Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

i just want to know how much extra i need to bring with me. we just went to disney and oh my gosh.:eek:

I guess I can't really help you, because I have no idea what Camp Carnival is like. However, I'm pretty sure they don't charge for things.

Depending on whether you, your husband, or son drink soda, you'll need extra money for drinks (as earlier poster said), and can get a soda-card for around $40 or so. You could alternatively bring on any soda or special drinks you need. We tend to spend the most on our bar bill, but we just charge that to the room and thus the credit card. We only bring cash for off the boat for restaurants.

thanks!!!! are there any hindden expenses for the children? crafts that i would have to pay for.

There is a charge for baby sitting during certain hours in the evening. I think it is around 10 pm - 2 am. I am not aware of any other type of charges for children. There is a FAQ on Carnival's web site you can check also about any particulars.

There is a charge for baby sitting during certain hours in the evening. I think it is around 10 pm - 2 am. I am not aware of any other type of charges for children. There is a FAQ on Carnival's web site you can check also about any particulars.

after hrs babysitting starts at 10pm and is 6 per hr each additional child is 4 per hr. I also extend a tip to the carmp carnival staff at the end of the cruise as my son loves to go to the camp and they are sooo good with him

Hi everyone,

I can't seem to use the search function without getting an error message so I'm sorry if this question has been asked before and I missed the answers.

1. How much does the Drink of the Day cost and where will it be available?

2. How do you actually get to Paradise Beach? Once we tender will there be cabs at the dock and how will we know which are appropriate to hire?

3. Does a group automatically receive VIP boarding or is it just based upon the cabin category which you reserved?

TIA

Hi everyone,

I can't seem to use the search function without getting an error message so I'm sorry if this question has been asked before and I missed the answers.

2. How do you actually get to Paradise Beach? Once we tender will there be cabs at the dock and how will we know which are appropriate to hire?

3. Does a group automatically receive VIP boarding or is it just based upon the cabin category which you reserved?

TIA

I can answer two of the questions:

Drinks of the Day (Goombay Smash, Funship Special, Yellow Bird, etc.) are usually $6.95 (plus 15% grat) and will be located at different bars. They will be the drinks in the special glasses. Refills are $5.95 plus gratuity.

But different bars will have drink specials, such as Margaritas or Martini's in the evenings or a special on Bloody Marys for $3.95, in the morning only, at the Poolside bars. The Carnival Capers will tell you the DOTD and where you can get one.

Just grab a taxi and tell them you want to go to Paradise Beach. The taxi is $6 for 1-4 persons.

Hi everyone,

On the first day the DOD is the Funship Special which contains 4 liquors. It is $6.95 plus grats in the glass you can keep. If you turn the glass in for the next drink, it is only $5.95 plus grats. They are available from any bar on the ship. Now if you like the Funship Special, you can ask for it on any of the other seadays and the bar tender will make it for you.

There will be more than enough taxis. It looks like there is one for every household on Cozumel. There is a big taxi union in Cozumel. All are suppose to charge the same amount for the same distance of travel. But always confirm the price before you get in the taxi. From downtown, it is about $14 one way to Paradise Beach. From the International pier, about $12. From the Puerta Maya pier, about $10. For the return, you will not have any problems getting a taxi.

One way is based on your cabin category, Cat 11 or Cat 12.

Another is if you are a Platinum card holder, your tenth cruise or greater.

Another is if you are in a wedding party, they go on first.

Lastly would be if your PVP coded your reservation to receive VIP check-in.

TIA

Hopefully this helps.

Dave

Just grab a taxi and tell them you want to go to Paradise Beach. The taxi is $6 for 1-4 persons.

Dan,

The taxi has never been that cheap to go to Paradise Beach. From the International pier to downtown would be $6 or for a ride anywhere in the downtown area.

Dave

Dan,

The taxi has never been that cheap to go to Paradise Beach. From the International pier to downtown would be $6 or for a ride anywhere in the downtown area.

Dave

I'm always forgetting this for some reason :o . I have only taken the taxi once to a beach (Mr. Sancho's) and it was $15.

I'm always forgetting this for some reason :o . I have only taken the taxi once to a beach (Mr. Sancho's) and it was $15.

Sorry for calling you Dan, David. I used to work with a guy at Riverbend Nuclear Station in St. Francisville by the name of Dan Jacobson.

Dave

Great thing about Coz is they have a huge board by the taxi stand with prices posted to each beach. Be sure & check those & negotiate any additional people or fees before getting in the cab.

Lots of politics & payoffs going on too. We are friends of Tom at Paradise Beach & always go there on every cruise. Many cab drivers will try to talk you into going to another beach club. :rolleyes: Just be firm & tell them to take you to whatever beach you want.

• 3 weeks later...

