warm chocolate melting cake" and the fruit platter for dessert. Then she took the fruit and dipped it into the chocolate like fondue. When the fruit was gone, then she ate the cake. What an idea! Thought I would share that with you. :)

I know don't complain we're on vacation and we're on a cruise, I know!

I am just wishing I had more time to plan our trip to Progresso, for the ppl of Costa Maya I wish we were still going there. I will admit I wasn't crazy about going to Costa Maya at first, but after all my reseach mostly from my CC buds, I was really excited. We are traveling with 8 ppl who have never been out of the US and they are getting a little nervous about it, so the thought of going somewhere that most haven't even heard about is scary for them. Any ideas for easing their fears?

I have told them about just spending the day on the ship, but they are wanting to hang with us, and we won't stay on the ship.

I know don't complain we're on vacation and we're on a cruise, I know!

I am just wishing I had more time to plan our trip to Progresso, for the ppl of Costa Maya I wish we were still going there. I will admit I wasn't crazy about going to Costa Maya at first, but after all my reseach mostly from my CC buds, I was really excited. We are traveling with 8 ppl who have never been out of the US and they are getting a little nervous about it, so the thought of going somewhere that most haven't even heard about is scary for them. Any ideas for easing their fears?

I have told them about just spending the day on the ship, but they are wanting to hang with us, and we won't stay on the ship.

There is plenty to do around the Progreso area. Merida is one of the safest cities in Mexico. We are taking the Autoprogreso bus tour to Merida for $25pp. Normally I just take the local bus system but since I will be having my Mom with me, she is not up to all the walking I normally do.

Dave

"jetskier" sailed today, saw him at the port. He told me this had already been posted, but I have not seen it, so I will add this.

"Platinum Guest under the age of 18 will receive a $5.00 arcade token to used anytime on their cruise." :o

No much compensation since those OVER 18 get a $20.00 addmision into the Slots tourement or blackjack. :eek:

"jetskier" sailed today, saw him at the port. He told me this had already been posted, but I have not seen it, so I will add this.

"Platinum Guest under the age of 18 will receive a $5.00 arcade token to used anytime on their cruise." :o

No much compensation since those OVER 18 get a $20.00 addmision into the Slots tourement or blackjack. :eek:

I was just telling my husband last night that I didn't think it was right that they didn't have an arcade credit or something comparable for the platinum guests under 18. I was thinking more along the lines of a $10 or $20 credit, but hey, $5 is a start! Of course, considering that the arcade games on the ships are TERRIBLY overpriced, five bucks won't go far. If anything, it will get them hooked on the games and encourage them to spend a lot more. On that note, dh and I will have to use our kids' arcade credits. ;)

I just posted a review of our cruise on the Fantasy on this board - we got home this morning. I also posted a list of Progreso shore tours offered by Auto Progreso, the company that owns the buses which take you from the ship to the end of the pier. Their prices are much more reasonable than Carnival's. Hope you enjoy the review!

rowan555

where was your cabin on the ship? We are on the upper.

Thanks!

bamagirl1

Archived