Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

Mother of twins: I was on the ship six weeks ago and I remember that Miller Lite was available. They also have Miller Genuine Draft, but Bud and Bud Light are probably the most popular beers purchased.

If Big Tex is your cruise director, you will find that he is an excellent cruise director. He is very friendly and entertaining (he will sing an Elvis classic on Formal night). Please tell him how much is appreciated on CC. The assistants are also good: Jody, Noonan and Carlos.

At the Cat's Meow, I would suggest the coconut shrimp ($13) for six. They are great. Say hello to Barbara the owner and Jorge the waiter. You can get a bucket of six beers for $10 there (Corona, Pacficio, Tecate, Superior, etc). Next door are ladies who will give you a 45 minute massage for $20. Also next to Cat's Meow is another bar with a waiter who calls himself Charlie Brown. Friends I was with enjoyed the Mango Daquiri's ($5).

Have a great time on the Fantasy!

David,

Do you have a brother or relative by the name of Dan Jacobson that works at River Bend Nuclear Station? He works in Rad Protection.

Dave

Dont use the shampoo bottle as you will have shampoo tasting Crown. You can buy a new plastic bottle at Wal-mart. One of the biker bladders also works.

Dave

you beees soooo smart! lol.

no really, thanks,,,,what a nasty drink,,,shampoo / crown...

will hit walmart and look for something...

i'm sure i will come up with more questions as the date gets closer 6/25 for now i have to figure out how to spend some time at home not the baseball park...the twins are playing in the end of the season tournament...very happy for them but they keep winning...tonight won 7-3 ....so back to the ball park friday night for the final game...either win or loose.....we won for the south but this tournament we'll either get 1st or 2nd.....that's our life...sports, sports, and more sports...

i'll be back for sure....THANK YOU AGAIN....

Mother of twins: I was on the ship six weeks ago and I remember that Miller Lite was available. They also have Miller Genuine Draft, but Bud and Bud Light are probably the most popular beers purchased.

If Big Tex is your cruise director, you will find that he is an excellent cruise director. He is very friendly and entertaining (he will sing an Elvis classic on Formal night). Please tell him how much is appreciated on CC. The assistants are also good: Jody, Noonan and Carlos.

At the Cat's Meow, I would suggest the coconut shrimp ($13) for six. They are great. Say hello to Barbara the owner and Jorge the waiter. You can get a bucket of six beers for $10 there (Corona, Pacficio, Tecate, Superior, etc). Next door are ladies who will give you a 45 minute massage for $20. Also next to Cat's Meow is another bar with a waiter who calls himself Charlie Brown. Friends I was with enjoyed the Mango Daquiri's ($5).

you just made our day...MILLER LITE!!!

is cat's meow ok to take the twins (age 12)? just looking for something to do after the excursion. is cats meow on the water front? if not where can we hang out by the beach?

yes, bix tex sounds like a cool guy, i will pass on cc's thoughts of him.

dave, i'm glad you go in, i see you all around the site with great info, that's for getting back with me...the more info i have the better.

this site has been such a big help to a newbie like me.

gotta call it a night...big day again tomorrow,,,,i sure am ready to stop, sit, drink, and nothing..... i told DH that i might spend one day by the pool....ALL DAY doing NOTHING!!!!!!!! sun, water and cold one...i'm ready.

Yes, definately enjoyed those Mango Daquiris ...yummy!!:D

Heard Big Tex is gone now... by the way :(

Glad to see you David !

you just made our day...MILLER LITE!!!

is cat's meow ok to take the twins (age 12)? just looking for something to do after the excursion. is cats meow on the water front? if not where can we hang out by the beach?

yes, bix tex sounds like a cool guy, i will pass on cc's thoughts of him.

dave, i'm glad you go in, i see you all around the site with great info, that's for getting back with me...the more info i have the better.

this site has been such a big help to a newbie like me.

gotta call it a night...big day again tomorrow,,,,i sure am ready to stop, sit, drink, and nothing..... i told DH that i might spend one day by the pool....ALL DAY doing NOTHING!!!!!!!! sun, water and cold one...i'm ready.

It will fine for the twins. Cat's Meow tables are right at the waters edge.

