Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

Dave or anyone...HELP!!! I sure hope I'm not sol....but DH went to get our birth cert's out of fire proof box,,,,I have the twins original ones but only have certified copies of ours....they are a copy with a raises seal....not from the state...do i need to go get the state copies?? I did not realize until now DH told me that we have never had oringial ones ....guess i need to check with our parents and see where they could be....we've been married for 16 yrs...i'm in shock..

WHAT DO I NEED TO DO??????????

THANKS..SHANNON

If they are ceritifed and have a raised seal, then they should be fine. You still have enough time to get some extra copies from your state health department anyway. I had the old black and white photo copied looking things that had a raised seal, but I wanted to have some extras just in case, and I ordered some from our state health dept. online and had them in 2 days. It did not cost all that much either......relax, you'll be fine!:D

Dave or anyone...HELP!!! I sure hope I'm not sol....but DH went to get our birth cert's out of fire proof box,,,,I have the twins original ones but only have certified copies of ours....they are a copy with a raises seal....not from the state...do i need to go get the state copies?? I did not realize until now DH told me that we have never had oringial ones ....guess i need to check with our parents and see where they could be....we've been married for 16 yrs...i'm in shock..

WHAT DO I NEED TO DO??????????

THANKS..SHANNON

Hi Shannon,

You should be okay, but it still would not be a bad idea to go ahead and get a certified copy. The reason I say this is that when you send in for your passport you will need to send one with it. There have been a couple people recently where the passports had not been issued yet and they did not have a spare birth certificate to use instead.

If you are in MS, they are pretty quick about sending one out. I had my FIL's in about 3 days.

Dave

Hi Shannon,

You should be okay, but it still would not be a bad idea to go ahead and get a certified copy. The reason I say this is that when you send in for your passport you will need to send one with it. There have been a couple people recently where the passports had not been issued yet and they did not have a spare birth certificate to use instead.

If you are in MS, they are pretty quick about sending one out. I had my FIL's in about 3 days.

Dave

Can you tell me about optional parking for Port of New Orleans besides hotels or the port authority?

Motheroftwins,

Have you used them before for cruising?

If the raised seal is from a Justice of the Peace with ' a true copy' or 'certified copy', I don't think that will work. If it's a raised seal on one of those old black/white slick looking ones that were given in the 50s or so, that may be alright. I'd order ones from the state, or go to the vital statistics office to get them.

When applying for your passport, try the ones you have in the safe deposit box and see if they will accept them. Then you'd still have the state issued ones if you don't get your passport in time.

Why chance a 15night cruise on that they 'might be ok'?

Thankfully, you still have alot of time.

Kathy

Can you tell me about optional parking for Port of New Orleans besides hotels or the port authority?

Hello cruise_crazy68,

While I have not been there yet, I did see a review for a parking garage on these boards so I checked it out; and registered online for our cruise in August. It is $12 a day and they shuttle you to the front of the terminal. Then they pick you up when you return. The garage is 5 minutes, or less, from the cruise terminal. the URL is:

http://www.nocruiseshipparking.com/

Hope that helps!

Tim

Hello cruise_crazy68,

While I have not been there yet, I did see a review for a parking garage on these boards so I checked it out; and registered online for our cruise in August. It is $12 a day and they shuttle you to the front of the terminal. Then they pick you up when you return. The garage is 5 minutes, or less, from the cruise terminal. the URL is:

Hope that helps!

Tim

Thank you Tim!!

Have to update y'all on the day i have had. i did find out that the copies i have will not work....ship leaving MONDAY 6/25....time crunch. we live in one state and having to deal with two other states ALL morning trying to get "state certified copies". after hours of calling and crying it has been taken care of. i will say this,,,,in todays society it sure is hard to find a human on the phone that is willing to be nice, informative, and helpful. but i did manage with both states to find that nice person today....only after hour and hours of calling. so long story short,,,,expecting two ups overnight packages to arrive at my home tomorrow....

WHAT A DAY!!!!!!! when we get back from this trip I am going to start the process of getting passports done!

thanks to all of you for you info! WHOOOO HOOO,,,,LET'S GO!

Hello cruise_crazy68,

Hope that helps!

Tim

We used Machu Picchu in 2005 with no problems, so here is another recommendation. :)

Have to update y'all on the day i have had. i did find out that the copies i have will not work....ship leaving MONDAY 6/25....time crunch. we live in one state and having to deal with two other states ALL morning trying to get "state certified copies". after hours of calling and crying it has been taken care of. i will say this,,,,in todays society it sure is hard to find a human on the phone that is willing to be nice, informative, and helpful. but i did manage with both states to find that nice person today....only after hour and hours of calling. so long story short,,,,expecting two ups overnight packages to arrive at my home tomorrow....

WHAT A DAY!!!!!!! when we get back from this trip I am going to start the process of getting passports done!

