Searching for Passengers left @ Port

cdnprincess

I just read the whole post and I think this person made a mistake on the ship's name. Everything is exactly the same including the last sentance that says 17 passengers were left. This person what on the same bus. Wow I was begining to think I dreamt it. Now I have to figure out how to contact this person.

Ok figured it out. Hopefully I get a response.

I work for a commercial general contractor and we subcontract out 70% of the work. Do you think when the owner has a problem with one of our subcontractors that they go directly to the subcontractor to hold them accountable? NOPE. The owner holds, us, the General Contractor liable for the subcontractor's actions. The General Contractor then in turn makes the subcontractor accountable. This is how it should be with Carnival. Carnival makes it right with their customer, the OP and then Carnival goes after Mears.

!

I live in the same state as you and I am a Licenced building contractor and that is not totaly true. Some items do go back to the General, but many are direct to the sub.

On a new build, at the closing the respective info on warrenties is turned over.If the new owner has a problem with the following,they contact them direct,not me.

Appliances

Plumbing

Electrical

Flooring

Roofing

Other manufacture warrentied items.

Yes there are many other items that I am the contact for for,but the above are the majority that could go wrong.Not many people have future problems with their slab or insulation.

The big difference between me and CCL is that my sub outs are not for the convienence of the client, but the neccesity of the project. Apples and Oranges. My clients cannot bring or arrange for a portion of the house to be done by another.Whereas, CCL clients can get their own air and transfer.

Lastly, when I am building, I HAVE insurance in case something went wrong which would have been the OPs simple solution here.

Steve

PS. Mears also services Holland America

I just read the whole post and I think this person made a mistake on the ship's name. Everything is exactly the same including the last sentance that says 17 passengers were left. This person what on the same bus. Wow I was begining to think I dreamt it. Now I have to figure out how to contact this person.

Ok figured it out. Hopefully I get a response.

Contact the other site asap and let them know you were also affected and that you want to contact the other party.Don't rely on this site,go to the other one.

Steve

Contact the other site asap and let them know you were also affected and that you want to contact the other party.Don't rely on this site,go to the other one.

Steve

I did. Thanks

I got excited and did not realize it was from another site, but once I figured it out I checked it out.

I did. Thanks

I got excited and did not realize it was from another site, but once I figured it out I checked it out.

Congrats - your long goal of finding someone!!! I do wonder why they screwed up the ship name...

Congrats - your long goal of finding someone!!! I do wonder why they screwed up the ship name...

I wonder the same thing but everything else matches down to the delays of the airplane from Miami to how many passengers were on the bus. I think I know who this person is because there were 2 other couples and one couple did not find their luggage and this letter says they got their luggage.

Jeez I go away for a week, come back and this thing is still going. :rolleyes:

For those of you who doubt the veracity of the OPs claims let me state that almost exactly the same thing happened to us on the Glory a couple of years ago.

In our case, there were delays on getting busses back to the airport in the afternoon, and we waited for over an hour before we could get on a bus. Carnival personnel boarded with us and did indeed process everyone (except non-US passangers) on the bus. When we arrived at the ship the US passangers proceed directly through security and the boarding process, skipping check-in. Because this was back in the day when non-US passports were held by Carnival, we were required to go to the counter, check in and hand over our passports, we then boarded. We arrived at the terminal at 3:45, and boarded the ship in the middle of lifeboat drill.

Possible reason for the incorrect ship name....the site where the bruise is submitted uses a web form with a pull down menu. It is not a free text entry, so the person submitting that post may have not scrolled incorrectly through the web form, resulting the wrong the ship name. Who hasn't filled out a web form and had this happen at least once?

Possible reason for the incorrect ship name....the site where the bruise is submitted uses a web form with a pull down menu. It is not a free text entry, so the person submitting that post may have not scrolled incorrectly through the web form, resulting the wrong the ship name. Who hasn't filled out a web form and had this happen at least once?

I noticed that too, and she did not mention the ship's name again in her post.

I live in the same state as you and I am a Licenced building contractor and that is not totaly true. Some items do go back to the General, but many are direct to the sub.

On a new build, at the closing the respective info on warrenties is turned over.If the new owner has a problem with the following,they contact them direct,not me.

Appliances

Plumbing

Electrical

Flooring

Roofing

Other manufacture warrentied items.

Yes there are many other items that I am the contact for for,but the above are the majority that could go wrong.Not many people have future problems with their slab or insulation.

The big difference between me and CCL is that my sub outs are not for the convienence of the client, but the neccesity of the project. Apples and Oranges. My clients cannot bring or arrange for a portion of the house to be done by another.Whereas, CCL clients can get their own air and transfer.

Lastly, when I am building, I HAVE insurance in case something went wrong which would have been the OPs simple solution here.

Steve

PS. Mears also services Holland America

I'm not going to debate with you on this forum regarding construction law because it would take away from the subject at hand. However, your post is not entirely correct.

To the OP, don't give up! I hope things work out postively for you. :)

• 2 months later...
Hey!

I read this and remembered your post. Is the article about you and your husband? I'm glad you got it all resolved. Better luck on your next cruise!! :D

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19078819/

I would guess that it probably was. She hasn't posted since April. But the below thread was the same as the result in the article.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=534641

The ship in the article matches. The name she used in the thread I linked is similar to the one in the msnbc article. In both cases the people flew out of Toronto. Odds are that it is the same person. I'm glad everything worked out for her.

I would guess that it probably was. She hasn't posted since April. But the below thread was the same as the result in the article.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=534641

The ship in the article matches. The name she used in the thread I linked is similar to the one in the msnbc article. In both cases the people flew out of Toronto. Odds are that it is the same person. I'm glad everything worked out for her.

thats pretty cool being on national news for missing a cruise

Sorry to cause you grief but I guess I am trying to prep you for trial.

You keep missing the point.The travel delay was the "Airline".

You needed to be on the ship at 3pm.One hour prior to departure and since your flight arrived late you did not make it to the bus until 2.50 which gave you only 10 minutes to make the printed arrival times,which is impossible since it is 45 miles away.

An airline delay is covered.

Steve

Hi Steve;

I know this thread is old, and I haven't read ahead yet to see where it goes, but I do have a question for you since you say the airline is at fault. What about the PAX that the OP described that were on this bus way earlier then her, and had flights that DID arrive on time. They missed this cruise also. Is this their fault too? They were held up by Carnival rep that decided to hold this bus. Should THEY get compensated. Fine print or not they didn't do anything wrong (arrive late, get on a bus late, etc...) they just followed along with the reps decision. Who do they blame?

Booking cruise line air is no guarantee of anything. They are only "acting as your agent" and take no responsibility for you making the sailing. They will usually wait as they know how many pax they have on any given flight. Unless there are only a few pax, then, like or not, the ship will sail without them. Sounds like they are applying the same rules to the bus transfer and that sucks. I would have bet that they would wait for 17 pax on their own bus. [and I would have lost] I wonder that the bus actually was in contact with the ship, seems hard to believe they would sail knowing EXACTLY how far out 17 more pax were.

I would be way beyond upset with the cruise line, the airline, the bus people, the Delta group, my mother-in-law, my 4th grade spuling techur, eveybody.

Dan

I swear that is the funniest thing I've read all day!!! LMAO!

Archived