I dont mind helping folks, it helps me pass the time until my next cruise. :)

Just keep in mind that the further south we go, the more intense the UV from the sun. In other words, you will burn quicker.

Dave

It will fine for the twins. Cat's Meow tables are right at the waters edge.

I dont mind helping folks, it helps me pass the time until my next cruise. :)

Just keep in mind that the further south we go, the more intense the UV from the sun. In other words, you will burn quicker.

Dave

sounds like cat's meow it is..

i wish i had time to sit here all day and read! so much!

my aunt and uncle are doing alaska in july,,,she told me they do not have vip, what's up with that?

i did find the sea sick braclets at cvs yesterday, the are $10+, think i am going to pass on those, i do have meclizine, phenergan (rx), i hate to spend that much $$$ and not need them,,,,let's pray for calm seas....i'm not going to watch weather just yet,,,a few years back tx coast got hit by hurricane right before we went in july...what a mess.

check in later and see what's up!

sounds like cat's meow it is..

i wish i had time to sit here all day and read! so much!

my aunt and uncle are doing alaska in july,,,she told me they do not have vip, what's up with that?

i did find the sea sick braclets at cvs yesterday, the are $10+, think i am going to pass on those, i do have meclizine, phenergan (rx), i hate to spend that much $$$ and not need them,,,,let's pray for calm seas....i'm not going to watch weather just yet,,,a few years back tx coast got hit by hurricane right before we went in july...what a mess.

check in later and see what's up!

VIP is only for those who have Cat-11 and Cat-12 suites and Platinum card holders. I use meclizine ($9.95 for 100ct at Wal-mart). I also use ginger root pills (vitamin section at Walmart). It is what pregnant women use for morning sickness. It helps with a upset stomach. I take them in the morning and the meclizine at night. Have not have a problem yet.

You will find that you have some movement going down the river as the ships makes the turns. In the summer time, the seas are not as rough as the winter because of the cold fronts.

Dave

Thanks for the heads up on the shampoo bottle, we will have to be thinking of something else. Hubby was just confused as to why Carnival would have a problem with using liquor purchased on the ship...I assume they make so much more serving them at the bars....back to being a rule breaker.:rolleyes:

just wanted to let you know that i ran in sally beauty supply today to get something,,,,they had silver spray bottles....the med size your hair dresser would use...can't see thru it , can tighten down the spray nozzel so nothing leaks out....i bought one and it's what we are going to try and us....pack with bathroom stuff...you would think it's a water bottle for you hair...

FYI.... let me know what you come up with...

Can anyone tell me if the beds on the Fantasy can be put up against each wall as on the Holiday and the Elation. One of the pictures I saw of a room on the Fantasy had the beds side by side as if just separated a little from being together. When they put the beds each against the walls there is sooo much more walking around space.

Can anyone tell me if the beds on the Fantasy can be put up against each wall as on the Holiday and the Elation. One of the pictures I saw of a room on the Fantasy had the beds side by side as if just separated a little from being together. When they put the beds each against the walls there is sooo much more walking around space.

It should not be a problem. The Elation and Fantasy are the same class ship. Only the decor inside is different. Just ask your room steward.

Dave

So just got my edocs (yeah yeah yeah) and it says we have third seating does anyone know which dining room and what time it is going to be???? just curious to know. only 16 more days to go!!!!!!!!!:D

8pm in the Jubilee dining room on Deck 8 towards the aft of the ship.

5:45/8:00 Jubilee 1st and 3rd seating

6:15/8:30 Celebration 2nd and 4th seating

Dave

So just got my edocs (yeah yeah yeah) and it says we have third seating does anyone know which dining room and what time it is going to be???? just curious to know. only 16 more days to go!!!!!!!!!:D

Ashleyrae- There is a great waiter named Alex, who works in the Jubilee dining room, is a pretty good singer. Hope you get to meet him.

It should not be a problem. The Elation and Fantasy are the same class ship. Only the decor inside is different. Just ask your room steward.

Dave

Thanks! You seem to know your ships. Loved your picture of the Fantasy docked at Costa Maya.

Dave

Thanks! You seem to know your ships. Loved your picture of the Fantasy docked at Costa Maya.

when we travel i always leave all of our trip info with family incase of an emergency...how do i do this with being on a cruise??? can my family call the ship if something bad were to to happen...can they leave a message???

shannon:confused:

Here is the information from your ticket contract.

