Scuba Diving

Momo5

We are sailing on the "Sun" on Mar 25. Which port might offer scuba diving for certified rookies? Any advice or suggestions about this adventure are most welcome! Thanks!

We sailed the Sun on Jan28-Feb4. We dove Cozumel and Costa Maya BUT for new divers I would recommend Belize before Cozumel. Belize is an incredible place to dive! Hugh Parkey is a great outfit to dive with (if you book through the ship). We booked through the ship in Costa Maya and got Dreamtime. The water was a little rough that day but not a big problem. But the boat was so crowded and they didn't really help too much. Not my favorite dive shop. Cozumel is a drift dive. The current can be mild or strong depending on the day. It can be a little challanging if the current is strong. Nice dive tho. The ship used a company called Avitar or something like that. They were super. But I still would go with Belize. No place to dive in Guatemala

Archived