Deep breath in....deep breath out...haha:p Have a GREAT cruise, I can't wait to read your review...:D

Enjoy your cruise, and think about all the rude people you encountered on the phone, as you sip on your martini. :)

Hi all. Going on the Fantasy on 8/30/07 for the 4-day down to Cozumel and back. There's a group of 12 of us going, and I am very excited!

This is probably the first of many questions I'll have between now and then, so here goes. There's been some debate among our group as to whether a passport or birth certificate is required to go. I know that all of the requirements are changing, but no one can seem to get a clear answer from Carnival as to what the story is.

So, my question is: Will we need a passport or birth certificate for this cruise? I believe the answer is no, but some other members of my group disagree with me.

Thanks in advance.

I apologize if I am repeating some questions but it's hard to look through this whole thread. This is my kids first cruise and I want to make sure it is special

Anyone have a lodging recommendation for NO for a mom with kids?

Anyone have copies for the menus?

Anyone have ideas for shore excursions or other things to do with kids in the port?

Please respond! I would love any help/recommendations I can get

Thanks;)

So, my question is: Will we need a passport or birth certificate for this cruise? I believe the answer is no, but some other members of my group disagree with me.

Thanks in advance.

No passport required UNLESS you happen to miss the ship. Then you would need one to fly to the next port.

Dave

I apologize if I am repeating some questions but it's hard to look through this whole thread. This is my kids first cruise and I want to make sure it is special

Anyone have ideas for shore excursions or other things to do with kids in the port?

Thanks;)

As far as excurisons in Cozumel with children, you might want to consider Paradise Beach or Playa Mia Beach, the Dolphin Encounters or even going to Xcaret.

In Costa Maya, there is a pool at the port center and the Mayan ruins.

I think there is a thread somewhere on CC that has Carnival dinner menus in the formal dining rooms.They are basically the same on each ship. There will some entrees that are available each night, such as New York strip steak, Black Angus hamburgers and chicken dishes. Of course on formal night, there is prime rib and lobster. Believe me, no one will go hungry :D ...

All you will need is a birth cert. with the offical state seal on it, no copies of birth cert. will be accepted.

A passport would be required if you were to be flying into Cozumel, but not by sea.

Fire away with the next ????

as i learned in a panic yesterday, if you are taking birth certificates,,,,MAKE SURE IT IS A STATE CERTIFIED COPY.... for example the certified copy that i have used all my life is a certified copy in one state but i was born in another...the copy i had would not have worked!!! you must get the state certified copy from the state that you were born in....TALK ABOUT PANIC YESTERDAY...lucky i was able to get ups overnight state certified copies delivered today!!! we had less than one week until departure....yes, panic yesterday...lucky i was able to finally find an employee in each state that cared and was willing to help!

All you will need is a birth cert. with the offical state seal on it, no copies of birth cert. will be accepted.

A passport would be required if you were to be flying into Cozumel, but not by sea.

Fire away with the next ????

as i learned in a panic yesterday, if you are taking birth certificates,,,,MAKE SURE IT IS A STATE CERTIFIED COPY.... for example the certified copy that i have used all my life is a certified copy in one state but i was born in another...the copy i had would not have worked!!! you must get the state certified copy from the state that you were born in....TALK ABOUT PANIC YESTERDAY...lucky i was able to get ups overnight state certified copies delivered today!!! we had less than one week until departure....yes, panic yesterday...lucky i was able to finally find an employee in each state that cared and was willing to help!

Enjoy your cruise, and think about all the rude people you encountered on the phone, as you sip on your martini. :)

do you think i can order martini's in a bucket of six like beer, so i can drink my heart out????

yes, people that just do not care....but it a done deal now...

thanks,,,i'll think of this post while sitting on deck...

Thanks;)

first off...my hats off to you...i thought the twins were a handful when they were younger...they are 12 now...much easier...we are leaving next week for our first cruise,,,i booked the mini-rhino (only two people per rhino) in costa maya ...wanted to do dune buggy but it was already booked... i had been told by a friend that the dune buggy was well worth the time and money...in cozumel we are going to hang out at mr sanchos for the day and take it all in...good luck,,,,keep reading and you will find all sorts of info...this site has helped me sooo much...have fun...

Thanks for the answers. Okay, let me see if I have this straight. I don't need a passport, but I do need my birth certificate? In the alternative, I'm guessing you could substitute a passport for the birth certificate?

A passport is the most simpliest form of identification as it is a standalone document. In all the other cases, you have to have two forms of identification.

The birth certificate is proof that you are a US citizen. The VALID photo ID shows who you are. If your driver's license is expired, you could be denied boarding as it is no longer valid. If your passport is within 6 months of its expiration date, you could possibly be denied depending on your destinations.

Dave

Archived