Zuiderdam - Dress Code

Zobrina

Anyone.....dress code and themed nights on the Zuiderdam??

Zobrina:

When and Where? The Zuiderdam does Caribbean, Panama Canal, and Alaska itineraries this year. Also, what particularly do you want to know, so we can properly answer your questions? Here's a link to HAL's website concerning attire while onboard.

There are many threads on this subject, so if you do a search on this board for "dress code", I'm sure you will find a lot of information. (The "search this forum" feature is located in the upper right hand corner on the main HAL page).

Karin

Zobrina,

I understand your confusion because after searching myself and reading several threads I see that there has been conversations about HAL changing the dress code on some ships and not on others yet. We will be on Zuiderdam in 3 weeks and I still am not sure about it. I know there are 2 formal nights, the rest of the nights, I think are resort casual.

Anyone that KNOWS care to enlighten us with facts?

Thanks,

Zobrina,

I understand your confusion because after searching myself and reading several threads I see that there has been conversations about HAL changing the dress code on some ships and not on others yet. We will be on Zuiderdam in 3 weeks and I still am not sure about it. I know there are 2 formal nights, the rest of the nights, I think are resort casual.

Thanks,

Your documentation should indicate the number of nights for each dress code on your cruise. The change in dress code (which simply eliminates the "informal" night/nights) doesn't begin being implemented until May. May 12, to be specific, for the Zuiderdam.

Zobrina,

Thanks,

Hi TinaParrothead:

The link I included in my post above includes all that information. It describes appropriate attire both before and after the changes, lists what those changes are, and when they become effective on each ship. That is why I attached that specific link, to be helpful to Zobrina by providing her with as much information as I could given her limited question. Hopefully, that link will be helpful to you as well.

Karin

I was on the Zuiderdam in November. There are 2 formal nights. And they are formal!! I saw boas, seguins, ballgowns, rinestones and lots of tuxedos. I wore a (black of course) chiffon spagetti strapped tulip dress with matching long sleeve jacket (I wore this as a matron of honor at a wedding) and felt under dressed. Other non formal nights I would dress up alittle more than I would at an all inclusive resort, maybe a skirt and blouse, or capris and a nice top, maybe a dressy sundress, that sort of thing. They do have one caribbean night where they bar-b-q around the pool. Its fun and very casual. Tropical prints galore!! Have a great time and wear what you're comforatable in but follow the guidelines.

Archived