Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

addictive yes...can't wait to go again.

glad to hear the weather for you has been better than up here...6+inches in the past two days..

what do you know about pregreso? i've done some looking

costa maya was nice but little

we did enjoy mr sanchos in cozumel...wonderful

gotta run for now...DH trying to watch a movie and i'm online again..

have a great weekend

forgot....so you repair jetskies...we live on the red river all summer...lot of those around here. we stick to the boat...we have a nitro fish and ski...LOVE IT!

Since this thread is so long, I'm not sure if anyone has asked about the tv's in the cabins. Are they now the flat screen? I don't think they have added refrigerators to the cabins, have they? Thanks.

Since this thread is so long, I'm not sure if anyone has asked about the tv's in the cabins. Are they now the flat screen? I don't think they have added refrigerators to the cabins, have they? Thanks.

we had a flat screen in our room and a refrig

,,,but it was a suite....the refig kept thing cool not cold!

oops forgot, the room was cool also not cold...we like it cold at night and it was not cold...i even had a fan that i brought..

but it was a wonderful, fun ship!!!

Unless you're in the Vernadah cabins, the TV's are not flat screen. There is not really all that much on TV, in my opinion, anyway. There some movies and a few network channels from Denver and CNN, but the rest is Carnival radio or re-broadcasts of the talks on the ship.

No refrigerators in the inside cabins either.

addictive yes...can't wait to go again.

glad to hear the weather for you has been better than up here...6+inches in the past two days..

what do you know about pregreso? i've done some looking

costa maya was nice but little

we did enjoy mr sanchos in cozumel...wonderful

gotta run for now...DH trying to watch a movie and i'm online again..

have a great weekend

forgot....so you repair jetskies...we live on the red river all summer...lot of those around here. we stick to the boat...we have a nitro fish and ski...LOVE IT!

Progreso, we took the local bus to Merida for $2.50pp round trip. It is a very nice old city. Progreso is larger than Majahual but just as laid back. You are close to several ruins if you are into that sort of thing.

Repairing jetskis is not too bad. Our local dealer charges $145 per hour and is the only place within 70 miles that works on them. My shop rate is only $60 per hour. It allows me to work about 9 months of the year steadily and take it easy for three.

Dave

work about 9 months of the year steadily and take it easy for three. Dave

You mean CRUISE for three! LOL :D :D

Sorry I didn't make it out to see you at the fireworks stand. I do want to thank you for selling the darned things that made my poor little dogs hide under the bed and kept me up half the night for a few days. These people around here DO like their fireworks! Hope you did good this season....:)

You mean CRUISE for three! LOL :D :D

Sorry I didn't make it out to see you at the fireworks stand. I do want to thank you for selling the darned things that made my poor little dogs hide under the bed and kept me up half the night for a few days. These people around here DO like their fireworks! Hope you did good this season....:)

Just because I will be at sea for 41 days this year.........:D that is still less than 90.

You are quite welcome. I even had the Sheriff's office called on me this year. I had a customer want to try a new rocket that we had gotten in. They were expensive at $6 apiece or $36 for six. He bought one of them and we went outside to the corner of the lot. I setup up a tube and angled it so that it would travel out over the field behind the Exxon station.

This rocket has a 2" morter shell on top of it. (most drop-in morters have a 1"-1 1/2" shell) I light it and off it goes with a deep throaty whish. It travels up nicely to a decent height and then suddenly it blows with a very LOUD boom. Even in the daytime you could see the colors from it. Me and the customer walks back to the tent when my wife tells me I am in trouble.

In the strip mall next door is a hair cutting place. Michelle said the ladies ran up to the windows and one went outside and then went back inside and appeared to pick up the phone. About three minutes later, a sheriff's deputy pulled into our parking lot. Luckily I knew him. He asked if any kid's were shooting off fireworks. I said no, only us big kids. I told him what had occurred. Well it seems the boom shook the ladies up (I hope no one got accidently scalped by the clippers). But the main reason for the call was that the stick from the rocket landed in the parking lot and that they wanted me to go pick it up. Of all things to call the police over.

We had a great season even though the two guys I hired to help on the 4th did not show. So it was just me and Michelle trying to keep up. We still did over $14K in sales for just the 4th.

Dave (ready for my cruise to get here)

Progreso, we took the local bus to Merida for $2.50pp round trip. It is a very nice old city. Progreso is larger than Majahual but just as laid back. You are close to several ruins if you are into that sort of thing.

Repairing jetskis is not too bad. Our local dealer charges $145 per hour and is the only place within 70 miles that works on them. My shop rate is only $60 per hour. It allows me to work about 9 months of the year steadily and take it easy for three.

Dave

sounds like a good living...i would love to just work for 9 mths a year...but i can't complain i work from home and take a nap EVERYDAY! raising the twins is a full time job!!! my hat's off to moms that work full time!