I've booked a quad stateroom on the Fantasy for the second time. My

stateroom is U299. Are all quads the same size? It looks smaller than the others. I did a search on it and found someone refer to it as a "broom closet". I am able to change rooms. I had my PVP select this one. We cruised Fantasy last year in aft quad and it was fine, don't remember room number. I'm excited to check out EOF and compare it to last year.

stateroom is U299. Are all quads the same size? It looks smaller than the others. I did a search on it and found someone refer to it as a "broom closet". I am able to change rooms. I had my PVP select this one. We cruised Fantasy last year in aft quad and it was fine, don't remember room number. I'm excited to check out EOF and compare it to last year.

All the quads are the same size - the person who called it a broom closet might have never been on a cruise before, or never cruised with 4 people to a room. We had a quad on the NCL Spirit, and let me tell you, the Fantasy cabins are VERY spacious compared to those! We've done quads on the Fantasy many times and have never had a problem.

Thanks for the info, we have been in quads on DCL, RCL, and on Glory and Conquest. I would rather save the money and cruise more often. I like the bunks on Carnival, the kids can to bed before us if they want and be out of the way. I think the cot would not work as well for someone to go to bed early. My sister booked a triple on the veranda and I think they will have a cot. Our sail dates 11/29 can't wait!!

Thanks for the info, we have been in quads on DCL, RCL, and on Glory and Conquest. I would rather save the money and cruise more often. I like the bunks on Carnival, the kids can to bed before us if they want and be out of the way. I think the cot would not work as well for someone to go to bed early. My sister booked a triple on the veranda and I think they will have a cot. Our sail dates 11/29 can't wait!!

If you had an oceanview quad on the Conquest, the room on the Fantasy will be smaller, as they don't have the additional area with the little sofa. If you were in an interior room on the Conquest, though, you won't notice much, if any, difference in size on the Fantasy.

I was interested in your post because we are booked in M299 - if anyone looks at the layout of the decks - the 299's are in a weird spot numerically and it would seem as if they were added after all the other rooms were numbered. I'd love to hear from someone who has stayed in one.

We stayed in a quad on the Holiday and it was fine. Much to my surprise the quad on the NCL Star included one bunk and one captains bed - the ones that pull out from underneth. So one side of the room had 3 beds and the other side one. Lost storage under the bed but it would be nice if you had a small child that you were afraid would fall out of bunk.

Hey! My friends and I will be cruising to Progresso and Cozumel, but I have a few questions. If anyone can help, please let me know. I have been looking at the shore excursions offered through Carnival. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do on either one of these ports? I have heard that there are numerous things to do once on the island that you dont need to sign up for ahead of time. I've also read on here to visit Paradise Beach... any details on anyplace else? Would it be smart to bring a set of goggles and a snorkel in our suitcase instead of paying high prices?

Does anyone ever bring drinks aboard the ship? How do you get away with it? We plan on purchasing a soda card once onboard. Are you able to get away with brining alcohol or non alcoholic drinking aboard in your luggage?

Thanks ahead for your answers and support.

Hey! My friends and I will be cruising to Progresso and Cozumel, but I have a few questions. If anyone can help, please let me know. I have been looking at the shore excursions offered through Carnival. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do on either one of these ports? I have heard that there are numerous things to do once on the island that you dont need to sign up for ahead of time. I've also read on here to visit Paradise Beach... any details on anyplace else? Would it be smart to bring a set of goggles and a snorkel in our suitcase instead of paying high prices?

Does anyone ever bring drinks aboard the ship? How do you get away with it? We plan on purchasing a soda card once onboard. Are you able to get away with brining alcohol or non alcoholic drinking aboard in your luggage?

Thanks ahead for your answers and support.

Progreso Take a trip to the ruins or to Merida. This is the closest you will get to Chitzen Itza.

Cozumel there are so many things to do. Most snorkel sets rent for $5-10. We are going to Nachi Cocum in Nov. It is an all inclusive at $49 per person and they limit the daily number there to 100 people.

As far as bringing a bottle, it is hit and miss. Sometimes you get it through and sometimes you dont. We have had no problem with taking a 6 pack of soda onboard.

Dave

I'll be sailing on the Fantasy this Monday, and I'm wondering if anyone here has gone through the New Orleans - Mobile transfer process yet? I'd love to know how smoothly everything went, as I've never cruised out of Alabama (I think).

Also, anyone ever notice the mural on the Lido Deck near the elevators that looks like Andy Dick riding a unicorn?

I'll be sailing on the Fantasy this Monday, and I'm wondering if anyone here has gone through the New Orleans - Mobile transfer process yet? I'd love to know how smoothly everything went, as I've never cruised out of Alabama (I think).

Also, anyone ever notice the mural on the Lido Deck near the elevators that looks like Andy Dick riding a unicorn?

The only transfers run to and from the airport...so I would imagine they are going smoothly. They have had a few weeks to practice!! :D

Ignore the precious post....

I meant to say most of the folks are transferring are flying in...so those transfers should go smoothly.

Hey Spudfrog, come join our roll call!! There are a bunch of nice people sailing with you!!:)

I am sure a great time will be had by all.

Don't miss Big Tex's DANCES!!! They are a HOOT!!!

Archived