Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

Does anyone know if the Cat. 11's have a DVD player or just a VCR in the room? We thought about tossing in a movie or two, or even some music cd's, but we're not sure exactly what's in the Cat. 11's. Thanks!

We leave Monday, May 14

Robomom- I had the chance to visit the Vernadah cabins recently and remembered seeing flat screen TV's with combinaton DVD / VHS players in cabins V1 and V2.

You may want to call Carnival to verify, but at least in those two cabins, I remembered seeing DVD players.

Yep about 23 days........... We are definiately going down the day before. Where is the Acme Oyster house. I have eat a few times at a place on the lakefront called Deanies. They have their own seafood market right next door. REally good, and they now have a place in the quarter. I usually drive with my cruise set at 5-8 over. Already paid my share of those fines in my younger days. I try to be real careful in MS especially. last Ticket I got down there was in small town S of Jackson, Mendenhall, MS. Never paid it, that was bout 20 yrs ago, so maybe Im safe now.

Robomom- I had the chance to visit the Vernadah cabins recently and remembered seeing flat screen TV's with combinaton DVD / VHS players in cabins V1 and V2.

You may want to call Carnival to verify, but at least in those two cabins, I remembered seeing DVD players.

Thanks so much. It just so happens we're booked into V2!

Does the Fantasy ALWAYS tender in Cozumel or are there times when it can dock at one of the downtown piers?

the following link takes you to cruisecal

which shows when & where the ships will be docking:

http://www.cruisecal.info/portal/Fantasy/tabid/267/Default.aspx

It will usually give you a good idea if the ship will dock or tender ...

and will also tell you if other ships are in port with it that day ... if you click on the port link

http://www.cruisecal.info/portal/Cozumel,Mexico/tabid/1123/Default.aspx

hope that helps

Does the Fantasy ALWAYS tender in Cozumel or are there times when it can dock at one of the downtown piers?

We sailed her in December and again in March and she docked at Punta Langosta both times because there were only 2 - 4 ships in port that day.

We just booked her again for August before our oldest son goes back to college and cruise cal says only 2 ships in port that day...so we should be good to dock again!!!

And hi to Lisa, too...

Seems like several Memphis/Shelby Co. cruisers are headin' down to NO! I've booked the 9/27/07 trip for a birthday cruise!

Hope to hear from everyone's travels on the Fantasy....

Paul

Hi all you Fantasy cruisers. I'm another one from the Memphis area. We're booked on the Fantasy 8/25/07. I just got back from New Orleans Sunday. My son got married there.

We sailed her in December and again in March and she docked at Punta Langosta both times because there were only 2 - 4 ships in port that day.

We just booked her again for August before our oldest son goes back to college and cruise cal says only 2 ships in port that day...so we should be good to dock again!!!

Thanks for the feedback folks. I also am sailing on 8-11-2007 and saw that there were only 2 ships in port that day. However, I have no idea how many ships the docks will accomodate or what kind of arrangements are made with the ships. I see on these boards that many times the Fantasy tenders and I was under the impression that it did all the time. I will be very happy if it docks. :)

Hi all you Fantasy cruisers. I'm another one from the Memphis area. We're booked on the Fantasy 8/25/07. I just got back from New Orleans Sunday. My son got married there.

And us from Memphis on the 7-9-07 cruise....

We leave on the Fantasy Saturday, May 19!

Has anyone done the individual (2 person) speedboats in either Costa Maya or Cozumel? Or the horseback riding? Except for the Fury Catamaran in Cozumel, we usually book our own excursions, but our graduating from college children are interested in these 2 excursions in either port.

So I'm thinking speedboats in one, horseback riding in the other. Can anyone give me info on their experiences? Enjoyed it? Prices? Worth it?

Thanks, Kathy

Thanks for the feedback folks. I also am sailing on 8-11-2007 and saw that there were only 2 ships in port that day. However, I have no idea how many ships the docks will accomodate or what kind of arrangements are made with the ships. I see on these boards that many times the Fantasy tenders and I was under the impression that it did all the time. I will be very happy if it docks. :)

The Carnival pier (Puerto Maya) is still closed for docking. That is the pier that had all the shops on it. I am not sure at what stage of completion the rebuilding is at with that. It looked like it was still going very slowly when we were there in December and March.

The International Pier belongs to RCCL. I beleive it holds 2 ships.

The Punta Langousta pier is a "free agent" (meaning no cruise line owns it) . I have seen 3 ships docked there at one time. When we were on the Miracle in October, the Disney ship was docked beside us. In December and March on the Fantasy, there were 2 more ships docked there....so I know it holds at least 3. (although the 3rd ship was a smaller ~almost Holiday size~ from Germany)

All 3 cruises to Cozumel since October have said we were going to tender and all 3 have ended up docking! yea!!

Kathy,

We did the speedboats in Cancun. As long as you dont have neck or back problems, it is a lot of fun. You are seated on a hard fiberglass seat and the little boats bounce and slam in the waves. I enjoyed it, my wife didnt. It was fun going through the mangroves.

Dave

Hi Dave,

We did the same thing in Cancun! We really did enjoy it. I agree that you get slammed really hard if the waves are high. I thought the shallow water snorkeling was some of the best snorkeling we have ever done because we were so close (what, within 5 feet?).

I was just curious about the experience in Costa Maya and Cozumel. I won't be horseback riding, but the kids would (21, 22, 26). I would do the speedboats (Jeffrey driving, not me) if the reviews are good for the excursion in either port. And I haven't heard much about the HB riding except that on some old threads there was concern for the horses in Costa Maya not being cared for in 2005. I haven't seen any new information.

Kathy

I have read several different things about hair dryers in the Cat. 11 cabins on the Fantasy. Some say no hair dryer, some say look behind the mirror in the bathroom, one other post said the one that is in the room is really weak blowing, still another said to ask the room stewart. Can I please find someone with the correct answer? :confused: Please.

3 Week Reminder

A bunch of us CC people will be in Nola June 8-10 if anybody local or in town at the time wants to join us.....you are more than welcome. Just our luck Fantasy won't be doing a Sat sailaway that weekend. :(

I have read several different things about hair dryers in the Cat. 11 cabins on the Fantasy. Some say no hair dryer, some say look behind the mirror in the bathroom, one other post said the one that is in the room is really weak blowing, still another said to ask the room stewart. Can I please find someone with the correct answer? :confused: Please.

Not sure about Cat 11 but if it were me......I would take my own anyway.

Anybody know why there are so few recent reviews on Fantasy? I keep checking to read them...and they're still the same ones I've already read.

Also, I think Memphians definitely know a good thing when they see it. How can you beat a 6-hour drive to go on a cruise?? Beginning & ending on the Mississippi, no less!:D

Anybody know why there are so few recent reviews on Fantasy? I keep checking to read them...and they're still the same ones I've already read.

Also, I think Memphians definitely know a good thing when they see it. How can you beat a 6-hour drive to go on a cruise?? Beginning & ending on the Mississippi, no less!:D

With a less than one hour drive.:D

Archived