Friends and family may call guests onboard via Maritime Telecommunications Network (MTN) Shore-to-Ship telephone service. The rate is $9.50 per minute from the United States; additional long distance charges may apply from outside the United States.

The caller needs to have available the ship name and the guest's name. The charges will be applied to the caller's credit card: MasterCard - Visa - American Express - The Discover Card - Diner's Club. 1-877 CCLSHIP (1-877-225-7447) from the U.S. 1-732-335-3284 from Canada and outside the U.S.

You can use your cabin phone to call home:

For our guest's convenience, the ship's telecommunications network offers direct dialing via satellite from the staterooms telephone. This is available 24 hours a day regardless of the ship's location. This service is closed on the final day of the cruise at 4:00AM. The rate is $6.99 per minute for calls to the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico and $9.99 per minute for all International calls. All charges are billed to the guest's on board Sail and Sign Card. Since all communication is via satellite, guests cannot use calling cards, credit cards, dial 800 toll-free numbers nor make a collect calls. Instructions and rates can be found in the cabin's directory.

You can use your cell phone onboard. The fee is still high. It does not work for all carriers. Just watch out for text messaging as you can still get a roaming charge for it.

Dave

Here is the information from your ticket contract.

Friends and family may call guests onboard via Maritime Telecommunications Network (MTN) Shore-to-Ship telephone service. The rate is $9.50 per minute from the United States; additional long distance charges may apply from outside the United States.

The caller needs to have available the ship name and the guest's name. The charges will be applied to the caller's credit card: MasterCard - Visa - American Express - The Discover Card - Diner's Club. 1-877 CCLSHIP (1-877-225-7447) from the U.S. 1-732-335-3284 from Canada and outside the U.S.

You can use your cabin phone to call home:

For our guest's convenience, the ship's telecommunications network offers direct dialing via satellite from the staterooms telephone. This is available 24 hours a day regardless of the ship's location. This service is closed on the final day of the cruise at 4:00AM. The rate is $6.99 per minute for calls to the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico and $9.99 per minute for all International calls. All charges are billed to the guest's on board Sail and Sign Card. Since all communication is via satellite, guests cannot use calling cards, credit cards, dial 800 toll-free numbers nor make a collect calls. Instructions and rates can be found in the cabin's directory.

You can use your cell phone onboard. The fee is still high. It does not work for all carriers. Just watch out for text messaging as you can still get a roaming charge for it.

Dave

dave, you know all the answers...i will copy and paste your info and leave it with family,,,just in case, but that way they will know what the charges are. years and years ago, my step-dad's aunt had a heart attach and died on a cruise....sad...but like the family said "she went down having a good time"

thank you...

dave, you know all the answers...i will copy and paste your info and leave it with family,,,just in case, but that way they will know what the charges are. years and years ago, my step-dad's aunt had a heart attach and died on a cruise....sad...but like the family said "she went down having a good time"

thank you...

Sorry to hear that, but if you are going to go, that would be a way to do it.

Dave

just wanted to let you know that i ran in sally beauty supply today to get something,,,,they had silver spray bottles....the med size your hair dresser would use...can't see thru it , can tighten down the spray nozzel so nothing leaks out....i bought one and it's what we are going to try and us....pack with bathroom stuff...you would think it's a water bottle for you hair...

FYI.... let me know what you come up with...

That sounds like a good idea. I was thinking we needed to put it in something new. I know the cruise lines allow a certain amount of soda, so we have even thought of putting it in a 1 liter soda bottle....

I had planned to look in wal-mart and around for a bottle that would work, and I was a hairstylist, so I love Sally's. Let me know how your's works out, I think you sail before us, our trip is not until August.:D

That sounds like a good idea. I was thinking we needed to put it in something new. I know the cruise lines allow a certain amount of soda, so we have even thought of putting it in a 1 liter soda bottle....

I had planned to look in wal-mart and around for a bottle that would work, and I was a hairstylist, so I love Sally's. Let me know how your's works out, I think you sail before us, our trip is not until August.:D

will try and remember to let you know...yes, we leave 6/25

READY TO GO!!!

Archived