Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

My wednesday page has a 12 noon arrival in Costa Maya, and Camp Carnival had trick or treating 7pm - 7:45 pm

Adult costume party 8-10 pm 21st century bar

10:30 pm costume parade

Wednesay was 1 Nov not 31 Oct

Was this your cruise?

Yes it would be as we were in Costa Maya Nov 1st and Cozumel on Nov 2nd. We had to do our Halloween Costume fun on Nov 1st so that it would not interfere with the Captain's dinner.

Dave

May I bring several bottles of water in my carry on bag without having them taken away? Also, is there a hairdryer in the room? I've heard yes and no. If yes, is it one of those kind that you have to hold down the button to keep it on? Thank yall for answering questions that, no doubt, have been asked a thousand times before:p

p.s. Are there coffee makers in the room? Do Fantasy cabin safes open with a keypad or magnetic strip card? Thank you all!:)

We packed12 bottles of water with no problem. They did search our bags too. We had 2 small pints of alcohol which they never saw. They called us to deck 3 to search bag in front of us.

Hairdryer - just ask your steward. No coffee pots! And our safe opened with a a 4 # code.

Hope this helps

We packed12 bottles of water with no problem. They did search our bags too. We had 2 small pints of alcohol which they never saw. They called us to deck 3 to search bag in front of us.

Hairdryer - just ask your steward. No coffee pots! And our safe opened with a a 4 # code.

Hope this helps

Are they searching all bags??? All checked and carry-on luggage?

Our carry on bags went through the scanners in the terminal... no big deal i think i had 1 bottle of water and our toiletries... we got 2 of our bags quickly, and the 3rd bag they called us to deck 3 to search...and there were a ton of bags down there. this also happened to the couple we cruised with. they made us open unsealed bottles of water and i saw them opening peoples scope and other mouthwashes. so right now i would say yes they are looking at all bags!!! I know not everyone agrees but our 2 pints were in my dh's shoes (they did not see them) and they saw the cokes and water and said sorry and let us go!

We sailed on the Fantasy on 3/10/07 out of New Orleans. Here are some general observations, both good and bad.

The NO cruises were $200 pp cheaper than Galveston for the same time period. Don't think this is always the case but was worth the extra drive. The covered parking at dock side was $70. Higher than Galveston but no shuttle buses. The line of cars to get into the parking took about 45 min but you pulled in and dropped your bags then parked, rode the elevator down and you were there.

The ship has the same basic layout as many of the Carnival ships.

Costa Maya was OK, get off early and get a cabina by the pool and bar. Then sit back and watch the fun. It was a long walk down the pier but they had a shuttle if needed.

We arrived at the erato terminal around 11:30, dropped our luggage and parked in the deck! very easy - so we were excited and ready to get on ship! We went through security and then checked in... maybe took 5-10 minutes per couple (2 couples). We got our picture taken and were then on the ship by 12:15 or so. This all went very fast and we were pleased!!

We hung out on the lido deck and walked around the ship until 1:20 or so... we went to our rooms a few minutes early. Rey (room steward) had just walked out so our door was open. My dh looked at the room at stopped. I said go in and he said are you sure this is our room. I had the bon voyage birthday stuff done! It was great! He loved it! I took pics... can post later! Well worth the money!!!

The ship was late leaving port but not a big deal to us really! We just walked around and sat outside. It was nice. Now for some details...

Lunch - We ate in Windows on the Sea or Lido grill almost every day. Food was very good. Pizza and deli wonderful. Caesar Salad great!!! Ordered room service cozumel day after we got back on the boat and it was there in like 5 minutes.... awesome service for 3 p.m.

Dinner - Food was excellent as before! Same menu but we loved it! Not like you whip those things up at home every day so it was great! and everyone is right MELTING CAKE :D excellent!!!! Rodolfo headwaiter and Vedasto asst. waiter in celebration 8:30 dining. Little slow at first but then it turned out great. It was rodolfo first day back after his 6 month break so no big deal!

We didn't eat breakfast every day we like to sleep a little late so we had somethings that were good but i don't have much to say in that category!

Costa Maya - My favorite port this trip!!! We came in an hour late but all day in the sun was enough. All those people we just stopping in the little trap and we just walked right out the back, and bought a taxi ticket and went to Cats Meow!!!! They were wonderful to us! Cheap beer buckets 6 for $10.00 (on ship 4 for $17.50 plus tip). I drank strawberry marg. and we had nachos and shrimp cocktail. Water was great. Pulled chairs right into the water. Awwwww..... It was perfect. Then dh's drank beer and we went to get massages. $20 for 45 min. Wonderful!!!! Right next to cat's meow. Talked to Barbara...staff was great! Then we shopped it up, making deals and having fun!!! Only us and 1 other ship in port... it was great!!!!!!

Cozumel - Let me first say, I was not impressed by cozumel the first time we visited. So this time we booked an excursion. Tender was a little rough but didn't take long. Had a better time but not my favorite place to visit. Playa Mia Beach Break Deluxe. Food and drinks were great. We were first ships in port (7 that day all together), we got a chair. But the staff was very unprepared. I wanted to float on a mat in the ocean and just chill out. They would not give out mats...too many people they said... if you have a chair no mat for you. I got upset for a minute but we just went to the pool... not too big of a deal. Also... you can book cheaper by taxi and paying at playa mia if you have 4 people. $49.00 pp plus $15 taxi for 4 people. Through carnival $69.00. By the end of the day we had a good time just too crowded but i kind of expected it after all those ships coming in! We got back on boat around 3 p.m. Enough cozumel for us!!!

