Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

The first S&S was before Katrina and the drydock. Katrina was in 2005. The Sensation was sailing out of Florida on a 4/5 day schedule because it could not go into New Orleans. The ships switched up with the Fantasy while in Florida. The first sailing out of New Orleans was Oct 26, 2006 by the Fantasy.

Dave

Thanks, I didn't know that.:D

• 1 year later...

Going in 89 days and have just a few questions.... first of all, the Fantasy does have the Mongolian grill right? I was recently on the Liberty and absolutely loved it so I wanted to make sure it was on this ship too. Second, how are the slides in the back? I'm taking my nephew and hes pretty excited about this so I hope he wont be disappointed. Lastly, how are the sauna and steam rooms? are they co-ed or can guys go free bird in there if they want? Not a huge fan of that so I didn't know if since this was an older ship its the same as the newer ships. Thanks in advance for the answers :D

Going in 89 days and have just a few questions.... first of all, the Fantasy does have the Mongolian grill right? I was recently on the Liberty and absolutely loved it so I wanted to make sure it was on this ship too. Second, how are the slides in the back? I'm taking my nephew and hes pretty excited about this so I hope he wont be disappointed. Lastly, how are the sauna and steam rooms? are they co-ed or can guys go free bird in there if they want? Not a huge fan of that so I didn't know if since this was an older ship its the same as the newer ships. Thanks in advance for the answers :D

Yes the Fantasy does have the Mongolian grill and Rotisserre Chicken. It is located on the port side of the hamburger area by the pool.

The slides are great. As long as he is 42" or taller, no problem.

I have yet to step foot in a gym/spa/sauna on any of the ships I have been on so I cant answer that.

Dave

I can answer the last question: there are separate steam and sauna rooms for men and women. The steam room seems to work better than the sauna in terms of heat, in my opinion.

This will be my 6th cruise and first on this ship. I was looking at the deck plans and I don't see a movie room. Does it have one or will it be the first ship I will be on that doesn't have one? I didn't notice the big screen near the pool either.

Thanks,

Sharon

Kentucky

This will be my 6th cruise and first on this ship. I was looking at the deck plans and I don't see a movie room. Does it have one or will it be the first ship I will be on that doesn't have one? I didn't notice the big screen near the pool either.

Thanks,

Sharon

Kentucky

No it does not have a movie room nor a big screen.

Thanks,

Sharon

Kentucky

Fantasy class ships do not have the Seaside Theater. They do on occasion show movies in the Forum lounge.

Dave

Thanks for the quick responses. Next thought--I have been going on a cruise for the last three years on my spring break. This year I as really wanting to do the RCCL Voyager out of Galveston, but loved the price of the Fantasty out of Mobile. I realize the Fantasy is a lot smaller. I was attracted by the price and the fact I could drive to Mobile and that it was a 5 day cruise which would allow me the whole weekend back at home before returning to school. I shared this cruise info with family and other teachers at school and I now have 14 rooms booked. Please convince me that this is a nice ship and that the people going with me that have never cruised (which is most of them) will not be disappointed. I have been on much larger ships with more to offer, but like I said price, location, and length of cruise reeled me in. Tell me I have made a good choice. PLEASE!!!

Sharon

Kentucky

Thanks for the quick responses. Next thought--I have been going on a cruise for the last three years on my spring break. This year I as really wanting to do the RCCL Voyager out of Galveston, but loved the price of the Fantasty out of Mobile. I realize the Fantasy is a lot smaller. I was attracted by the price and the fact I could drive to Mobile and that it was a 5 day cruise which would allow me the whole weekend back at home before returning to school. I shared this cruise info with family and other teachers at school and I now have 14 rooms booked. Please convince me that this is a nice ship and that the people going with me that have never cruised (which is most of them) will not be disappointed. I have been on much larger ships with more to offer, but like I said price, location, and length of cruise reeled me in. Tell me I have made a good choice. PLEASE!!!

Sharon

Kentucky

Sharon - you made a great choice for your group. Those who have never cruised will love it. The ship is more than nice in my opinion and has so much to offer that you'll have a great time.

The cruise director is great, the shows are very entertaining and the food is plentiful and very good.

Have no second thoughts. You have planned well.

Archived