We will be docking in Sardinia this May. When I originally looked at the shore excursions, there was a beach shuttle available. Now that all the excursions for my particular cruise have been listed, that one is no longer there. We have heard the beach there is beautiful and it would be a relaxing day in the middle of a very port intensive cruise. Does anyone know if there are taxis at this port and also if there would be taxis at the beach for our return? This is a port I really know nothing about and would appreciate hearing from those of you who have been there.

Thank you.

We will be docking in Sardinia this May. When I originally looked at the shore excursions, there was a beach shuttle available. Now that all the excursions for my particular cruise have been listed, that one is no longer there. We have heard the beach there is beautiful and it would be a relaxing day in the middle of a very port intensive cruise. Does anyone know if there are taxis at this port and also if there would be taxis at the beach for our return? This is a port I really know nothing about and would appreciate hearing from those of you who have been there.

Thank you.

Which cruise line are you sailing with as I see Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas on the 16th June has the Poetto Beach Shuttle listed as one of their excursions.

We docked in the downtown area of Sardinia and found it to be quite walkable and beautiful. The weather was not conducive to beach so cannot comment but the taxi situation is fine so you should not have a problem locating one. Many folks just walked around the shops and outdoor market area while we wandered several miles and grabbed a taxi back to the ship.

Have a great time!

Sardinia is an island (and larger than you might think) - if you post the name of the port your ship is visiting, you might trigger replies from readers who have visited it either on other cruises or on land vacations

Saylor girl- We will also be docking/tendering (?) at Alghero. I am having a hard time finding some good advice about what to do at this port...even after doing a search. It appears that many cruises stop in Cagliari. Please tell me all that you know of this port! Thanks so much, Marilyn

We are on Navigator of the Seas on May 19th.

This is the list of excursions coming up on the uk site for the May 19th. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/shoreExcursions.do;jsessionid=0000qeA89lLIRmN8EKuZAS8XQXt:10kohi76p?packageCode=NV14Q004&shipCode=NV&Day=19&Month=05&Year=2007&sailDate=1070519&ActivityTypeId=&LocationCode=CAG&SortBy=Price&Submit222.x=23&Submit222.y=6

The beach shuttle is the first one. Don't know why it is not coming up with you. Perhaps you need to phone the cruise excursion desk at your cutomer service number but I know they don't always help very much.

We will be docking in Cagliari. I'm thinking maybe the weather at that time of the year is not beach weather, although according to Broch, it is coming up on the UK sites. I'll have to keep checking. But it's nice to know we can just walk around the town ourselves. Someitmes we would much rather do that and spend as much time as we want somewhere instead of getting on and off a bus and only spending 20 minutes somewhere.

Thank you everyone for your input.

We are on Navigator of the Seas on May 19th.

When I tried the link I sent to you the message came up that they were updating the excursions so I am now sending a link to you with all the excursions for your 19th May cruise in the hope you will have better luck this time.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/shoreExcursions.do;jsessionid=0000qeA89lLIRmN8EKuZAS8XQXt:10kohi76p?shipCode=NV&Day=19&Month=05&Year=2007&packageCode=NV14Q004&sailDate=1070519

edited message

This is amazing. When I sent this link the beach shuttle was on the list, now after checking again it has amazingly disappeared from the uk list also. As you say you will just have to keep checking as it may reappear again. if it comes back on the uk list i will post it back to you again.

Archived