The wind blew pretty hard on the ship but it didn't bother us like it did some people. It got bumpy a couple of nights but i just wore my patch with hardly any problems. I think we had our one spring break cruise ever!!! We had a great time, it was just kids, teens and college kids everywhere. The teens and college kids were falling down drunk. Dh and I were in hot tub by adult pool...2 girls spilled their pina coloda's in the hottub. (Signs clearly state no food or drink in jacuzzi)

Overall-- service was great. Big Tex was ok... funny at times. We had a great time! Any questions just ask me.... sorry this is so long..... :rolleyes:

Anyone know where the self-service laundry rooms are located on the Fantasy? I don't plan on using it but want to let those in our group know.

I'm pretty sure there is a self-service laundry on the Fantasy. I was at the information desk last Wednesday and a man in front of me asked for 10.00 in quaters for the laundry. I'm not sure what deck it's on though.

When we were on the Sensation my husband used the self-service laundry for his stinky daily running clothes. We brought our own little bottle of detergent then.

The self service laundry we used last November was on the Upper deck between room U150 and the elevators. If you look on carnival.com at the deck layout you will see a blank space there. They also had an iron and ironing board in the laundry room.

I am so glad I can finally help someone on this board. I have learned so much from it myself.

The self service laundry we used last November was on the Upper deck between room U150 and the elevators. If you look on carnival.com at the deck layout you will see a blank space there. They also had an iron and ironing board in the laundry room.

I am so glad I can finally help someone on this board. I have learned so much from it myself.

Thanks. I had to check the layout because U150 sounded familiar. We've got a line of cabins on the opposite side that goes to U151. I wonder whats in the blank space between U151 and the elevators? Hope it won't be noisy for for sis-in-law who has that cabin.

Will be sailing next Sat. (4/7). I was wondering which night is formal night. Also I am still up in the air if I should bring the tux or dark suit. Any idea what percent is tux vs suits. Thanks a lot.

Bill

Will be sailing next Sat. (4/7). I was wondering which night is formal night. Also I am still up in the air if I should bring the tux or dark suit. Any idea what percent is tux vs suits. Thanks a lot.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Formal night is always the first full sea day, so in your case it would be Sunday. 5% tux, 30% suits, 55% did not dress up, 10% a mix of long sleeve shirts, sweaters, etc.

Dave

Bill

I didn't notice that much what too many other men wore on formal night. My husband wore his dark suit and our two teen sons wore sport coats and ties. But it is a great night to get a nice photograph taken and then you may want to consider the tux. My husband and I had a real nice photo taken that we purchased.

It will also be the Captain's Party which our son's really enjoyed. All the teenage girls really dressed up, even long dresses, maybe they got to use those expensive formals they wore only once. They all looked so pretty. I think our boys would have wore tuxes if they had them.

QUICK QUESTION;

HAS ANYONE GOTTEN THEIR PHOTOS DEVELOPED ON THE SHIP?

i BELIEVE that I read that they develop one time disposable cameras on the Fantasy .

How do the pictures come out using this camera & service?

What was the cost ?

Do they not do digital cameras on the Fantasy ?

Thank you in advance for your help

Carolina

QUICK QUESTION;

HAS ANYONE GOTTEN THEIR PHOTOS DEVELOPED ON THE SHIP?

i BELIEVE that I read that they develop one time disposable cameras on the Fantasy .

How do the pictures come out using this camera & service?

What was the cost ?

Do they not do digital cameras on the Fantasy ?

Thank you in advance for your help

Carolina

I have, the photos came out just like you got them done at Walmart. I believe the price was either $8.95 or $9.95. They did have a digital photo kiosk but I have not used it. I bring my own mini-printer for my digital photos.

Dave

That must work out great for you . Thank you for your response.:)

Ebay is a wonderful place. I was able to get the $120 printer for $45 new in the box and it included a $25 carrying case. It was fun taking a picture of a crew member and then 10 minutes later giving them a photo. A lot of them have photos taken, but never get to see the results. I usually give the photo to them so they can send it home in their next letter.

Dave

Ebay is a wonderful place. I was able to get the $120 printer for $45 new in the box and it included a $25 carrying case. It was fun taking a picture of a crew member and then 10 minutes later giving them a photo. A lot of them have photos taken, but never get to see the results. I usually give the photo to them so they can send it home in their next letter.

Dave

EBAY huh?

I should check that out ...

never thought of getting a printer there LOL

Thanks

I know it varies but.............

About how many photos can one expect from the ink tank on that printer?

Thanks,

Don

Hi Don,

You are right. The specs say 150 photos with 5% ink coverage. Now that will never happen. I was able to get 100 photos on average from one tank. The photos from it are just as clear as from Wal-mart. The only problem I have found with it is that it crops the photo a little. So if doing photos with people, give yourself a little bit of fudge room.

The printer came in great when we had our car wreck in Cozumel. I was able to print out photos as soon as we got back onboard. Much easier to show people the results than trying to explain it. Also when we scuba dive and I take photos, I can print them and share them with our table mates at dinner.

Dave

Archived