Just because I will be at sea for 41 days this year.........:D that is still less than 90.

You are quite welcome. I even had the Sheriff's office called on me this year. I had a customer want to try a new rocket that we had gotten in. They were expensive at $6 apiece or $36 for six. He bought one of them and we went outside to the corner of the lot. I setup up a tube and angled it so that it would travel out over the field behind the Exxon station.

This rocket has a 2" morter shell on top of it. (most drop-in morters have a 1"-1 1/2" shell) I light it and off it goes with a deep throaty whish. It travels up nicely to a decent height and then suddenly it blows with a very LOUD boom. Even in the daytime you could see the colors from it. Me and the customer walks back to the tent when my wife tells me I am in trouble.

In the strip mall next door is a hair cutting place. Michelle said the ladies ran up to the windows and one went outside and then went back inside and appeared to pick up the phone. About three minutes later, a sheriff's deputy pulled into our parking lot. Luckily I knew him. He asked if any kid's were shooting off fireworks. I said no, only us big kids. I told him what had occurred. Well it seems the boom shook the ladies up (I hope no one got accidently scalped by the clippers). But the main reason for the call was that the stick from the rocket landed in the parking lot and that they wanted me to go pick it up. Of all things to call the police over.

We had a great season even though the two guys I hired to help on the 4th did not show. So it was just me and Michelle trying to keep up. We still did over $14K in sales for just the 4th.

Dave (ready for my cruise to get here)

My son would be your new best friend Dave, he loves fireworks, luckily we live out on the middle of nowhere and everyone enjoys our fireworks ...well, everyone but my Jack Russell's.;) We shoot a lot off on Christmas Eve too, I am not sure how that got started, I think it is just a Southern thing.:D I am glad the 4th was profitable for you.

rodeomom when do you leave for your trip?? i can't see counters today...

getting excited??? yes, we have two shelties and they love the fireworks also...they are going to get them...it's wild...

sure wish we could do another trip before summer ends but trying to cut back..we've bought a lot and are going to build a new house..ha ha ha...life with two kids never slows down but no really we are going to start working on it when school starts up.

where abouts do you live??? we are in the shreveport area of la...

yes, we got alot of rain last week,,,,thank goodness the sun is out for two days now and it's drying out!

having in laws over for a fish fry (southern thing)...lol....

talk with you soon...

My son would be your new best friend Dave, he loves fireworks, luckily we live out on the middle of nowhere and everyone enjoys our fireworks ...well, everyone but my Jack Russell's.;) We shoot a lot off on Christmas Eve too, I am not sure how that got started, I think it is just a Southern thing.:D I am glad the 4th was profitable for you.

Our neighbors love us as we are able to shoot off things they cannot afford. Got to test the new product to make sure it is worthwhile to sell.:DWe have three big days for selling, July 4th, Dec 24th, and Dec 31st.

To keep it on a cruise topic, it gives us some extra spending money for our cruises. BUT, there is a lot of work involved in setting up the tent, inventory and pricing, loooooong hours of sheer boredom. The bright side is that it is a product I love to sell and help people with their purchases. Sort of the way, I try to help folks on here.

Dave

rodeomom when do you leave for your trip?? i can't see counters today...

getting excited??? yes, we have two shelties and they love the fireworks also...they are going to get them...it's wild...

sure wish we could do another trip before summer ends but trying to cut back..we've bought a lot and are going to build a new house..ha ha ha...life with two kids never slows down but no really we are going to start working on it when school starts up.

where abouts do you live??? we are in the shreveport area of la...

yes, we got alot of rain last week,,,,thank goodness the sun is out for two days now and it's drying out!

having in laws over for a fish fry (southern thing)...lol....

talk with you soon...

Our cruise leaves on August 25th, and I can not WAIT! We are going with 8 people, it will be myself, husband and 2 kids (12 & 15)and four of our friends, two of which are veterinarians and I am not a popular person around here for taking the animal drs away for 5 days!:D We live in Crystal Springs, which is right off of I-55 about 20 miles south of Jackson, we are about the same distance from Mobile as we are from New Orleans, we sailed on the Holiday out of Mobile last year and wanted to the kids to be able to go down the Mississippi this year. I think that they will enjoy that. :)

We do not have any plans for Costa Maya, thinking of renting some jet skis or something fun. In Cozumel we have a jeep tour set up.

Our cruise leaves on August 25th, and I can not WAIT! We are going with 8 people, it will be myself, husband and 2 kids (12 & 15)and four of our friends, two of which are veterinarians and I am not a popular person around here for taking the animal drs away for 5 days!:D We live in Crystal Springs, which is right off of I-55 about 20 miles south of Jackson, we are about the same distance from Mobile as we are from New Orleans, we sailed on the Holiday out of Mobile last year and wanted to the kids to be able to go down the Mississippi this year. I think that they will enjoy that. :)

We do not have any plans for Costa Maya, thinking of renting some jet skis or something fun. In Cozumel we have a jeep tour set up.

