Not stingray city...

lovelycruise

What is the island like? We have been on many cruises and each time we have visited Cayman, we have done Stingray City. I am going on my honeymoon and we want to try something different, even just walk around and enjoy the island without rushing to meet some kind of excursion. What is there to do right off the ship? Are there beaches near by? Is there a cost to the beaches? Anything else? Cozy restaurants, fun shopping? What to do, what to do??

Thanks!!

What is the island like? We have been on many cruises and each time we have visited Cayman, we have done Stingray City. I am going on my honeymoon and we want to try something different, even just walk around and enjoy the island without rushing to meet some kind of excursion. What is there to do right off the ship? Are there beaches near by? Is there a cost to the beaches? Anything else? Cozy restaurants, fun shopping? What to do, what to do??

Thanks!!

We are also trying to figure out something else to do besides stingray city (been there, done that!). Some of the beaches recommended are Sea Grapes, Rum Point, and 7-mile. I have read good things about Royal Palms. The Hyatt is located on 7-mile beach, and you can get a day pass at there. There is no cost to use the beaches. You could also do an excursion that involves a tour of the island which is what we are thinking of doing. They usually go to the turtle farm, Hell and the rum factory. I think the shopping areas are pretty convenient, also.

Archived