life vests

stwr cruiser

Anyone take their own life vests for the kiddos? We have an 8 and 6 year old. We are planning on seeing the stingrays in Grand Cayman but I think the life vests are those ones that don't inflate sometimes. Am I right?

Stephanie

I've got a now 11YO who has always had a very healthy respect for the water! We bought and brought along one of those inflatable vests for when we went snorkeling the first few times we tried (she was 6YO the first time she snorkeled). It gave her confidence.

I've got a now 11YO who has always had a very healthy respect for the water! We bought and brought along one of those inflatable vests for when we went snorkeling the first few times we tried (she was 6YO the first time she snorkeled). It gave her confidence.

I have thought about that and have looked at them. I have just heard to many stories about the excursion vests not holding air in them. My children have had swimming lessons and are fish in the water but the ocean may be a different story.

Thanks for your thoughts!!

Stephanie

Just read another thread about "nightmarish" tenders back to the ship due to rough seas. Decided very quickly that we will purchase and bring along my 17 mo granddaughters own personal life vest for tender rides and other times as well.

Just read another thread about "nightmarish" tenders back to the ship due to rough seas. Decided very quickly that we will purchase and bring along my 17 mo granddaughters own personal life vest for tender rides and other times as well.

I am sorta with you. People will probably think I am nuts but oh well. They never thought the Titanic would sink but it did. You never know when a tender could have some problems! I think I will unpack the beach towels (use the ship beach towels) and pack the life vests instead!

Stephanie

We are taking our kids life jackets. Because at paradise beach and sting rays they have life jackets but on the ship they do not have them to us unless the ship is going down. Hope not to us them!

It does take up over 1/2 a suit case.:mad:

Archived