Enjoy!!! Wish we were going again.

I did book conquest for sept 2008 today for me and best friend...MOM'S GONE WILD!!! Lol

yes, i can imagine the uproar with you taking the vets out of town...they need a vacation also...

When do you kids start back to school??? We start back aug 8th , I think! to early!!!!!!!!!

ttyl...

Somebody mentioned there are no fridges in interior rooms. Does that mean that OV rooms have them? I want to get some night pics of the Fantasy in NO. What time does she arrive the night before? I am a big guy , How big are the bathrooms and the showers? What Is the water pressure like? Thanks Guys, Mike

Somebody mentioned there are no fridges in interior rooms. Does that mean that OV rooms have them? I want to get some night pics of the Fantasy in NO. What time does she arrive the night before? I am a big guy , How big are the bathrooms and the showers? What Is the water pressure like? Thanks Guys, Mike

I dont believe the OV's have them. It is the Cat 11 and 12's only. The Fantasy usually arrives in NOLA around 5-6 in the morning.

In the IS and OV, they are decent sized compared to the ones we had on the NCL Sun. No problem with water pressure. Sometimes you might have a surge in water temperature as the hot water is circulated and hits cool spots.

Dave

Enjoy!!! Wish we were going again.

I did book conquest for sept 2008 today for me and best friend...MOM'S GONE WILD!!! Lol

yes, i can imagine the uproar with you taking the vets out of town...they need a vacation also...

When do you kids start back to school??? We start back aug 8th , I think! to early!!!!!!!!!

ttyl...

We start back on the 29th of July (we homeschool) and we are taking the week off that we are going on the cruise. :D Do you remember anything about the build a bear thing during Camp Carnival? I have read about it on here, but am not sure if it is available on the Fantasy or not...do you recall reading anything about that in your capers?

Have fun on the Conquest, I am sure a girls only cruise would be fun....;)

Other than the Bon Voyage dept delivering alcohol to your room ....

Who else does & will deliver onboard the Fantasy ?

I have contacted JUST BECAUSE and they do not do this port.

ANd I have contacted WELLWISHERS and they will not deliver alcohol on Carnival ships ...

Does anyone know ?

Thank you

We start back on the 29th of July (we homeschool) and we are taking the week off that we are going on the cruise. :D Do you remember anything about the build a bear thing during Camp Carnival? I have read about it on here, but am not sure if it is available on the Fantasy or not...do you recall reading anything about that in your capers?

yes, they do have them, since the boys (ha ha ha) didn't want to make one i don't know what the price was...but yes, they have them

homeschool, now that's nice for taking vacation when you want. how long have you been doing it? how is it?

Rodeomom - they have Build a Bear on Fantasy. Twice on a 5 day cruise and I think twice on a 4-day as well. They had it on the first night around 9pm and then at the end of the cruise. One thing I noticed was that no one was "building" their bears at Camp Carnival. People just came in, bought them and then took them back to their cabins to put together.

Other than the Bon Voyage dept delivering alcohol to your room ....

Who else does & will deliver onboard the Fantasy ?

I have contacted JUST BECAUSE and they do not do this port.

ANd I have contacted WELLWISHERS and they will not deliver alcohol on Carnival ships ...

Does anyone know ?

Thank you

On Fantasy, the Bon Voyage Department is your only choice for legally having alcohol in your cabin.

You have you choice of bear, cat or dog but they call it "build a bear". I believe it was $19.95.

Dave

rodeomom.. or other moms traveling with kids....i keep forgetting to tell you.

before our trip i went to walmart in the men's wallet section...for 97 cents they have these belt clips with a retractable cord and a plastic lanyard piece...

they were perfect for the kids to put their s&s cards and soda card in....i bought an extra and good thing one of them broke...but for 97 cents...

the twins clipped them on their shorts or swim suits and i didn't have to worry about them loosing them...just wanted to share that with you!

Thanks for all the info about the build a bear question, I keep hoping my daughter will grow out of that stage; but then again I guess I should just appreciate it. I am sure we will be buying at least on of the animals.;)

yes, they do have them, since the boys (ha ha ha) didn't want to make one i don't know what the price was...but yes, they have them

homeschool, now that's nice for taking vacation when you want. how long have you been doing it? how is it?

Homescooling is a great option, though I do not suggest it for everyone, we have home educated from the beginning (my soon to be 15 year old is doing 11th grade work now) and it has been a challenge as well as a blessing. It makes cruising during the "off" season easy though....;)

Archived